Windows 10: Very slow intranet file transfer on win10, fine on win7 (same machine)

Discus and support Very slow intranet file transfer on win10, fine on win7 (same machine) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, i have been searching all over the web on how to solve this, which is simply ridiculous, when transfering a file between two windows 7 pcs using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/italocjs, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Very slow intranet file transfer on win10, fine on win7 (same machine)

Hey, i have been searching all over the web on how to solve this, which is simply ridiculous, when transfering a file between two windows 7 pcs using LAN (i'm using exacly the same machine models, the X510UAR, running with dual boot) the transfer speed is around 10-12 mega bytes (writing bytes so there is no doubt), when running windows 10, i get around 400-500kbps. nothing on the hardware changed, same router, same network, exactly the same drivers. (btw, internet download speed is fine on both win7 and 10, around 10-12MB).

Anyone has any ideas? the only thing i saw online and didnt do was about large send offload, which my device doenst show, windows home original and updated.

submitted by /u/italocjs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/italocjs, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Klev Win User

Incredibly slow file transfer

I am having the same problem. I get excellent file transfer speeds on my windows 7 machines but not windows 10. If I transfer a file from my win7 desktop to my win10 desktop its super fast 100+ megabytes per second. If I transfer from my win10 to ANY other device on my network it goes incredibly slow.

This is transfering from win7 to win10.

Very slow intranet file transfer on win10, fine on win7 (same machine) [​IMG]

This is from win10 to win7.

Very slow intranet file transfer on win10, fine on win7 (same machine) [​IMG]

Why is it that my windows 10 desktops can receive files at top speeds but can't transfer out?

3. treyswild Win User
    Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed

Windows 10 Pro
    Build: 1709
    OS Build: 16299.309

I have three pc's on my home network. One had windows 10 from the factory the other two were Win 7 and 8.1 and all were experiencing 70-90MB/sec file transfer speeds. My internet was and still is 60MB/sec. After upgrading to windows 10 the file transfer speeds went to 5-8MB/sec. Internet speed is unaffected.

I have followed many forums and tried every suggestion and nothing has resolved this issue. The last big windows 10 update did slow down the native windows 10 machine from 70-90MB/sec to 50-60MB/sec. Also, the native Win 10 machine is connecting via wifi and others via ethernet (wired)
    Any new ideas? Yes, latest drivers. Yes, Large Offload is disabled and many other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

treyswild, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Very slow intranet file transfer on win10, fine on win7 (same machine)

Networking XP and Win7

I created a homegroup on the Win7 machine, setting up home Intranet. XP machine could see it and joined fine. I can see the Win7 machine from there, and can transfer files to and from.

Problem is, the XP machine does not appear on the Win7 machine. In fact, the Win7 machine says it does not even belong to a homegroup.... even though I created it there... and the other machine can see it.

Crazy, ya? How do I fix this?

Brian Vedder, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Very slow intranet file transfer on win10, fine on win7 (same machine)

1. Very slow intranet file transfer on win10, fine on win7 (same machine) - Similar Threads - Very slow intranet

2. file transfer now very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file transfer now very slow: File transfer now very slow even via the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-now-very-slow/06df8794-a638-4393-8dad-73583053aa49
  3. file transfer now very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file transfer now very slow: File transfer now very slow even via the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-now-very-slow/06df8794-a638-4393-8dad-73583053aa49
  4. file transfer now very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Pdf files from intranet opens very slow in windows 10 pro

Pdf files from intranet opens very slow in windows 10 pro: Hi, I have three computers in my home connected through LAN. Two of the computers run on windows 7 and 1 computer runs on windows 10. I have shared a folder from a windows 7 pc and mapped network drive on other two. Here is what the problem is... Pdf files in network drive...
  6. Very slow file transfer between win10 & 2019 - interesting work around

Very slow file transfer between win10 & 2019 - interesting work around: Hi All, We recently installed a Win2019 fileserver on vsphere Soon after wards we were getting reports of very slow files transfers on all the file shares. Most but not all PC's were affected, copying a 1GB file from share to desktop was bouncing between 0 and 3MB/s on...
  7. Data Transfer Win7 to Win10

Data Transfer Win7 to Win10: What options do I have for multiple PCs to transfer data from PC to PC? PC Mover is not an option for licensing multiple PCs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-transfer-win7-to-win10/4b17bd7b-981e-4e67-b11a-240ad288aff4"
  8. win10 unstable bsod win7 same machine never

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 unstable bsod win7 same machine never: i7 4930k 16 mem samsung pro xfx video (3 identical machines) machines year and half old win 7 never a problem, never a crash, never an event in event viewer win 10 over 7, perfect. until look under the sheets with all sorts of recurring errors that this forum has...
  9. win10 very slow

win10 very slow: hi anyone help with this problem please, my win10 acer laptop has suddenly become " very very slow " downloading anything.takes ages. i have done the following without any success, 1.emptied the recycling bin. 2.emptied cookies / cache ( using opera`, but have also tried...
  10. Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed

Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed: Windows 10 Pro Build: 1709 OS Build: 16299.309 I have three pc's on my home network. One had windows 10 from the factory the other two were Win 7 and 8.1 and all were experiencing 70-90MB/sec file transfer speeds. My internet was and still is 60MB/sec. After upgrading to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot