Windows 10: Very slow login after awhile

Discus and support Very slow login after awhile in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, since a clean install of windows 10 the login is very slow but that happens after awhile. When I create a new user and copy all my files to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ocelot, Nov 13, 2015.

1. ocelot Win User

Very slow login after awhile

Hi,

since a clean install of windows 10 the login is very slow but that happens after awhile.
    When I create a new user and copy all my files to that user everything is fine and fast but after awhile without installing anything or changing the system the login takes 40-50sec.....I dont have a pin or password.

Intel i7 5960x
    Gtx 980ti
    16gb ram

:)

ocelot, Nov 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 error 10016 from Run-time broker - cannot change permissions

The problem I run into is with step 8. I can click the edit button but can not click the add button. Isn't there an officlal fix from Microsoft on this yet? This problem seems to have been around for awhile. I believe it's contributing to slow login's.
    I often find it hard to get the login prompt to come up after the anniversary update. I have to wait awhile before I can login.

RobertScardapane, Nov 13, 2015
  3. Windows 10 slow computer performance: takes 20 min to get login

my laptop battery is no more working ..so due to energy cut off..my laptop turn off directly due to power cut off...& this happen 2-3 times ..after that my windows 10 get slow starting to logon & slow again after login...atleast it take 20-30 minutes...is
    there any solution to fix this.. i am trying to fix this problem with disk defragmentation..

Original title:windows 10 starting very slow after power on & very delay in opening logon screen & after login very slow start up.. overall take 20 minutes

CHANDRAJEET CHAUHAN, Nov 13, 2015
Thema:

Very slow login after awhile

1. Very slow login after awhile - Similar Threads - Very slow login

2. Very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  3. Solved: Very Slow Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Solved: Very Slow Login: After hours of searching without finding a solution, I resolved the slow login 12 minutes.My solution was to delete the files in the user account under the "AppData\Temp" directory."C:\Users\"User Account Name"\AppData\Local\Temp\*.*"Login is back to seconds....
  4. Windows is very slow after update

Windows is very slow after update: Greetings! Is there a recent announcement from MS that the latest update has a / some problem[s]? Apparently, there is and I seem to encounter it. My windows is very slow now after the upgrade. We have a fairly new laptop; about five months old. The CPU is Core...
  5. Hello Login Very Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hello Login Very Slow: I'm a good ol' country boy and I'm prone to ramble for a spell before I get to the point, but I like to set the context before jumpin' into the mud. So, if you have the patience, continue reading. I just built my first new PC from scratch (specs in profile) and installed...
  6. User Login very Slow after updates

User Login very Slow after updates: I'm experiencing very slow login on one of my user accounts. It's a recent issue, probably due to some update. I searched online for solutions, removed all startup programs and non-essential services, ran the "sfc /scannow" command, switched from a Microsoft account to a...
  7. Computer very slow after update

Computer very slow after update: My computer did a Windows update this morning, and now I can hardly use it because it is so slow! What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-very-slow-after-update/1cd14a97-b2be-49ec-974e-1f17cd306c3e
  8. Fresh Install, Programs; Don't start, freeze after awhile, or slow.

Fresh Install, Programs; Don't start, freeze after awhile, or slow.: Hi, can anyone help me! I just reinstalled windows 10 on my pc. I completely clean the drives in my system and installed windows from a USB. So far all I have done is installed steam ( which won't open most of the time or freezes after 2 mins.). Its seems like the programs...
  9. Trying to understand and resolve very slow account logins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Trying to understand and resolve very slow account logins: I am trying to figure out and resolve why several accounts on my Dell XPS Windows10 Home system take upwards of 5 minutes to login. This is a stand-alone system; there is no Domain. The Administrator account and two of the regular accounts require 5 minutes to pass - during...
  10. reboots after running for awhile

in Windows 10 Support
    reboots after running for awhile: Hi guys, i have a nephew who's computer W 10 pro will reboot for no reason & at no certain time. He has all updates, and is set to never sleep. Has also done a reinstall !! Event viewer log has a few logs, will post at the bottom of this thread !! Any suggestions or heard of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows very slow after awhile