Windows 10: Very slow to load apps or work in app

Discus and support Very slow to load apps or work in app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HP Pavillion g6, win 10 home updated . PC was slowing down for sometime. But now it takes 3 mtsto boot. Takes 4-5 mts to load an app. Opening a file in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DevicharanBalasubramanian, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Very slow to load apps or work in app

HP Pavillion g6, win 10 home updated . PC was slowing down for sometime. But now it takes 3 mtsto boot. Takes 4-5 mts to load an app. Opening a file in app and clicking on any command take a few minutes to respond. If I open a second app the story is same. Switching between apps takes time. After about half-an-hour things get better. Task manager shows ddr memory is 83 % full or 1.7of 2GB. The top mem user is antivirus. Before I landed up with this prob, I had run Diskdefragment /optimiser and Clean Disk to clean system files . I had checked all useless files and deleted them, 3/4 GB. I have Win Defender, daily updated. Scan results report no threats. I ran a full scan. Surprisingly the full scan ended in 45 mts reporting no threats. Previouly it used to take 2to 3 hrs. Maybe because I deleted quite some GBs? Please advise how I can get out of the prob.

:)

DevicharanBalasubramanian, Dec 26, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

No text on Apple TechPowerUp app

@robert3892 I just tried to install the app and I got a popup launching the app saying that the developer needs to look at the compatibility of the app and it will slow down performance.

I can see the review text for a sec or two doing loading of the review and then it disappears so I guess there is a update needing to get this app to work on iOS 10.1.1

puma99dk|, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    MS-email app slow to load ?

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Is the computer performance is slow?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works out for you.

Method 1: Turn off automatic loading of images in windows 10 Mail

1. Launch Mail app, select Settings.
    2. Select all the Account one by one
    3. Click on Change mailbox Sync Settings
    4. Uncheck the option “Always download full message and Internet images"
    5. Select Done option
    6. Restart the Mail app, once you complete the above steps.

I recommend you to follow this article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    , to get a deeper understanding of this issue

If you are facing issue with slow performance in Windows, I recommend you to perform

Disk Cleanup in Windows 10
    , it will remove unnecessary
    obsolete system files, temporary files, corrupted files etc.

Disclaimer: Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive then chkdsk tries to repair that sector, if any data available on that might be lost.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No

Mithin_EJ, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Very slow to load apps or work in app

Weather App not working windows 8.1

I've had similar problems (circling dots and app won't load) in 8.1 and not only with weather, sometimes even store didn't load.

In W10 problems disappeared and everything works fine.

If you're interested you can check some other weather apps

Drone, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Very slow to load apps or work in app

1. Very slow to load apps or work in app - Similar Threads - Very slow load

2. Some Apps very slow to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some Apps very slow to load: Hi, Due to issues I had upgrading an older to PC to the latest Windows 10 version, I decide to bite the bullet and buy a new new PC. Maybe I bit off more of that bullet than I could chew. I've upgraded to a DELL Optiplex 7090 with a DELL Ultra HD monitor 3840 x 2160 running...
  3. slow loading of programmes and apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    slow loading of programmes and apps: my computer has become very slow to load things, how do I speed things up ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-loading-of-programmes-and-apps/47b393fd-85dc-4eb0-aa51-961a561af7cf
  4. Win10 slow to load and apps slow to open

Win10 slow to load and apps slow to open: hello, I recently installed Win10 and ever since my laptop is extremely slow. On startup 2.7min to boot up. Then another 2-3min for my desktop to completely load. Once it's finally finished another 2min for any app to load. Ive Purchased System Mechanic Pro to try eliminating...
  5. Loads very Slow

Loads very Slow: I have an Asus Laptop X540 B. Just over 1 year old. Yesterday it started functioning erratically. It takes more than hour to load. Once desktop loads , i noticed the system has reset itself. But when i try to open any file/folder/drive it just hangs and stays like that for...
  6. Photos App is Very Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App is Very Slow: I don't know why, but sometimes the Photos app takes a few minutes to load. Why is it so slow? MsPaint never takes more than a couple seconds to load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-is-very-slow/54e33a97-7436-4ed7-b315-59a7edc788f4
  7. Slow loading of all apps and slow page loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow loading of all apps and slow page loading: I have a Windows 10 Laptop used for work. Program and internet access was fairly prompt. Updated and opening anything was VERY slow. Loading pages very slow. My Apple and XP machines are fine, connection is not the problem. Task Manager shows "Antimalware Service...
  8. windows sometimes loads very very slow sometimes works.

windows sometimes loads very very slow sometimes works.: soo long story short. i been having problems with my pc. i would record game plays then pc would freeze. hard reset try it again and it would freeze. then sometimes it would work fine no problems. now it would freeze after inputting my password to windows. it would load a...
  9. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...
  10. Metro Apps slow to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro Apps slow to load: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 the metro apps have been slow to launch if they ever do. The Xbox app takes 3 minutes+ just to load past a green screen. And the weather metro app never loads, just stays on the blue background. I have ran a sfc & error...