Windows 10: Very slow response for mouse clicks & movements & keystrokes

Discus and support Very slow response for mouse clicks & movements & keystrokes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have extremely slow response times for mouse movements & clicks, and for keystrokes. Typical delays after a movement, click or keystroke are usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KenY7744, Jun 3, 2019.

1. KenY7744 Win User

Very slow response for mouse clicks & movements & keystrokes

I have extremely slow response times for mouse movements & clicks, and for keystrokes. Typical delays after a movement, click or keystroke are usually in the 5-15 second range. This is clearly frustrating and unworkable.

This occurs in almost any application.

I am now running Win 10 19H1 May 2019 update, but the problem first arose before the update. I thought the update would resolve, but no.

Also have tried:

Removing or disabling add-ins for Outlook (Office 365).
    Multiple scans with Windows Defender, MalwareBytes (free), SpyBot, SuperAntiSpyware. No threats found in any of these scanners.
    Multiple scans with CCleaner.
    Something is obviously stealing processor cycles, but I don't know how to further diagnose the problem. I'm out of ideas, other than just formating the C drive and doing a clean install of 19H1 via the Media Creation Tool.
    I'd be grateful for any other ideas to resolve short of a clean install.

:)

KenY7744, Jun 3, 2019

2. Slow response to mouse clicks after upgrading to win10

Hi Doc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• What is the Make and Model of the computer?
    • Are the Touchpad drivers up-to-date?

Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:
    Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + R, type Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Install the Driver in Compatibility mode.

Older drivers can be installed in compatibility mode in Windows 10. Since this is latest version, specific drivers are not likely to be available.

I suggest you to download the display card drivers from manufactures website and install the in compatibility mode.

1. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

4. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

I also suggest you to refer to the thread answered by Mr.
    DavidRoskoUsoft follow the steps and check if it works.

Please refer to the below link to redirect to the thread:

Mouse and keyboard input not working after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 3, 2019
  3. MrNeeds Win User
    Yet another slow mouse/display issue

You may have clicked a DPI switch on the mouse itself, some gaming mice have "on the fly" DPI switching to allow fast movements in games and quickly switch to slow movements for precision aiming, I suggest looking for a button near/underneath the mouse wheel, but without knowing the model of mouse, there's not much more help we could offer.

MrNeeds, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Very slow response for mouse clicks & movements & keystrokes

Creators Update Mouse Filter (Deadzone for slow movements)

Is there any way to disable the deadzone for moving my mouse very slowly? It seems to break games that run on the source engine (while using rawinput 0) as well as other games I'm sure. It alters mouse input on everything.

Even when using rawinput 1 in games it seems like it still impacts the mouse control. It just doesn't make it completely broken and unplayable. It makes it very hard to consistently control aim in different games as well as pixel precise movements in editing
    software. It seems to just slow me down.

Please help! Very slow response for mouse clicks & movements & keystrokes :(. This was introduced in the Creators update, 100%. It seems to act as a kind of mouse filter where verrrrrry slow movement is ignored entirely rather than keeping track of the smaller movements until it adds up to a larger movement like it
    should.

Using the mouse movement recorder that tracks the refreshrate of your mouse, it seems far more difficult to make the mouse stick to its max of 1000 Hz. It doesn't seem to pick up on initial movement as quickly as if its some kind of aggressive USB power
    saving function.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Afferoxxy Nomak, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Very slow response for mouse clicks & movements & keystrokes

1. Very slow response for mouse clicks & movements & keystrokes - Similar Threads - Very slow response

2. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  3. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  4. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Very very slow response time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very very slow response time: My dell Optiplex seems like it's unresponsive and sticking any suggestions?Thank youTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-very-slow-response-time/291cdece-fd8f-4482-8966-1a4498db8542
  6. Mouse problems, not very responsive.

Mouse problems, not very responsive.: I have a Logitech MX510 and bought a Logitech MX518 to cure the lag in the mouse response, very slow. With the MX518 I tried to use the software recommend but one of the software was not made for MX518 and the second did not recognize the MX518. Windows did not recognized the...
  7. Keyboard Keystrokes no response

Keyboard Keystrokes no response: Keyboard keystrokes don't work or take repeated input and then repeat multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keystrokes-no-response/3e360f8a-baab-4ae8-9183-dd54cbe3415c
  8. Right click desktop button is very slow in response?

Right click desktop button is very slow in response?: In my windows-10, the right click desktop button response is very slow.How to rectify this? I have seen some videos regarding this issue,they are suggesting to delete ( igfxcui folders in content menu handlers). Is this approach is safe for my PC?...
  9. no response for mouse clicking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no response for mouse clicking: after install the new system. everything are not response for mouse clicking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/no-response-for-mouse-clicking/bae4c39b-bfbf-472f-9856-ef8ed712a697
  10. No response to keystrokes or mouse when in screensaver mode

No response to keystrokes or mouse when in screensaver mode: After updating my laptop to Windows 10 from Windows 7 yesterday, I discovered today that I am unable to interrupt the screensaver mode and return to my work at hand. Nothing (keystrokes or mouse clicks) seems to register, leaving me no choice but to power down and restart....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow response to mouse click

2. lenovo desktop slow response to lenovo mouse clicks

3. mouse click slow to respond

4. keystrokes are sluggish,
  5. slow response mouse,
  6. after microsoft 10 update slow response to clicks,
  7. windows 10 delayed keystrokes and mouse clicks,
  8. slow mouse click,
  9. Version 1907 (Build 11727.20034)