Windows 10: Very slow boot up

Discus and support Very slow boot up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For a couple of months now my computer has been booting up very slowly, and by this i mean 2 to 5 min. I have spent much of the time since this started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Michael_B_ 18, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Very slow boot up

For a couple of months now my computer has been booting up very slowly, and by this i mean 2 to 5 min. I have spent much of the time since this started researching what is causing it. I cant seem to find anyone else who has the same problem as most people crash where as i will boot eventually. I have a an intel i7-8700k, 32 GB of DDDR4 3000Mhz ram and windows is installed on an SSD. I have tried sending the computer into troubleshoot mode by shutting it off three times while booting but it says it can not automatically repair and gives me a message about the SrtTrail.txt file. I have looked into the problem surrounding this issue but i get "access denied" when using the command prompt "bootrec /fixboot". After trying to gain access to this command none of the fixes worked for this. Once again most people who have the StrTrail error have it cause a crash where as mine will boot and only gives me this error when trying to auto repair. I have also tried booting from a bootable thumb drive and auto repaired that way but that has also failed. I have reinstalled windows but kept my files on the drive. I know my last step will be to wipe the drive and start from scratch but i was trying to avoid this hoping it was either a damaged file i could repair or a setting. I have checked my BIOS and i have fast boot enabled. I have also scanned my computer with anti virus software as well as Ad-Aware and there have been no issues. Thank you for any help offered.

:)

Michael_B_ 18, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jan 7, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 7, 2019
  4. ac1113 Win User

Very slow boot up

Another Windows 10 slow boot up question

To Stefano

After completing the first set of steps you suggested, my boot time has now gone to 20min. Very slow boot up :( I am trying to get to scandisk to see if it is a disk error, but i have defragged it previously.

To Kapil,

I managed to get it to the command prompt selection, but then it just skips the request and goes in to boot mode. Do I have to run sysconfig in troubleshooting mode or can I just run it as an admin once it boots?

To Peter,

I tried everything you suggested. The slow boot up is after my reset of win10.

ac1113, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Very slow boot up

1. Very slow boot up - Similar Threads - Very slow boot

2. Very slow Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow Win 10 boot up: I am runing Win 10, my PC is 6 yrs old, but now it takes 4 minutes to boot up before I get my log in screen. Does anyone know how I can speed up this process, other than buying a new PC....
  3. Very slow Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow Win 10 boot up: I am runing Win 10, my PC is 6 yrs old, but now it takes 4 minutes to boot up before I get my log in screen. Does anyone know how I can speed up this process, other than buying a new PC....
  4. Very slow Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Booting is very slow

Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  6. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  7. Very slow boot up

Very slow boot up: Hello, I recently updated my windows 10 to its latest version, but after I updated it, my pc began to boot up so very slow. It would take up to less than an hour or 30 mins. I already tried doing what I had read in this article...
  8. Boot is very slow

Boot is very slow: Hi I have a problem with my PC. I've recently updated my windows using windows settings.Everything is fine but my PC boots very slow after updating. I disabled apps with high impact in startup settings and I also reset my PC but nothing changed. I changed the boot...
  9. Very Slow to Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very Slow to Boot: Hi, since the latest upgrade to Windows 10 1803, my computer is taking approximately four to five times longer to boot, than before. Is this normal? 110711
  10. Very Slow Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very Slow Boot: Until yesterday (New Updates) i have Very Slow Boot and Installed Applications needs so much time to opens. I have Intel Core i5 4670K, SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB and 8 GB RAM. Yesterday Computer works normally until today. 9131