Windows 10: Very slow (hours) to boot on clean install

Discus and support Very slow (hours) to boot on clean install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I have been having this problem even before I managed to install Windows 10. Initially I downloaded using Windows Media Creation Tool a copy of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mla34., Sep 12, 2019.

1. mla34. Win User

Very slow (hours) to boot on clean install

Hello

I have been having this problem even before I managed to install Windows 10. Initially I downloaded using Windows Media Creation Tool a copy of Windows 10 onto a USB, and booting from this was taking 15 minutes+ regularly. I'm not quite sure how but after formatting my drives appropriately for Windows 10 the USB seemed to stop working, so I ended up buying an official Microsoft Windows 10 USB for installing it. I did a clean install and yet still then I am having ever longer boot times, so much so that now I am essentially unable to get into Windows 10 (I've left it booting for about 3 hours now until I gave up and am attempting to boot into Automatic Repair but this has still been going for 15 minutes).

I updated the BIOS of my motherboard when I was having the initial problems. My graphics card drivers are the latest available. I've followed the instructions from this page:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-10-slow-boot-issues/

I've also browsed countless similar questions on this website with no avail!

And yet I am still having the issue! My PC is one I made about 5 years ago with the following specs:

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor

ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Crucial M550 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Asus GeForce GTX 970 4 GB STRIX Video Card

Unfortunately Windows is installed on the WD drive rather than the SSD as the SSD didn't seem to format correctly to allow me to install it on that one.

Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

mla34., Sep 12, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Toothless Win User
    Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Very slow (hours) to boot on clean install

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Very slow (hours) to boot on clean install

1. Very slow (hours) to boot on clean install - Similar Threads - Very slow hours

2. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  3. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  4. Very slow boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very slow boot: Hello! My laptop needs 7 minutes to boot up and start. It also has an i5 so it should be faster, I tried almost everything to make it faster but it didn't work. What should I do to fix this issue. Thanks! submitted by /u/Comfortable-Push-379 [link] [comments]...
  5. very slow boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    very slow boot: Hello everyone.. I have a lenovo l340 with the following specs: i5 9300h, GTX 1650 4GB, 8GB single channel ram, 1TB HDD, winodws 10 pro 20h2. my problem is that whenever I try to shut it down or restart or boot it, it takes a very long time, sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes...
  6. Boot is very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot is very slow: Hi I have a problem with my PC. I've recently updated my windows using windows settings.Everything is fine but my PC boots very slow after updating. I disabled apps with high impact in startup settings and I also reset my PC but nothing changed. I changed the boot...
  7. Very Slow to Boot

Very Slow to Boot: Hi, since the latest upgrade to Windows 10 1803, my computer is taking approximately four to five times longer to boot, than before. Is this normal? 110711
  8. Very Slow Boot

Very Slow Boot: Until yesterday (New Updates) i have Very Slow Boot and Installed Applications needs so much time to opens. I have Intel Core i5 4670K, SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB and 8 GB RAM. Yesterday Computer works normally until today. 9131
  9. Very slow boot

Very slow boot: Please help me for this..I have problem with boot. Its very slow. Windows 8 open very fast. Now show me one black screen then welcome screen and then open..But its slow. Maybe its isue from BIOS boot settings ? 66245
  10. Very Slow Boot

Very Slow Boot: I do have Dell Inspiron 3542 laptop. I have dual booted my laptop with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15. My Windows 10 boots very very slow. First it shows me windows sign and loading screen then it goes "blank" for like 1 minute and then comes the login screen. After...