Windows 10: Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved)

Discus and support Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Not Myself, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved)

For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet.

Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used: FIrefox, MS Edge (not the new one), Google Chrome.
    Examples:

1. NY Times, 21 seconds to connect, then articles downloaded immediately.
    2. Politico: At lease a minute to connect, but that only shows the site name at the top of the page; I gave up waiting.

Reboot did not fix the problem. I ran the appropriate troubleshooters located in the Control Panel. I found an Incoming Connection troubleshooter in Settings; after at least twenty minutes, it was still starting, apparently not doing anything.

The one speed test I ran reported 36+ MbPS, good enough for our 40 MbPS DSL line. I don't know how long it took to connect, as I got tired of waiting and went elsewhere.

Her computer uses a USB WiFi device, to get the router's 5G connection; I removed and replaced it, to no avail.

Tested NY Times and Politico on my computer; both connected nearly instantly.

I think that covers what I have done in trying to figure out what is causing the malady.

:)

Not Myself, Jul 17, 2020

2. Access to internet very slow with Win10

Hi Riccardo,

To address your concern, we suggest that you repair your network connection issues with Windows 10 by following the steps found on this

link

For further information why internet connection is slow, you can refer to this
    link

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jul 17, 2020
  3. NEZ
    nez Win User
    Internet running very slow

Hi, i am wireless, but did connect with wire and made no difference. Also ps3 is running fine so no probably with connection. Have listed current updates below. It says downloading, but they never seem to download

Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved) [​IMG]

Also have this from download history

This is the version details of windows

This maybe an old version. When my computer downloaded the anniversary update i recall it messed up my internet on that occasion, so i went back to the previous version

4. Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved)

WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved)

1. Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved) - Similar Threads - Very Slow Internet

2. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  3. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  4. Hardwired internet on desktop connects very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hardwired internet on desktop connects very slow: Hi all,My desktop uses Ethernet cable for internet as it has no wifi card. As of a month ago, the internet seemingly connected instantly when I would start up my computer allowing for the few startup programs I do run to open and run fine. However, the last month or so it has...
  5. Solved: Very Slow Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Solved: Very Slow Login: After hours of searching without finding a solution, I resolved the slow login 12 minutes.My solution was to delete the files in the user account under the "AppData\Temp" directory."C:\Users\"User Account Name"\AppData\Local\Temp\*.*"Login is back to seconds....
  6. Internet very slow

Internet very slow: My internet has been very slow but only on my laptop, i did the speedtest on my iphone and laptop and ping was 13 ms download was 12.87 mbps while on my iphone ping 25 ms and download 32 mbps. i deleted the network also rebooted my router and laptop still the same, my laptop...
  7. Very Slow Internet Connection

Very Slow Internet Connection: Hello Everyone, My internet connection in my PC is too slow, I can't even download 1MB file from the browser. I actually get the exact speed that my ISP offers in my other devices, but in this PC internet connection speed is always around 1.5mbps. It affects all the...
  8. Very Slow Internet Connections

in Windows 10 Support
    Very Slow Internet Connections: For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used: FIrefox, MS Edge (not the new one), Google Chrome. Examples: 1. NY Times, 21 seconds to connect, then articles downloaded...
  9. Very, very slow internet

Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  10. Internet connection very slow, speed normal.

Internet connection very slow, speed normal.: Running version 11099 6a bit Pro Firefox Avast premium Router Asus AC1900 Please note system specs are for another computer. Firefox is running at it's normal speed but when I try to connect to ANY website it seems to take forever to connect. My wife's laptop...