Windows 10: Very slow logon process

Discus and support Very slow logon process in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My laptop runs Windows 10 Home, version 1909, Build 18363.815. After last April Win10 updates, all of a sudden, the winlogon process has been changed... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DudiArgaman, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Very slow logon process

My laptop runs Windows 10 Home, version 1909, Build 18363.815.

After last April Win10 updates, all of a sudden, the winlogon process has been changed fron seconds to minutes.

Please advise.

:)

DudiArgaman, Apr 25, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Only windows processes/software/applications are slow

Hi,

As per the above info, I suggest that you Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running
    at the same time.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Asyscorp Win User

Very slow logon process

Very slow logon time.

Hello All,

My users are experiencing a very slow logon that can last between 5 to 12 minutes, it normally gets stuck on a black screen but it always finish the logon process. This issue is intermittent and this is making things harder.

I have a mix environment of laptops and desktops, I have found similar behavior between the two. I am running Windows 10 1803 but I still a few running 1709.

Please find below all the steps I have taken so far:

- I have checked group policy on various clients and the duration I found in Event viewer for each of the policies are acceptable.

- I have run process monitor in several clients and enable boot logging, although in some of the clients I couldn't find a clear issue on the logs one of the clients did return some useful information as the process below took 7 minutes to complete:

c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p -s Winmgmt

Very slow logon process 670dbed8-be35-42b7-a2b0-c3accd735673?upload=true.png

Very slow logon process 56767316-f095-497b-a424-522b42386f0d?upload=true.png

Very slow logon process 7b81280f-8dd8-47cb-85f2-b49d7a0642ab?upload=true.png

I don't know anything about this process or why is taking so long to complete, any information, ideas or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sebastian.

Asyscorp, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Very slow logon process

1. Very slow logon process - Similar Threads - Very slow logon

2. my system very slow processing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system very slow processing: my system very slow and updated restarted but process is very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-very-slow-processing/8951eb04-e30b-4774-adf3-7aa5b7eb143c
  3. my system very slow processing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my system very slow processing: my system very slow and updated restarted but process is very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-very-slow-processing/8951eb04-e30b-4774-adf3-7aa5b7eb143c
  4. my system very slow processing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Very slow llogon process

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Very slow llogon process: My laptop runs Windows 10 Home, version 1909, Build 18363.815. After last April Win10 updates, all of a sudden, the winlogon process has been changed fron seconds to minutes. Please advise....
  6. Windows 10 logon very slow PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 logon very slow PC: Hello, since March 13th the Windows logon takes very long between 15 and 40 seconds Before that the logon always took about 5 seconds. I take these values from the event viewer, here are some excerpts from the last days: <Data Name="MainPathBootTime">20443</Data> <Data...
  7. Logon process slows down during simultaneous login

Logon process slows down during simultaneous login: In our computer labs, if we log in to a machine or 10 machines simultaneously the logon time for each machine is less than 30 seconds. But if we try to login to 20 or more machines then the login process takes longer. The first machine to complete the login takes about 40...
  8. Very slow logon time.

Very slow logon time.: Hello All, My users are experiencing a very slow logon that can last between 5 to 12 minutes, it normally gets stuck on a black screen but it always finish the logon process. This issue is intermittent and this is making things harder. I have a mix environment of laptops...
  9. Slow logon

Slow logon: My Win 10 installation boots fine and fast, but once I've entered my password it sits there for another 10 seconds - longer than the boot - before the desktop arrives, which is really annoying. Is that the way it is, or is there anything I could try to change it? 22131
  10. Logon very slow every now and then

Logon very slow every now and then: I have two computers (and laptop and one desktop) both running Windows 10 build 10586.104 and every now and then the logon process after I entered my credentials takes up to 30 seconds with the 'Welcome' message and the spinning animation showing on the screen. Other times it...