Windows 10: Very odd problem wth Update version 1903

Discus and support Very odd problem wth Update version 1903 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've tried doing this update a number of times using just about every method out there. I'm getting error 0x1900101-0x30018. After looking into this I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ash55, Aug 26, 2019.

1. ash55 Win User

Very odd problem wth Update version 1903

I've tried doing this update a number of times using just about every method out there. I'm getting error 0x1900101-0x30018. After looking into this I found out the software is trying to update my E: drive and not my C: drive where windows is on a SSD. This info was in the setup.log
    Having looked in Disk management I can see what maybe the problem. The C and E drive are both marked as Active but my OS is only on C.
    I guess I could unplug E drive and then try the update again? Or could I deactivate E but will I lose data on that drive?

:)

ash55, Aug 26, 2019
  2. MJLONGLEY Win User

Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Mail and 1903

Dear Greg,

Thanks for suggestions, started last night, after work today I will move on to the reinstall step. Except for this odd hiccup the new 1903 is great. When I reset Mail, the Mail program would not allow me to "add account," shutting down instantly, suggesting
    that the problem is with the app as it resides on my computer. Will follow up after reinstalling.

Ragnar Danneskjold, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Very odd problem wth Update version 1903

Window 10, Version 1903 May Update

Andre:

1. Why are all of the links that you listed not completed. On my computer currently it has Windows 10 Home Version 1803, installed 6/29/2018 with O.S. Build 17134.799. It has used space of 187 GB and 257 GB of free space.

I attempted to install Version 1903 Manually, through Settings/Windows Update, Windows 10 Update Assistant, and other ways without success. I have spent the better part of the past 3 days trying to get this accomplished on my laptop. It has worked on my
    PC but not on the laptop.

Listed below are the different error messages that I get after the download stops each time at 90% and converts back to previous settings:

a. Windows 10, Version 1903 error message (0x80240034)

b. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x800703fb)

c. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0xC1900101 - 0x4000D)

d. Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1903, We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x80070652)

If there are ways to get this latest update installed on my laptop, please let me know what I have to do in detail, step by step.

David

explorer446, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Very odd problem wth Update version 1903

1. Very odd problem wth Update version 1903 - Similar Threads - Very odd problem

2. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  3. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  4. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HDR is very odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR is very odd: Im using a LG ultragear 1440p HDR monitor and when I enable HDR the screen is more yellow (even whites) and the brightness adjusts automatically based off whats on the screen. I had hulu open on half my monitor and it was full black and I minimized it and everything else got...
  6. Something very odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something very odd.: I went on my computer and turned on Task Manager and found a process going by "WaasMedic Agent Exe" i don't remember downloading anything yesterday. Is this something bad?[IMG]...
  7. Windows 10 Version 1903 - Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 1903 - Update Problems: Hello there. I am having a lot of different issues trying to install the latest version of Windows 10, 1903. When it was released around one month ago, I tried to update using the Windows 10 Update Assistant that I downloaded from the Microsoft Website. I however received an...
  8. Problems with version 1903

Problems with version 1903: After having installed the 1903 version, I had so many problems that I had to choose to return to 1809. - Distorted welcome screen - Every time I shut down the laptop, it would not boot. The solution was to cause error and enter safe mode. After that, I could go into normal...
  9. Very odd Printing problem in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very odd Printing problem in windows 10: So, this problem is a strange one indeed; I work for a company and we have a laser printer hooked up to a windows 10 machine in on of our warehouses via usb a to b, it's a brother HL-L2320D. When anyone (user or administrator) tries to print a document, the document shows...
  10. Very Odd Clean Install Problem

Very Odd Clean Install Problem: Hello - I've been banging my head off the wall trying to work this one out for days.... I have a machine which is base OS Windows 7 Home Premium x64 so I invoked the Upgrade and it activated with Windows 10 absolutely fine. (I used the keep files and apps option). I then...