Windows 10: Very odd problem that seems to be related to Windows Explorer?

Discus and support Very odd problem that seems to be related to Windows Explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know the title isn't the best, but I wanted to keep it relatively short. Rarely, when I'm working on my computer, my mouse starts jumping around the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Samey-the-Hedgie, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Very odd problem that seems to be related to Windows Explorer?

I know the title isn't the best, but I wanted to keep it relatively short.

Rarely, when I'm working on my computer, my mouse starts jumping around the screen while clicking like a absolute maniac for approximately 10-15 seconds and afterward I can't click anywhere except where the taskbar is.

I can still interact with any windows already open, but I can't click on them. I have to use the keyboard to navigate through them.

The only fix I've seemed to find was restarting explorer.exe or restarting Windows.
    I might have to re-install Windows or something but I really don't want to do that tbh. Very odd problem that seems to be related to Windows Explorer? :(

submitted by /u/Samey-the-Hedgie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Samey-the-Hedgie, Dec 25, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 25, 2020
  4. jsmin Win User

Very odd problem that seems to be related to Windows Explorer?

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Very odd problem that seems to be related to Windows Explorer?

1. Very odd problem that seems to be related to Windows Explorer? - Similar Threads - Very odd problem

2. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  3. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  4. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ethernet problem that seems to be related to KB5005565

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet problem that seems to be related to KB5005565: Windows 10 FamilleVersion 21H1Installé le 2021-01-05Build 19043.1165Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0Here's the problem, suddenly, internet stop working on a desktop which is connected to a router with an RJ45. At first I tough it was a problem with the network...
  6. HDR is very odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR is very odd: Im using a LG ultragear 1440p HDR monitor and when I enable HDR the screen is more yellow (even whites) and the brightness adjusts automatically based off whats on the screen. I had hulu open on half my monitor and it was full black and I minimized it and everything else got...
  7. Something very odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something very odd.: I went on my computer and turned on Task Manager and found a process going by "WaasMedic Agent Exe" i don't remember downloading anything yesterday. Is this something bad?[IMG]...
  8. Very odd Printing problem in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very odd Printing problem in windows 10: So, this problem is a strange one indeed; I work for a company and we have a laser printer hooked up to a windows 10 machine in on of our warehouses via usb a to b, it's a brother HL-L2320D. When anyone (user or administrator) tries to print a document, the document shows...
  9. Very Odd Clean Install Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very Odd Clean Install Problem: Hello - I've been banging my head off the wall trying to work this one out for days.... I have a machine which is base OS Windows 7 Home Premium x64 so I invoked the Upgrade and it activated with Windows 10 absolutely fine. (I used the keep files and apps option). I then...
  10. Windows explorer and other odd problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer and other odd problems: Hi all, Upgraded from Win7 to Win 10 and am experiencing some very odd problems which have got me stumped. The best example I can give is one I'm having right now, if I try to copy a large file between drives, the file copy starts and after 8% the transfer speed drops...