Windows 10: very slow startup and slow shutdown

Discus and support very slow startup and slow shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm on a PC with a hard drive (no SSD) and 64-bit Win 10 Version 1909 Build 18363.1198.Up until a couple of weeks ago, it took about a minute to start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Leah01, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Leah01 Win User

very slow startup and slow shutdown

I'm on a PC with a hard drive (no SSD) and 64-bit Win 10 Version 1909 Build 18363.1198.Up until a couple of weeks ago, it took about a minute to start up and shut down quickly, too; despite having MANY apps and programs. The last two weeks, I have very slow startup and shutdown. After about 10 to 15 minutes, the PC works fine, except that yesterday I got a blue screen and had to restart the PC to resolve it.

I confirmed that I still have very few background apps. I checked the taskmgr startup items. I even ran Sysinternals Autoruns (although, admittedly, I'm not 100% certain I knew what I was doing!) I ran Crystal Disk Info, to ensure the problem is not my hard drive.

Can anyone suggest what else I can try?

Thanks.

:)

Leah01, Nov 20, 2020
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool very slow startup and slow shutdown :cool:

SlipSlice, Nov 20, 2020
  3. catstone Win User
    Slow Startup

could ip config possibly slow down startup?
    i use route too, but seems that fixed or assigned ip makes no difference

catstone, Nov 20, 2020
  4. very slow startup and slow shutdown

laptop restart and shutdown slow process

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I understand from the description that the laptop takes time to shut down and also during startup. Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to windows icon and type Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Task Manager to open

Step 3:

Under Task Manager Windows select the Startup tab

Step 4:

Under Startup tab select the unwanted apps which might be simply slowing the shutdown and startup process

Step 5:

Right-click and Disable

Step 6:

Restart Laptop

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

very slow startup and slow shutdown

1. very slow startup and slow shutdown - Similar Threads - very slow startup

2. Very slow startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very slow startup.: [ATTACH] My computers startup time can be between 2 minutes and even 5 or more hours. I don't know what happens background I just see this image for all of the startup time:...
  3. Slow startup and slow shutdown

Slow startup and slow shutdown: Hi everyone, I have a problem with my laptop with Windows 10. The startup is very slow (about 5 minutes) and the shutdown is the same. I checked the health of the disk with cristaldiskinfo and it's ok. I also did a malware scan and everything is fine. I disabled all junk...
  4. Slow shutdown

Slow shutdown: I've recently upgraded to the 2004 build and since doing so everthing is fine except when i shutdown, before i didnt even have time to reach out to turn the monitor off , now it seems to take quite a while, I've done a Google search for the problem, and tried what was...
  5. Very slow startup

Very slow startup: I have officially tried everything messed with the registry stopped startup programs freed up space stopped services but windows 10 takes a while to boot up like a long time and my memory usage is at 50% when not doing anything disk is always at a 100% this happens just after...
  6. very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    very slow: my device very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow/eaf30d84-58ab-4c41-9f93-dc2c1b7f95ce
  7. Very slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow shutdown: I recently built a new system. only installed the latest version of windows that is out. Booted up into windows in 25 to 30 seconds but shutdown takes around 5 mins. 1.30 to get to blue shutdown screen. 1 min there. screen goes off then 2.30 for the fans to go off then power...
  8. Slow startup

Slow startup: Hi there, my laptop since upgrade from W7 to W10 has slow startup. I click turn on button, after first loading, everything go sleep (maybe) and have to wait nearly 1 minutes then Windows starts normally. Any suggestions? Thank you 1Lui_Qc5guc 75059
  9. Very slow startup

Very slow startup: I have an ASUS X556UR-XX477T Notebook Intel Core i7 8GB (GeForce 930MX 2GB) 1TB with windows 10. I have tried all the procedures described on the internet but it remains with very slow startup.In running programs I also realize that it is much more slow than my dell i5 with...
  10. System very slow to startup

System very slow to startup: windows 10 professional This is **NOT** a boot issue, the system boots up just fine and gets to the login screen fast. The issue is the system startup after login, it is takes a rather long time for Windows to become usable. I have tried stopping all NON windows services...