Windows 10: Very slow response when typing, to the point it misses letters/words completly.

Discus and support Very slow response when typing, to the point it misses letters/words completly. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All/Anyone,In Device Manager, all I have is HID Keyboard Device. I have read I need Standard PS/2 Keyboard.I have googled many things and none have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Narghile1975, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Very slow response when typing, to the point it misses letters/words completly.

Hi All/Anyone,In Device Manager, all I have is HID Keyboard Device. I have read I need Standard PS/2 Keyboard.I have googled many things and none have helped. It is worse when I change across from one app the the next, like from Messanger to Chrome.I am running 24GB ram Which I am using about 5-10GB, I have 141GB spare in disk space. Wifi is not great here, but peaks about 7mb/s.CPU: Ryzen 5 - 3.59 Ghz 6 Core. HD = 450GB SSD. Mother AORUSSome times there is a slight delay in clicking with the mouse.Any help is greatRegardsNarg

:)

Narghile1975, Feb 6, 2022
  2. darkdiod Win User

Slow response when typing letters in a sms, mms

Hi Nokiaheads,

I just wonder if anybody else out there has the same problem with their n97 as i do? The thing is (and yes it irritates me) that when i am writing an sms, mms or just a note, the letters slooooowly appears on the screen. I can write three-four words before
    the first word is showing on the screen, annoying as h**l. And i'm not typing that fast either.

Why is this happening? Is it because of almost full phone memory or is it the F-secure Mobile Security thats makes things go slow when typing?

I have tweaked every possible application to be installed on the the E: memory. Still the problem is there.

Best regards,

--

darkdiod, Feb 6, 2022
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    WINDOWS 10 SPEECH RECOGNITION , ----PROBLEMS WITH CAPITALISING LETTERS OR WORDS

Hi Neil,

The command to capitalize the first letter of a word is: Caps word. If voice recognition is having a hard time understanding your command, we suggest that you
    train your PC. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Windows Speech Recognition.

• Follow the instructions.

For more commands that you can use, you can check here:
    Windows Speech Recognition commands

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Feb 6, 2022
  4. Yazoc Win User

Very slow response when typing, to the point it misses letters/words completly.

Windows 10 typing slow

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my normally fast laptop has gone dramatically slow. Mainly the typing, it's like it can't keep up with my typing and it stalls so I end up with missing letters unless I type really slow. But even when I'm not typing I notice
    the cursor disappears. So it's like my laptop is freezing every couple of seconds (5 to be exact) This is extremely frustrating and slowing down my work. Any suggestions appreciated

Yazoc, Feb 6, 2022
Thema:

Very slow response when typing, to the point it misses letters/words completly.

1. Very slow response when typing, to the point it misses letters/words completly. - Similar Threads - Very slow response

2. Erratic Typing, Misplaced Words, Slow Response

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic Typing, Misplaced Words, Slow Response: Halo,I was typing in Excel, then moved to Word. Only part of a word of what I typed in Excel was entered into Excel. The rest was entered into Word!This may have something to do with the system tracking where the mouse is. I have tried an old USB mouse and one connected by...
  3. Erratic Typing, Misplaced Words, Slow Response

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erratic Typing, Misplaced Words, Slow Response: Halo,I was typing in Excel, then moved to Word. Only part of a word of what I typed in Excel was entered into Excel. The rest was entered into Word!This may have something to do with the system tracking where the mouse is. I have tried an old USB mouse and one connected by...
  4. Erratic Typing, Misplaced Words, Slow Response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Very slow response when typing, to the point it misses letters/words completly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow response when typing, to the point it misses letters/words completly.: Hi All/Anyone,In Device Manager, all I have is HID Keyboard Device. I have read I need Standard PS/2 Keyboard.I have googled many things and none have helped. It is worse when I change across from one app the the next, like from Messanger to Chrome.I am running 24GB ram Which...
  6. Very slow response when typing, to the point it misses letters/words completly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow response when typing, to the point it misses letters/words completly.: Hi All/Anyone,In Device Manager, all I have is HID Keyboard Device. I have read I need Standard PS/2 Keyboard.I have googled many things and none have helped. It is worse when I change across from one app the the next, like from Messanger to Chrome.I am running 24GB ram Which...
  7. Very very slow response time

Very very slow response time: My dell Optiplex seems like it's unresponsive and sticking any suggestions?Thank youTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-very-slow-response-time/291cdece-fd8f-4482-8966-1a4498db8542
  8. Word in Win365 is slow to non-responsive

Word in Win365 is slow to non-responsive: I have noticed in past 1-2 weeks that Word has often been slow/non-responding when attempting to open document. I've been running Windows 365 for several months, and this slow-down has been a recent development. Today Word took so long to open about 2 minutes that I did a...
  9. Microsoft word won't type letters

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft word won't type letters: I cannot type in Microsoft word. My laptop won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-wont-type-letters/91fe049b-99b5-41eb-bc7c-ded8f1a9aee7
  10. Very slow response when opening programs and file explorer

Very slow response when opening programs and file explorer: When opening programs and shortcut to folders that are located on the task bar there is a several second delay before the program or folder opens. The delay is approx. 5 - 20 seconds. It doesn't happen all the time. I have searched the web and I used the command line SFC...