Windows 10: Very odd Printing problem in windows 10

Discus and support Very odd Printing problem in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, this problem is a strange one indeed; I work for a company and we have a laser printer hooked up to a windows 10 machine in on of our warehouses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chris Castro, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Very odd Printing problem in windows 10

So, this problem is a strange one indeed;

I work for a company and we have a laser printer hooked up to a windows 10 machine in on of our warehouses via usb a to b, it's a brother HL-L2320D. When anyone (user or administrator) tries to print a document, the document shows up in the print queue as being printed, then disappears, unless I set the printer settings to keep printed documents in the queue. either way, the document shows as having been printed, but the printer won't budge at all. the printer does not show any error indications on its LEDs. The printer does not show any errors in device manager. These are the troubleshooting steps I have already tried:

-physical connection (new usb cable)

-different usb port

-restart the pc

-driver update

-driver uninstall/ re-install

-using the drivers from the website

-print from administrator account

-print directly to printer (don't sent document to printing spool)

-restore printer to factory settings

-swap printer for a different printer (same brand & model)

Steps I have not tried:

-use printer on a different pc

-try a different brand/model of printer

-restore/reinstall the OS (reluctant to do this because it's set up with our company warehouse/item management software and it's a bit of a chore to reinstall and reconfigure)

I'm not sure what to try next so any suggestions would be helpful, or if anyone has seen thins before and knows of a solution.

:)

Chris Castro, Mar 27, 2019

2. Unable to Print odd-size photos in Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Which application are you using to print the photos?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What happens when you try to print odd ones? Did you get any error message?

• When you say pre-Microsoft 10 program, what are you referring to?
    I suggest you to send us the Screen shot of the print settings. Follow the steps given in the link below to provide the screenshot.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Meanwhile you can refer the suggestion provided by
    Wungraileng Vashi replied on October 19, 2015

How to select multiple pictures and be able to select the sizes when printing?

Revert to us with the requested information, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Very odd Printing problem in windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Very odd Printing problem in windows 10

1. Very odd Printing problem in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Very odd Printing

2. Odd printing issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd printing issue: I enjoy crossword puzzles. What I have been able to do via the app the e-paper provides is clip the puzzles, save them to downloads. I then select the puzzle, click the printer icon, what has been coming up on the screen is an oversized document. I can the click "fit to page"...
  3. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  4. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  5. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Very puzzling printing problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very puzzling printing problem: I have an HP MFP m477fdn laser printer - rest of system specs are below. And before offering tips to reinstall drivers, firmware, etc., I have been working with HP support - and we have done all that several times over, without positive outcome. They are puzzled and suggested...
  7. HDR is very odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR is very odd: Im using a LG ultragear 1440p HDR monitor and when I enable HDR the screen is more yellow (even whites) and the brightness adjusts automatically based off whats on the screen. I had hulu open on half my monitor and it was full black and I minimized it and everything else got...
  8. Very odd problem that seems to be related to Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very odd problem that seems to be related to Windows Explorer?: I know the title isn't the best, but I wanted to keep it relatively short. Rarely, when I'm working on my computer, my mouse starts jumping around the screen while clicking like a absolute maniac for approximately 10-15 seconds and afterward I can't click anywhere except...
  9. Something very odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something very odd.: I went on my computer and turned on Task Manager and found a process going by "WaasMedic Agent Exe" i don't remember downloading anything yesterday. Is this something bad?[IMG]...
  10. Very Odd Clean Install Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very Odd Clean Install Problem: Hello - I've been banging my head off the wall trying to work this one out for days.... I have a machine which is base OS Windows 7 Home Premium x64 so I invoked the Upgrade and it activated with Windows 10 absolutely fine. (I used the keep files and apps option). I then...