Windows 10: Very odd taskbar behavior going on.

Discus and support Very odd taskbar behavior going on. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since turning on my computer today I cannot right click icons on my taskbar and it is always on top of every program3 even in fullscreen. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CoryCrawford1, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Very odd taskbar behavior going on.

Since turning on my computer today I cannot right click icons on my taskbar and it is always on top of every program3 even in fullscreen. I've tried sfc /scannow in command prompt and that returned no integrity violations. I really am at a loss as to what to do next. Never seen this issue before. Thanks.

:)

CoryCrawford1, Oct 2, 2020
  2. borate Win User

OPEN odd behavior for a single program

borate, Oct 2, 2020
  3. GARoss Win User
    Odd internet behavior

Thanks Ken. I think I understood what you wanted me to try but got no better results. I've attached screen grabs of those.

I don't recall having this issue until my internet service changed the modem to better our speed. Believe me, we welcome 25mbs service! My wife's MAC does not do this. My PC is a relativity new built so maybe an update has effected it.

The Internet icon in the TaskBar has an red X for about 30 seconds when boot to desktop & also each time the PC shuts down after non usage.

Very odd taskbar behavior going on. [​IMG]

GARoss, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Very odd taskbar behavior going on.

Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Very odd taskbar behavior going on.

1. Very odd taskbar behavior going on. - Similar Threads - Very odd taskbar

2. Odd Windows 10 behaviors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd Windows 10 behaviors: Hello, Recently about 1 to 2 weeks my windows 10 has been acting weird : At start up, taskbar apps take a while to appear about 2-3 minutes, once appeared, apps that should start at startup begin to launchService Host : DCOM Server Process Launcher uses between 20-30% CPU and...
  3. Odd Windows 10 behaviors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd Windows 10 behaviors: Hello, Recently about 1 to 2 weeks my windows 10 has been acting weird : At start up, taskbar apps take a while to appear about 2-3 minutes, once appeared, apps that should start at startup begin to launchService Host : DCOM Server Process Launcher uses between 20-30% CPU and...
  4. Odd Windows 10 behaviors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Something very odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something very odd.: I went on my computer and turned on Task Manager and found a process going by "WaasMedic Agent Exe" i don't remember downloading anything yesterday. Is this something bad?[IMG]...
  6. Odd behavior for desktop taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd behavior for desktop taskbar buttons: I think I posted about this before with no solution, but I discovered another element that I hope will be familiar to someone or lead to an answer. This only affects desktop taskbar buttons to file explorer folders, not buttons to programs or browsers. I will click on a...
  7. Odd login behavior

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd login behavior: I'm working on a customer's computer and encountered something I've never seen before. Recently she upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When she goes to type her login password the login executes when she hits the last keystroke of the password. She doesn't have to...
  8. Odd hard drive behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd hard drive behavior: Two days ago I defraged my primary hard drive before I went to bed. When I woke up the next day my laptop was on a black screen so I held the power button until it shut down. When I tried to boot it up I got a message saying no hard drive was found. After a while of searching...
  9. Odd internet behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd internet behavior: We recently had an upgrade to our DSL service from 3mbs to 25mbs which required the modem to be exchanged for a new one. Before the upgrade the internet was working as soon as the PC booted to the desktop. But now, once booted to desktop, it takes another 30 seconds before...
  10. Odd hard drive behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd hard drive behavior: I have one month old 1tb hybrid hard drive and yesterday I was experiencing issues with it. It started to run slower than usual. Games wouldn't load as quickly and when I first booted into windows the desktop icons appeared as blank pieces of paper. Then when I opened...