Windows 10: Very poor internet speed after last win 10 update

Discus and support Very poor internet speed after last win 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, as title sais - after the last update I have to do a network reset to get my connection speed to normal. I am on a 1 GBps fiber optic and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gadden01, Sep 28, 2019.

1. gadden01 Win User

Very poor internet speed after last win 10 update

Hello,

as title sais - after the last update I have to do a network reset to get my connection speed to normal. I am on a 1 GBps fiber optic and constantly getting 5mbps after the last update. Yes drivers are up-to-date, yes I've spoken to my provider etcetc. Please do share how to fix this stupid problem. I have a second PC which is not running the latest update and have no problems with it. This happens only to the one with the update.

BR

:)

gadden01, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Franke19d Win User

Win 10 - Very slow internet connection speed! ****SEE UPDATE AT END OF POST****

I have just installed Win 10 as an upgrade from Win 7. The upgrade process appeared to go well, with no issues at all. When I started using Win 10, however, my internet connection seemed very slow. I have a 50 Mbps internet connection, and an ASUS high
    speed dual band router. I regularly measured an actual 57 Mbps download speed using Speedtest.net under Win 7. I had the same performance using both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox under Win 7. Under Win 10 I am getting between 4 and 10 Mbps with
    either browser. My upload speed has gone from 11.5 Mbps to 3.5 Mbps. My other computers are still getting 57 Mbps downloads so I know the router and the internet connection are working as usual. Has anyone else run into this? Any suggestions?

Note: I did try the new Edge browser with the same (slow) result as the others.

****** UPDATE ******

8/1/2015

Hi All..... Thanks for all the suggestions! I just updated my anti-virus software (AVG Free) to the latest version, and also updated the firmware in my router (ASUS RT-AC66U). I'm not sure which one helped, but my connection speed is now up to 45 to 50
    Mbps vs. the 4 to 10 Mbps I was getting after the Win 10 install. I'd be inclined to think the router update made the difference, except that all my other computers were still getting 57 Mbps when the Win 10 machine was getting 4 to 10. The only other change
    I made was the AVG upgrade, and I had that installed on all my other systems too. My system is still not quite as fast as it was with Win 7, but it is livable at this point. Hope this gives some of you some ideas......

Franke19d, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Very poor internet speed after last win 10 update

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Very poor internet speed after last win 10 update

1. Very poor internet speed after last win 10 update - Similar Threads - Very poor internet

2. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection sharing poor speed: Hi guys!!so I have a PC that streams my VR games through a router so that I can play downstairs on my headset cord free. That router is independent and is solely used for the VR headset.I want this router to have access to my PC's the internet connection there is no way to...
  3. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection sharing poor speed: Hi guys!!so I have a PC that streams my VR games through a router so that I can play downstairs on my headset cord free. That router is independent and is solely used for the VR headset.I want this router to have access to my PC's the internet connection there is no way to...
  4. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Poor Performance/Stuttering After Last Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Performance/Stuttering After Last Update: Hello guys, after windows 10 update i have some issues and i want to know if someone else experience those issues. So i install the update and my pc was stuttering even in browser and ofc in games. Stutters every like seconds, i scroll down on browser and stutters happen....
  6. Poor Performance/Stuttering After Last Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor Performance/Stuttering After Last Update: Hello guys, after windows 10 update i have some issues and i want to know if someone else experience those issues. So i install the update and my pc was stuttering even in browser and ofc in games. Stutters every like seconds, i scroll down on browser and stutters happen....
  7. Poor Performance/Stuttering After Last Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. After windows update internet speed is very slow

After windows update internet speed is very slow: Hi Team, Recently i have updated Windows 10 ( Auto-update), after that iam experiencing slowness in my internet connection, The internet speed on laptop is not even touching more than 10 Mbps And from my mobile handset it goes upto 30 Mbps. My laptop network adapter...
  9. Loosing wireless connection and speed very low after last update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loosing wireless connection and speed very low after last update.: After last update, my wireless internet connection became intermittent and my download speed went from 25-30 MB to 1 MB and less. I have tried Windows Troubleshooter, installing latest driver, updating driver, etc. nothing helps except plugging in an external USB wireless...
  10. Slow/Unstable Internet Speeds after Win 10 Update

Slow/Unstable Internet Speeds after Win 10 Update: My interent on my custom desktop, as far as I can remember, has functioned fine for a long time now. However, after upgrading to windows 10 and having it around for a while, I noticed a sharp decrease in internet speed. I've tried multiple solutions, but nothing seems to have...