Windows 10: VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

Discus and support VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anybody solve this one? After upgrading to Ten, my Internet speed plunged from 18 MBPS down to barely over 1 MBPS. It's specific to Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveTheRave, Dec 11, 2015.

1. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

Can anybody solve this one?

After upgrading to Ten, my Internet speed plunged from 18 MBPS down to barely over 1 MBPS. It's specific to Windows 10, and here's I know: I reverted back to Windows 8.1 and my net speed returned to normal. A week later, I upgraded to Ten again and poof -- my internet speed plunged right back down to 1 MBPS again. There's more:

I have a CenturyLink modem hooked into a TP-Link router, and I also have a Linksys Range Extender. The CenturyLink modem puts out its own wireless signal, and if I connect to THAT, I get my full 18 MBPS net speed, and I get that WITH Windows 10. But when I click on the TP-Link router/Linksys range extender connection, I'm right back down to 1 MBPS again. Always.

This happens on my desktop Dell XPS 2720 running Windows Ten. I also have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 8.1, and when I connect to the TP-Link router with the laptop, I get full 18 MBPS net speed, at the exact same time that my PC is clicked on the SAME connection and getting 1 MBPS speed.

So it's not the modem, router or range extender. It's something that happened during the Windows Ten install. Windows Ten isn't getting along with my TP-Link router and/or Linksys Range Extender.

Here's what I've tried:
    -- Clicked to update my Adapter driver through Device Manager (it says I have the best one already)
    -- Downloaded and installed the newest Realtek Driver through Dell anyway, which says it's Windows 10 compatible.
    -- Unplugged and re-plugged my Range Extender to reset it.
    -- Chatted with Linksys Tech support. They say it has to be the adapter driver.
    -- Stopped all apps from running in the background.
    -- Stopped Microsoft from sharing my bandwidth.
    -- Unstalled BitDefender.
    -- Plus a few other fixes I found online that I can't recall just now.

It's maddening because it HAS to be a simple, quick fix. I just don't know what it is.

Yes, I could just connect to my CenturyLink modem signal and get full speed, but that signal is weak (which is why I got the Range Extender). I need that TP-Link connection for my full home network ... and 1 MBPS isn't going to fly.

:)

DaveTheRave, Dec 11, 2015

2. Downloading Windows 10 without the out internet using downloaded iso file online

Is it possible to download Windows 10 without the internet? Like desktop at home, I have a very very slow internet, and downloading Windows 10 online would take ages (especially that the electricity cut of so often hence the internet might also cut off)

may I download the driver at my office (where there is much faster internet connection) as iso file then download it on my USB port to plug it into my home computer where there is a very slow internet connection and download Windows 10 ? Or this might be
    a wrong sin ?

Therefore, after downloading windows 10 I may upgrade my reservation with my home slow internet connection.

Thank you in advance

RamiChehab, Dec 11, 2015
  3. what is C3-01 v7.5 changelog?

My mobile 's internet speed was very slow, after the upgrade its awesome,,,

vishnu4net, Dec 11, 2015
  4. musky Win User

VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

the op will not change your download speed .

musky, Dec 11, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Dec 11, 2015
  6. Yep. I downloaded and installed the newer Realtek driver, dated Oct. 2015. Sadly, it did not resolve the problem.

DaveTheRave, Dec 12, 2015
  7. To correct my reply to you, jds63, the new driver was indeed dated July 2015, Version 10.1 etc...

FYI, I ran a Windows diagnosis on my wireless connection, it found "a problem" with the network adapter and said it fixed the problem. But it did not solve the slow internet speed problem. So I ran it again, and it said it found a problem again, and it said it fixed the problem. Still no change in the slow internet.

I printed out the long test and diagnosis readout, which I can post if anybody is qualified to understand it all.

8. jds63 Win User

Meaning you are using Ethernet, not WiFi i saw also Intel WiFi there ? Since other systems work fine, resetting the modem will not help.

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  9. No, I am only using wireless. The only wired connection (Ethernet) is between the modem and the router.

10. jds63 Win User
    Then looks like need the network adapter driver for WiFi listed on Dell as i believe Realtek was for Ethernet.
    Using any Optimization Software ? Have you installed all the Windows updates that are available
    Spyware and viruses can cause problems.Security software may also cause issues.

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  12. All browsers. Your speed test gave me just 1.75 MBPS, about the same as the speed tests I run on CNET and others. I'm paying for 20 MBPS, usually get 18 MBPS.

When I switched to the CenturyLink modem connection, I got a fast 18.1 MBPS on your Ookla speed test, still using my Windows 10 PC.

So it doesn't seem to be the browser. My desktop browser is Firefox. My laptop has Firefox and Explorer, and I get 18 MBPS on both wireless connections on that laptop, which is running Windows 8.1.

13. jds63 Win User

Said you switched to modem connection, you meant ethernet not WiFi ?

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  14. torre Win User
    Many are having this issue with the latest build. It does not appear to be a driver or system issue, but a problem with the build. My ISP provided a new modem but still have slow wireless internet.

If anyone solves the problem, please post.

torre, Dec 12, 2015
  15. No Ethernet.

I have a modem and a router, each puts out a separate wireless signal. The router is my usual connection. That's the one that is now super-slow on Windows 10. I can click on the modem connection if needed, but it's a weaker signal.

But the router is ONLY super-slow on my Windows 10 machine. That very SAME signal is fast on my Windows 8.1 machine. So there's nothing wrong with the router. It has to be a Windows 10 upgrade issue, some sort of compatibility problem.

Thema:

1. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10 - Similar Threads - VERY Slow Internet

2. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  3. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  4. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet very slow

Internet very slow: My internet has been very slow but only on my laptop, i did the speedtest on my iphone and laptop and ping was 13 ms download was 12.87 mbps while on my iphone ping 25 ms and download 32 mbps. i deleted the network also rebooted my router and laptop still the same, my laptop...
  6. Very, very slow internet

Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  7. internet very slow

internet very slow: previous i use windows 7. i am jio wifi user. but after windows 10 internet is very slow? please give solution for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-very-slow/d62d84c4-b418-4796-999a-7d0c1b6d09c1
  8. Very slow internet after upgrade to 64bit

Very slow internet after upgrade to 64bit: Hi, I just upgraded from Win 10 32 to Win 10 64 bit and my internet connection is very slow, about 20/30 kb/s. It was a fresh install, deleted everything and reinstalled from scratch. I have looked on the forums and cant find a solution that works, I've checked the network...
  9. Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10

Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10: Hi hope somebody can help. Since upgrading to windows 10 my internet speed on my Packard Bell PC has dropped to almost nothing, less than 1mb. Before upgrade it was around 76mb. All my other laptops, tablets etc are getting good wifi speeds. When I use a ethernet connection...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow: I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on my W7 laptop. The install went well, no problems to report. Since then my broadband speed has suffered badly. I've just tested the speed - the download speed is 1.6mbps and upload speed 0.29mbps. It's not just my laptop suffering,...