Windows 10: Very Simple and cheap DATA backup method (not NOT DISK Imaging)

Discus and support Very Simple and cheap DATA backup method (not NOT DISK Imaging) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks If you have some type of Linux based Network File server it's 100% easy to back up your data regularly on it via a great standard program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Sep 16, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Very Simple and cheap DATA backup method (not NOT DISK Imaging)

Hi folks

If you have some type of Linux based Network File server it's 100% easy to back up your data regularly on it via a great standard program rsync. The command line interface is a bit complex if you aren't used to a CLI but there's a superb GUI version Grsync (downloadable and Free-- might even be standard in your Linux distro system).

What this does is basically upload files / directories on "A" and not in "B". as well as upload files from "A" which are newer than "B" - optionally replace the older version etc. Loads of options but those are usually the one's most useful. BTW B and A can be reversed too so you can retrieve data as well from the server if needed.

For Windows clients - e.g laptops etc.

Ensure that SAMBA is running on the SERVER system and on the WINDOWS system the HDD('s) you want to back up data FROM are shared.

Logon to your server and run grsync.

You should see something like this : ensure though ist line has a '/' after the source file / directory.

Very Simple and cheap DATA backup method (not NOT DISK Imaging) [​IMG]

Example here - I downloaded some music from BBC R3 on to an external HDD. Rather than remember which files I downloaded I just let the GRSYNC program add the new stuff to the target HDD (/mnt/DV2).

This makes simple data backup a real doddle and especially useful if moving data around between HDD's / external USB's etc etc.

Of course you should still IMAGE your OS HDD regularly. This post is only concerned with DATA backup which you should still do regularly - especially if you have music / video / office business files etc. You don't of course need to backup say 3TB of data every time - this just backs up what you've changed etc.

cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 16, 2017

2. I Am Unable to Safely Remove My USB External Hard Drive

Backup the data from the external USB drive and format it.

This is simple method for you.

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, Sep 16, 2017
  3. System Image Backup on Windows 10

Thanks, but I found the Backup method very very slow so looking for different system

JohnClarkZV, Sep 16, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

I've been meaning to get to know rsync but for file backups on Windows I use Uranium-Backup, which is fast and free.

swarfega, Sep 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Very Simple and cheap DATA backup method (not NOT DISK Imaging) - Similar Threads - Very Simple cheap

2. Easy, free or cheap Backup Suggestions 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy, free or cheap Backup Suggestions 2023: Your files should always be backed up because a hard drive can die at any time without notice. Don't be one of the many I've seen who are crushed by the loss of irreplaceable family pictures or valuable documents! Some suggestions are here based on helping for 14 years in...
  3. Here's a method to backup windows 10 files with a system image and no need for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Here's a method to backup windows 10 files with a system image and no need for...: This is SO fast that there is no need to go outside of Windows 10 built-in backup utility "sdclt" from Run prompt.You WON'T NEED incrementals. You can back everything up full and trash the previous backups. It's THAT FAST.Quite simple;Get a 12Gbps SAS-capable storage...
  4. Here's a method to backup windows 10 with a system image and no need for incremental...

Here's a method to backup windows 10 with a system image and no need for incremental...: This is SO fast that there is no need to go outside of Windows 10 built-in backup utility "sdclt" from Run prompt.You WON'T NEED incrementals. You can back everything up full and trash the previous backups. It's THAT FAST.Quite simple;Get a 12Gbps SAS-capable storage...
  5. A simple thing of creating an disk image to a 64gb SD card.

A simple thing of creating an disk image to a 64gb SD card.: I have Windows 10 I'm on a PC I want to create a simple disk image. I have, the largest I have, is a 64gb MicroSD. Placed in a SD card adapter. I have plugged this into the card reader on the PC and when I click on Create a Disk Image it does not find that as a SD as a...
  6. Which is the best method to create a windows image backup?????

Which is the best method to create a windows image backup?????: I have windows 10 PC. I wish to create a windows image backup for my PC. Which is the best method of creating a windows image backup???????...
  7. simple backup program

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    simple backup program: I have Win 10 and my system on an SDD. I also several partitions where I store user created data--photos, etc.. I am looking for a simple to use backup program (preferably free) that will let me back up the system and all the relevant files (registry etc.) as well as back up...
  8. My system image backup also includes the data disk

My system image backup also includes the data disk: I have just made a system image backup and realize that both my static disk c: which contains the system and the large capacity disk which contains the data have been saved. This means that I will restore all my data, if I have an update problem and I will loose everything...
  9. System Image Backup very slow

System Image Backup very slow: Hi W10 backup tool very slow my c : disk size is about 380 Gigas I began the backup 24 hours ago and the backup is only at 35 % ! ((380*1000*34/100)/(24*3600))=1.5 MegaByte/seconde !! a bit slow [ATTACH]...
  10. Is it EaseUS Todo Backup that simple?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is it EaseUS Todo Backup that simple?: I was trying out this backup system, and to my surprise, both disk/partition backup and system backup have finished fairly soon. Also, I was expecting a shutdown for a full system partition backup, but both were done online while I was working on other stuff. Is it really...