Windows 10: VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

Discus and support VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yes, I've seen scores of posts on other sites about this problem. Some people report solving it with various tweaks, but none has worked for me yet. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveTheRave, Dec 11, 2015.

1. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

Yes, I've seen scores of posts on other sites about this problem. Some people report solving it with various tweaks, but none has worked for me yet. It does seem more common with Dell, but not exclusively.

DaveTheRave, Dec 12, 2015
  2. jds63 Win User

O.K. but you have updated the WiFi adapter to the latest one ? I thought the Intel was the WiFi on this All-in-One system,not Realtek.

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  3. The available Dell driver updates for the WiFi adapter gave me 2 choices, Killer or Realtek. I downloaded both. The Killer would not install because I don't have that hardware. The Realtek did install, and that's what's operating now. But it fixed nothing.

4. jds63 Win User

VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

Where are you looking this is all i see, unless i have wrong model

Dell Wireless 1703 WiFi + Bluetooth Driver View details 2720_Network_Driver_JJM89_WN32_10.0.0.318_A00.EXE | Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® (92 MB)
    Network |
    Release date 24 Jul 2015
    | Last Updated 31 Jul 2015
    | Recommended

Version 10.0.0.318,A00

This file will automatically self-install after downloading. Restart required

Download File
    Add to download list

Intel 7260 Bluetooth4.0 + HS Driver View details
    2720_Network_Application_2D4XD_WN32_17.1.1524.1353_A00.EXE | Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® (20 MB)
    Network |
    Release date 24 Jul 2015
    | Recommended

Version 17.1.1524.1353,A00

Download File
    Add to download list

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Driver View details
    2720_Network_Driver_65N75_WN32_18.11.0.8_A00.EXE | Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® (292 MB)
    Network |
    Release date 24 Jul 2015
    | Recommended

Version 18.11.0.8,A00

Download File
    Add to download list

Qualcomm Atheros Killer Wireless-N 1202 + Bluetooth Driver View details
    2720_Network_Driver_8TX56_WN32_10.0.0.318_A00.EXE | Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® (173 MB)
    Network |
    Release date 24 Jul 2015
    | Recommended

Version 10.0.0.318,A00

Download File
    Add to download list

Realtek RTL8111G Ethernet Controller Driver View details
    2720_Network_Driver_V46NG_WN32_10.1.505.2015_A00.EXE | Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® (28 MB)
    Network |
    Release date 24 Jul 2015
    | Last Updated 30 Jul 2015
    | Recommended

Version 10.1.505.2015,A00

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Need to know exact WiFi card in there. Check device manager uninstall older one, then put the new one in.

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  6. My device manager lists, under Network Adapters, a Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller. That has the new Realtek driver I just installed. Is the network adapter the same thing as a WiFi card?

7. jds63 Win User
    Truthfully i did not think so, some can be separate, if you go to the Device Manager under View select Show Hidden Devices, see any other devices listed pertaining to this or do you get any yellow exclamation points near anything ?
    Mean Realtek one says ethernet, why the others with WiFi only on Dell and if you have WiFi. This is only the first step to resolve.

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  8. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

Also, I just went to the Dell site, had it run its own automatic system check of any updates my PC needed, and it found three: System BIOS, Intel Chipset Driver and Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver. I installed all three. Again, no improvement in Net speed.

9. jds63 Win User
    When you upgrade to another OS, this is first thing you should do, but drivers like this are not going to affect or help that issue, but will help the system perform optimal.

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  10. Here's something I did not mention yet: After my Win 10 upgrade, 3 alerts popped up from the right-side message center. One said something about a Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth app or something that was not compatible with Windows 10, so it would not function. The other 2 alerts were for my Final Draft software that also is not compatible. I clicked on the Qualcomm Atheros item and probably accidentally deleted it, because it vanished and I can no longer access it. But I believe that MAY have something to do with wireless, yes?

11. jds63 Win User
    Bluetooth driver is something different, but said you tried this and it rejected it which includes WiFi Driver

Qualcomm Atheros Killer Wireless-N 1202 + Bluetooth Driver View details
    2720_Network_Driver_8TX56_WN32_10.0.0.318_A00.EXE | Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® (173 MB)
    Network |
    Release date 24 Jul 2015
    | Recommended

And your model number is listed 2720

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  12. groze Win User
    @DaveTheRave

You may have downloaded the wrong update drivers. Windows 10 is pretty smart at least for finding the correct or updated driver.

Stop automatic driver updates on Windows 10 | Windows 10 content from SuperSite for Windows

Now instead of blocking the drivers, choose yes, do this automatically if already selected just hit cancel. Open device manager up and now right click Realtek, click on update driver software, search automatically for update driver this could take about 30 minutes. If found install, and reboot. After reboot, Open device manager up and now right click on dell wireless*, click on update driver software, search automatically for update driver this could take about 30 minutes. If found install, and reboot. This should work.

dell wireless maybe listed as an unknown device until updated.

jds63

I always had trouble with using dell drivers. I use the windows update drivers for windows 10 they work better. Does DaveTheRave have a 64 bit or 32 bit system. That may depended on which driver he needs.

groze, Dec 12, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

Looks like here in your manual shows 2 adapters, if i am correct

VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10 [​IMG]

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  14. If I understand you correctly, Groze, you suggest I keep the automatic driver update option checked, which is the default position. I never changed that, so it still will automatically download manufacturers apps, etc. I have also gone into device manager to update my driver for the Realtek Adapter, and it says I already have the latest driver available.

BTW, I have a 64-bit system. And I too have had some issues with Dell drivers even before upgrading to Win 10.

15. Yes. I was assuming the Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller was my adapter (it's under "Network adapters" in Device Manager), but I do see two Bluetooth devices listed there. I will try to update their drivers right now. Thank you for your patience. My son's a software designer, but I'm not the tekkie he is.

Thema:

1. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10 - Similar Threads - VERY Slow Internet

2. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  3. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  4. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet very slow

Internet very slow: My internet has been very slow but only on my laptop, i did the speedtest on my iphone and laptop and ping was 13 ms download was 12.87 mbps while on my iphone ping 25 ms and download 32 mbps. i deleted the network also rebooted my router and laptop still the same, my laptop...
  6. Very, very slow internet

Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  7. internet very slow

internet very slow: previous i use windows 7. i am jio wifi user. but after windows 10 internet is very slow? please give solution for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-very-slow/d62d84c4-b418-4796-999a-7d0c1b6d09c1
  8. Very slow internet after upgrade to 64bit

Very slow internet after upgrade to 64bit: Hi, I just upgraded from Win 10 32 to Win 10 64 bit and my internet connection is very slow, about 20/30 kb/s. It was a fresh install, deleted everything and reinstalled from scratch. I have looked on the forums and cant find a solution that works, I've checked the network...
  9. Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10

Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10: Hi hope somebody can help. Since upgrading to windows 10 my internet speed on my Packard Bell PC has dropped to almost nothing, less than 1mb. Before upgrade it was around 76mb. All my other laptops, tablets etc are getting good wifi speeds. When I use a ethernet connection...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow: I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on my W7 laptop. The install went well, no problems to report. Since then my broadband speed has suffered badly. I've just tested the speed - the download speed is 1.6mbps and upload speed 0.29mbps. It's not just my laptop suffering,...