Windows 10: Very poor Microsoft support Fax & Scan - An error occurred. Please try the operation later...

Discus and support Very poor Microsoft support Fax & Scan - An error occurred. Please try the operation later... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having an issue with Windows Fax options where you can save as "PDF". I get this error message when I try to save the "More options". Fax & Scan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by InamulD, Feb 12, 2019.

1. InamulD Win User

Very poor Microsoft support Fax & Scan - An error occurred. Please try the operation later...

I am having an issue with Windows Fax options where you can save as "PDF". I get this error message when I try to save the "More options".

Fax & Scan - An error occurred. Please try the operation later or contact your administrator

I have tried everything including un-installing, services fix, etc. I called Microsoft support first time and the girl was telling me that it's not part of Windows so I have to pay for it. While I was on the phone she hung up. I called again and the person passed the call to tech support who tried fix from this forum that includes uninstalling and reinstalling it, etc. but it did not work. We still could not save that option to save a copy to another folder. Then he had no idea what to do so he puts me on hold and just hangs up.

The ticket # was 1 4 6 1 0 7 1 4 3 5

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

:)

InamulD, Feb 12, 2019

2. Cannot play any videos. Says , an error occurred try again later. does not help

Hi Carl,

An error occurred. Please try again later error message often occurs when trying to watch videos over a network connection or an online video. Problem like this is usually due to an unstable
    ISP (Internet Service Provider) connection. For us to clarify your concern, we would like to ask these questions:

• Are you trying to watch a video through the web? If yes, please provide an specific website where you are trying to watch the video.
    • Which browser are you using?
    • Did you notice any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are using the Internet Explorer, we suggest that you reset its settings by following the steps given under
    Reset Internet Explorer settings section of this
    article

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 12, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Nate W.H. Win User

Very poor Microsoft support Fax & Scan - An error occurred. Please try the operation later...

Can't check for updates right now. Please try again later. A serious error has occurred. Please reinstall the software. 80040154

Hi JsQuick,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I have a few suggestions on steps you can try for updating your phone. I would first suggest trying to perform the update on another computer. If you don't have another computer to try, a new user profile
    on your current PC may do the trick. The instructions for creating a new user profile can be found at

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

We also have a support page located at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484
    which covers the most common issues received when trying to perform a phone update. While your error code 80040154 isn't specifically listed with any of the other error codes on the page, there is still some useful
    information at the very end for other steps to try if the error code isn't listed. For your convenience I'll post this portion of the page below:

Error not listed here or phone still not working

If you receive an error that is not listed here, try to update your phone again later after restarting it and then reconnecting it to your computer by using the USB cable that was included with the phone. Do not use a USB hub.

If your Windows Phone still does not respond or operate as expected, a restart, reset and restore, or roll back of your Windows Phone 7 might help. See the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article to learn more:

2606900 Your Windows Phone 7 doesn't work or respond as expected

Please let us know how everything turns out after trying these suggestions.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Very poor Microsoft support Fax & Scan - An error occurred. Please try the operation later... - Similar Threads - Very poor Microsoft

2. Need help with Windows Fax and Scan please

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with Windows Fax and Scan please: Just installed a new SSD. Previously used Vuescan, but despite having the 'pay once, use forever' version of Vuescan, every time I need to reinstall it or have a problem with it, it starts to put a watermark on everything I scan. I am getting fed up of having to email and...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan error: My environment is using a hosted share fax on a fax server. Some users are encountering the below error "This fax cannot be sent at this time. Please launch the Compose Form from Windows Fax and Scan and click on New Fax to attach this document to send it out as fax." This...
  4. Microsoft Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Fax and Scan: I've used Fax and Scan for a long time, but now I send out a ton of faxes. Is there a way to tag a name with the numbers in Fax and Scan so I can know what numbers are whose when I'm trying to look things up. It's a pain in the neck with just the numbers, and it would be...
  5. ''An error occurred, please try again later''

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ''An error occurred, please try again later'': well i'm trying to connect with my microsoft store account but an error occurs, and the following message appears, '' An error occurred, please try again later '', I would like to know how to proceed in order to be able to login with my account. detail, other accounts are...
  6. Microsoft Fax and Scan

Microsoft Fax and Scan: I purchased a new computer. I installed a new fax/modem. The fax originally worked but now it stopped working because when the fax starts, it is using a 1 in front of the phone number which is not allowed when dialing locally. The faxes are using the contacts from outlook...
  7. Microsoft Provides Very Poor Support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Provides Very Poor Support: A few days ago, I called to report that my computer was no longer going to Sleep Mode seemingly after the last Windows update and two intermittent problems that were reported to a 3rd level Windows Support person before but not resolved. I was told that I need to make sure my...
  8. Fax and Scan not working for fax

Fax and Scan not working for fax: I have a Zoom V.92 56K USB Mini External Fax Modem Model 3095, connected to a Dell workstation USB port, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Xfinity Internet phone service. When I first got the modem a month or so ago it worked fine. Today it errors out with an "unexpected error" and...
  9. Can't change security settings: An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change security settings: An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.: Aight so i can't switch my security settings so i can't play with my friends cause everytime i try to change it so i can play with em it says: An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Thanks....
  10. Microsoft fax and scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft fax and scan: I have scanned the document and that works ok, but when I put in the address of where I want to send it, there is no send button. I have tried everything, but did get to a place where it is asking me my server name and port number??? i have wasted hours on this. Can anyone...