Windows 10: Very slow logon time.

Discus and support Very slow logon time. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All, My users are experiencing a very slow logon that can last between 5 to 12 minutes, it normally gets stuck on a black screen but it always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Asyscorp, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Asyscorp Win User

Very slow logon time.

Hello All,

My users are experiencing a very slow logon that can last between 5 to 12 minutes, it normally gets stuck on a black screen but it always finish the logon process. This issue is intermittent and this is making things harder.

I have a mix environment of laptops and desktops, I have found similar behavior between the two. I am running Windows 10 1803 but I still a few running 1709.

Please find below all the steps I have taken so far:

- I have checked group policy on various clients and the duration I found in Event viewer for each of the policies are acceptable.

- I have run process monitor in several clients and enable boot logging, although in some of the clients I couldn't find a clear issue on the logs one of the clients did return some useful information as the process below took 7 minutes to complete:

c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p -s Winmgmt

Very slow logon time. 670dbed8-be35-42b7-a2b0-c3accd735673?upload=true.png

Very slow logon time. 56767316-f095-497b-a424-522b42386f0d?upload=true.png

Very slow logon time. 7b81280f-8dd8-47cb-85f2-b49d7a0642ab?upload=true.png

I don't know anything about this process or why is taking so long to complete, any information, ideas or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sebastian.

:)

Asyscorp, Jan 16, 2019
  2. ollivetti Win User

Slow domain logon on remote sites with slow connection/bandwidth

Hello,

we are coping with slow domain logon times on our Windows 10 clients. At our local site, where the domain controller are placed, there are no problems. The slow logon time only occurs at remote sites with a low bandwidth, and it's not only the "first" login
    to the system. Our Windows 7 clients do not seem to have this problem.

It is a quite simple setup:

- no logon scripts

- no printers connected during logon

+ quite a lot of gpo's are configured to restrict the system

Hope someone has advice for me where. Many thank's in advance!

Regards

ollivetti, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 incredibly slow boot times.

Hi,

After upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 my computer suffers from incredibly slow boot times.

It boots to a black screen with white loading circle in the middle, I have timed it and it takes 5 minutes plus to reach the logon screen from the black screen.

Can anyone suggest what may be the problem?

Thank you.

KITCHELL_Z, Jan 16, 2019
  4. mbmeadows Win User

Very slow logon time.

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Jan 16, 2019
  5. Zine New Member
    For that kind of issue it's better to use Windows Performance Toolkit to identify the delay cause instead of using Process monitor;
    1. Download and Install windows Performance Toolkit Download and install the Windows ADK . Choose the package corresponding to your Windows .
    2. Just install the "Windows Performance Toolkit" package.
    3. Record a trace using Windows Performance Recorder using these options: https://justpaste.it/1g4sx
    4. Compress the resulting file (very important)
    5. Share it through https://www.transfernow.net/en/ or any other file sharing platform.
    I'll analyze your trace file and give you a feedback.

6. Zine New Member
    Hi,
    1. Download and Install windows Performance Toolkit Download and install the Windows ADK . Choose the package corresponding to your Windows .
    2. Just install the "Windows Performance Toolkit" package.
    3. Record a trace using Windows Performance Recorder using these options: https://justpaste.it/1g4sx
    4. Compress the resulting file (very important)
    5. Share it through https://www.transfernow.net/en/ or any other file sharing platform.
    I'll analyze your trace file and give you a feedback.

Thema:

Very slow logon time.

1. Very slow logon time. - Similar Threads - Very slow logon

2. Very very slow response time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very very slow response time: My dell Optiplex seems like it's unresponsive and sticking any suggestions?Thank youTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-very-slow-response-time/291cdece-fd8f-4482-8966-1a4498db8542
  3. Very slow logon process

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Very slow logon process: My laptop runs Windows 10 Home, version 1909, Build 18363.815. After last April Win10 updates, all of a sudden, the winlogon process has been changed fron seconds to minutes. Please advise....
  4. Windows 10 logon very slow PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 logon very slow PC: Hello, since March 13th the Windows logon takes very long between 15 and 40 seconds Before that the logon always took about 5 seconds. I take these values from the event viewer, here are some excerpts from the last days: <Data Name="MainPathBootTime">20443</Data> <Data...
  5. Very slow boot time

Very slow boot time: I have a sony vaio 500hdd 4gb ram i5 processor ,my problem is it takes for ever to start up ,when i start the laptop the windows logo comes up then takes ages to get to the please wait screen then takes ages again to get to the user welcome screen then i wait ages for the...
  6. Very slow boot time

in Windows 10 Support
    Very slow boot time: I have a sony vaio 500hdd 4gb ram i5 processor ,my problem is it takes for ever to start up ,when i start the laptop the windows logo comes up then takes ages to get to the please wait screen then takes ages again to get to the user welcome screen then i wait ages for the...
  7. Boot time very slow with SSD

Boot time very slow with SSD: I have Windows 10 with the latest updates, my hardware is: i5-6600k running at 4.4GHZ and 1.3v Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 8GB RAM Z170-HD3 RX 480 4GB I'm on windows 10 1703 My boot time has recently been extremely slow (almost 2 minutes) Interestingly Windows boot...
  8. Slow logon

Slow logon: My Win 10 installation boots fine and fast, but once I've entered my password it sits there for another 10 seconds - longer than the boot - before the desktop arrives, which is really annoying. Is that the way it is, or is there anything I could try to change it? 22131
  9. Slow Logon Times with Domain Account

Slow Logon Times with Domain Account: Hi all, I use my work laptop as my personal machine. When I logon away from the domain it takes about 3 minutes of the verbose message "waiting for user profile service" before it will show the desktop. Any ideas how to change the time out period for how long it waits to...
  10. Logon very slow every now and then

Logon very slow every now and then: I have two computers (and laptop and one desktop) both running Windows 10 build 10586.104 and every now and then the logon process after I entered my credentials takes up to 30 seconds with the 'Welcome' message and the spinning animation showing on the screen. Other times it...