Windows 10: Very old Hotmail account

Discus and support Very old Hotmail account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I created a @HOTmail.com account back in 2004. Then around 2007 (don't remember the exact year) I created an @Outlook.com account. I created it not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jaguwaar20, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Very old Hotmail account

I created a @HOTmail.com account back in 2004. Then around 2007 (don't remember the exact year) I created an @Outlook.com account.
    I created it not because I wanted to create an @Outlook account, but the news spin back in that day coming from non-MS sources were saying you need to prepare ahead for the fate of Hotmail.

Approx around this 3 year period, MS emailed me (yes it was really Microsoft ) asking me if I wanted to set up another email address associated with a Hotmail account. I remember Microsoft provided the instructions and even the user name that I had to use. I remember the process was somewhat lengthy but I don't remember for certain if they ever used the term "alias" back in that day.

Two data breaches occurred with the original hotmail email address. This is one with the user name I created when I originally set up a hotmail account in 2004.

No data breaches have occurred with the other hotmail email address.

Could it be possible these are two hotmail accounts?
    If they could be, what's a way to tell?
    I like to be able to tell because if they're two accounts, I'd consider deleting the one hotmail account that was breached

:)

Jaguwaar20, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Polarman Win User

Hotmail accounts posted online

Thousands of Hotmail passwords have been hacked and posted online, according to reports.

See this arcticle for more details:

BBC NEWS | Technology | Phishing attack targets Hotmail

I suggest that you change your password if you use any "Live" accounts.

Polarman, Mar 22, 2021
  3. rpsgc Win User
    rpsgc, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Krazy Owl Win User

Very old Hotmail account

Deleting hotmail accounts?

Hi ! Is there any way even tricky to fully delete older hotmail accounts?

Krazy Owl, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Very old Hotmail account

1. Very old Hotmail account - Similar Threads - Very old Hotmail

2. Trying to recover old hotmail account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to recover old hotmail account: i used to have a hotmail account when i was younger which i am trying to recover, it has some sentimantal photos in there that i would really like to get a hold of.When i try to recover it though i get sent the form to fill which i am able to answer D.O.B, Secret question,...
  3. Trying to recover old hotmail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to recover old hotmail account: i used to have a hotmail account when i was younger which i am trying to recover, it has some sentimantal photos in there that i would really like to get a hold of.When i try to recover it though i get sent the form to fill which i am able to answer D.O.B, Secret question,...
  4. Trying to recover old hotmail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to delete an old and now locked hotmail account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete an old and now locked hotmail account?: I want to close an old hotmail account that is currently locked. Since I don't use nor have access to the account anymore, I would like to know how to get it completely removed....
  6. How to delete an old and now locked hotmail account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete an old and now locked hotmail account?: I want to close an old hotmail account that is currently locked. Since I don't use nor have access to the account anymore, I would like to know how to get it completely removed....
  7. Can't gain access to old hotmail account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't gain access to old hotmail account: So I've been really frustrated.Got logged out of my hotmail account I've had forever, the recovery email address no longer works, and the phone number associated with it is defunct too.I can't get in contact with support and I'm willing to let that account die, but it's...
  8. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotmail account: I am getting termination notice addressed to user@hotmail. Due to no upgrade? Scam or not. By tapping a blue bar. No microsoft logo. Please inform as it says final notice to termination...
  9. Find it very difficult to use my hotmail account

in Browsers and Email
    Find it very difficult to use my hotmail account: Sorry for this problem and time taken by forum. I am 89 and in a care home. Find it very difficult to use my hotmail account which I have completely messed up. Cannot get head around changing password etc. Using the various "helps" is proving too difficult. Can I someone...
  10. OLD Hotmail address.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OLD Hotmail address.: Hi - I have an Old Hotmail e-mail address. I want to permanently DELETE that e-mail address and solely use my New Outlook address. Can you advise what to do..? In advance Tks David...