Windows 10: Very slow boot time

Discus and support Very slow boot time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a sony vaio 500hdd 4gb ram i5 processor ,my problem is it takes for ever to start up ,when i start the laptop the windows logo comes up then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by eddye, Sep 6, 2019.

1. eddye Win User

Very slow boot time

I have a sony vaio 500hdd 4gb ram i5 processor ,my problem is it takes for ever to start up ,when i start the laptop the windows logo comes up then takes ages to get to the please wait screen then takes ages again to get to the user welcome screen then i wait ages for the main screen to appear .I only have a few startup programs .please help

:)

eddye, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Sep 6, 2019
  3. GLD
    GLD Win User
    Boot Times WTF

Excuse me if I suggest something already mentioned in the thread. I was having real slow boot times with my system. I unchecked NCQ for my hdd(s) in the device manager and it solved my problem.

Also, your ide primary/secondary, master slave settings correct?

4. Very slow boot time

Windows 10 incredibly slow boot times.

Hi Kalpana,

I tried both suggestions and I'm still experiencing slow boot times.

Nearly 7 mins now, I will try the performance toolkit.

Thank you.

KITCHELL_Z, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Very slow boot time

1. Very slow boot time - Similar Threads - Very slow boot

2. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  3. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  4. Boot is very slow

Boot is very slow: Hi I have a problem with my PC. I've recently updated my windows using windows settings.Everything is fine but my PC boots very slow after updating. I disabled apps with high impact in startup settings and I also reset my PC but nothing changed. I changed the boot...
  5. Boot Time very slow on Windows 10

Boot Time very slow on Windows 10: Hello, I noticed yesterday that my boot time both on restarts and fresh boots had suddenly gotten a lot slower on my Dell laptop. It was previously 45 seconds or so, but is now 7-8 minutes. I've tried most of the possible fixes I've seen online: disabling/enabling fast...
  6. Very slow boot time

in Windows 10 Support
    Very slow boot time: I have a sony vaio 500hdd 4gb ram i5 processor ,my problem is it takes for ever to start up ,when i start the laptop the windows logo comes up then takes ages to get to the please wait screen then takes ages again to get to the user welcome screen then i wait ages for the...
  7. Very Slow to Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very Slow to Boot: Hi, since the latest upgrade to Windows 10 1803, my computer is taking approximately four to five times longer to boot, than before. Is this normal? 110711
  8. Very slow boot time - 100% disk active time

Very slow boot time - 100% disk active time: Hi ! I purchased a new laptop a couple days ago (ASUS ZenBook UX410UAK – specs in screenshot) and straight from the first day I noticed it was way too slow, especially on boot. [img] [img] I managed to pinpoint down the problem to the HDD (ST1000LM035-1RK172). The...
  9. Boot time very slow with SSD

Boot time very slow with SSD: I have Windows 10 with the latest updates, my hardware is: i5-6600k running at 4.4GHZ and 1.3v Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 8GB RAM Z170-HD3 RX 480 4GB I'm on windows 10 1703 My boot time has recently been extremely slow (almost 2 minutes) Interestingly Windows boot...
  10. Very Slow Boot

Very Slow Boot: Until yesterday (New Updates) i have Very Slow Boot and Installed Applications needs so much time to opens. I have Intel Core i5 4670K, SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB and 8 GB RAM. Yesterday Computer works normally until today. 9131