Windows 10: VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

Discus and support VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK, I went to Device Manager and clicked to update drivers on all four listings under "Network Adapters." All four came back saying I already have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveTheRave, Dec 11, 2015.

1. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

OK, I went to Device Manager and clicked to update drivers on all four listings under "Network Adapters." All four came back saying I already have the most updated driver available. Those listings are: Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz), Realteak PCle GBE Family Controller, Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) and Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI).

I will keep checking back for any more suggestions ya'll have. Appreciate your patience.

DaveTheRave, Dec 12, 2015

2. Yes, I have the Dell XPS 2720, and it would not allow installation of the Killer driver. Only the Realtek driver.

3. jds63 Win User
    Then i an assuming this is the correct one for you, check the driver version compared to the one in Device manager now by right clicking and select Properties of the device. Yeah, Dell is a pain just navigating there support page. No Dell here for me in years.

Dell Wireless 1703 WiFi + Bluetooth Driver View details 2720_Network_Driver_JJM89_WN32_10.0.0.318_A00.EXE | Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® (92 MB)
    Network |
    Release date 24 Jul 2015
    | Last Updated 31 Jul 2015
    | Recommended

Believe this is the version number 10.0.0.318

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

If all is correct, most likely your WiFi is misconfigured, would run troubleshoot then, try by first right clicking the icon in notification area and select it. Other configurations require going into wifi settings

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Other way to run troubleshoot is open Control Panel and in search type Troubleshoot. On the list select Find and Fix Problems, then Netwrok and Internet, then select Network Adapter click Next.

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  6. Yes, that's the drive I installed today, rebooted, still no improvement in Net speed.

7. jds63 Win User
    Try running what i said in post # 33

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  8. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

Yep, I just did that for the third time. Every time, the "Find and Fix Problems" function on Network Adapters says it "found and fixed problems" with adapter or access point. So that's good. But still, no improvement in net speed. And it CAN'T be an issue with the router, because I get full internet speed on that same router with my Windows 8.1 laptop. Only with Windows Ten do I have the problem.

9. jds63 Win User
    O.k. try this

Right click the Start button, select (admin) command prompt, copy and paste this into the open command prompt and press enter let it finish, then close the command prompt

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Reboot the PC, try internet.

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  10. linw Win User
  11. I am having the exact same problem as the person with Dell. The only difference is that I have a brand new HP Envy Computer that came with Windows 10. In addition, the first few months of owning the extender everything worked beautiful. My suspicion is that a recent Windows 10 update is not compatible with the extender.

I have followed all the exact same steps and also conclude that Windows 10.x and Linksys Extender RE6500 are not compatible. I have work to do and cannot go through this on a daily basis.

consgle123, Dec 12, 2015
  12. groze Win User
    If linw idea doesn't work. I do have other some other ideas.

You will need to uninstall any dell driver update programs from the computer, reboot if needed. They would be listed in the programs & features list.

You will need to hook your computer up using the Ethernet connector

Now download the dell wireless only driver from dell. Save it to install.
    Now remove both dell wireless & bluetooth drivers (Don't reboot if prompted) from device manager.
    Now install the dell wireless driver you downloaded & reboot.
    Let windows 10 install the bluetooth driver, it should do it automatically after reboot be might take up to 30 minutes.
    windows 10 may also update the wireless driver, that would be ok as well.

Now, if that fails, you can try Brink's tutorials listed below or do a roll back (Caution roll back may not successful and you could lose all data and have to do a clean install) to your previous operating system.

Caution-Doing some of the stuff below, you will not be able to roll back to your previous operating system unless you have a factory restore or a backup image of your previous operating system.

You may need your installation media. Again you will need to use your ethernet connection. Just to be on the safe side, the realtek Ethernet driver you downloaded, save it to flash drive. So, you can install it off-line if needed. Backup any data you want to save.

Refresh Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If that fails you may need to do a clean install of windows 10.

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

On dell systems windows 10 clean install does a couple of strange things.

After windows 10 is installed and your Ethernet connection is working. You may or may not need to install the Ethernet driver that I had you save. Give windows update about an hour to download all the needed drivers. It also, seems not to install those drivers but it does. The install failure list should disappear later. Choose Reboot now when requested. There should be no need to enter a key during the install. Just skip or choose do it later each time you get a key prompt. It will get activated once your Ethernet connection is working.

groze, Dec 12, 2015
  13. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

Hi jds63, I ran your command, it executed perfectly (except, if it matters, the final command, "reset ," (just a comma after the word reset), failed because "access is denied.") ... I rebooted, ran the speed test and still clocked out at 1.5 MBPS. So, alas, no fix.

I am connected to my CenturyLink modem which gives me full 18 MBPS, saving me from tearing out my hair, but I will continue to search for answers on how to get Windows 10 to connect to the TP-Link router connection at that same speed. In our two-story house, I need to be able to receive a fast router connection upstairs, and the CenturyLink modem signal won't reach up there.

14. groze Win User
    @DaveTheRave

Scrap, what I said above. We posted at the same time.

I think you need do to factory reset your CenturyLink modem. Those modem whether it is comcast or any other cable company they are picky on how many wifi connection you can have. This mean you will need to reset each device that uses the wifi connection. I mean restore the wifi connection not reinstall each of the devices.

groze, Dec 12, 2015
  15. You might be onto something, consgle. I have the Linksys RE 4100W range extender. I just upgraded to Win 10 a few days ago, so I probably got the same update you mention. Help me understand: My range extender is feeding off my TP-Link router, so when I click on the connection I have named TPLINK, is my signal actually coming from the range extender, relayed from the TPLink router? I am going to unplug the range extender and see if I get full speed directly from the router. I'll post the result.

Thema:

VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

1. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10 - Similar Threads - VERY Slow Internet

2. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  3. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  4. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet very slow

Internet very slow: My internet has been very slow but only on my laptop, i did the speedtest on my iphone and laptop and ping was 13 ms download was 12.87 mbps while on my iphone ping 25 ms and download 32 mbps. i deleted the network also rebooted my router and laptop still the same, my laptop...
  6. Very, very slow internet

Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  7. internet very slow

internet very slow: previous i use windows 7. i am jio wifi user. but after windows 10 internet is very slow? please give solution for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-very-slow/d62d84c4-b418-4796-999a-7d0c1b6d09c1
  8. Very slow internet after upgrade to 64bit

Very slow internet after upgrade to 64bit: Hi, I just upgraded from Win 10 32 to Win 10 64 bit and my internet connection is very slow, about 20/30 kb/s. It was a fresh install, deleted everything and reinstalled from scratch. I have looked on the forums and cant find a solution that works, I've checked the network...
  9. Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10

Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10: Hi hope somebody can help. Since upgrading to windows 10 my internet speed on my Packard Bell PC has dropped to almost nothing, less than 1mb. Before upgrade it was around 76mb. All my other laptops, tablets etc are getting good wifi speeds. When I use a ethernet connection...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow: I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on my W7 laptop. The install went well, no problems to report. Since then my broadband speed has suffered badly. I've just tested the speed - the download speed is 1.6mbps and upload speed 0.29mbps. It's not just my laptop suffering,...