Windows 10: Very slow upload speeds

Discus and support Very slow upload speeds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get around 250-300 Mbps download, but only .02-.05 Mbps upload. I know it's not an issue with my internet or router because i get 30-40Mbps on other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SamuelRhodes1, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Very slow upload speeds

I get around 250-300 Mbps download, but only .02-.05 Mbps upload. I know it's not an issue with my internet or router because i get 30-40Mbps on other devices. The issue persists across both wifi and Ethernet.

:)

SamuelRhodes1, Feb 10, 2021

2. Slow upload speed

I have a cable service which is supposed to provide download speed of 300 Mbps and upload speed of 20 Mbps. My PC is connected to the service providers modem via an ethernet cable. I recently had a problem with both speeds being ultra low. A technician
    visited and traced the problem to a broken copper wire tip on the input cable to the modem. He cut the end off the cable and crimped a new connector on. He ran some tests presumably to check that no other faults existed, reconnected the cable to the modem
    and both speeds ran within the correct ranges.

The next day I decided to run a speed test and the download speed was fine but the upload speed was very low (down to 1.9 Mbps).

being curious I disconnected the infeed cable to the modem and checked the new connection. Everything looked fine so i reconnected the cable and ran another speed test. Both speeds were back up where they should be.

The next day I ran another speed test and the upload speed was low again. This time disconnecting and reconnecting the input cable to the modem did not resolve the problem.

Sorry for being so long winded here but my technical knowledge is rather limited and I prefer not to play with things I do not understand, but my question, "should I be concerned about the slow upload speed?" It does not appear to be causing any great problem
    but the technician who visited did indicate that a slow upload speed could cause other problems with the modem, such as it automatically rebooting itself. This has occurred twice since the slow upload speed came back.

Other than going back to the service provider and waiting until they can send another technician out, is there anything I can do myself to resolve the problem?

mumbogumbo, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Very slow upload speeds

ReubenFaleiro, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Very slow upload speeds

1. Very slow upload speeds - Similar Threads - Very slow upload

2. slow upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow upload speed: Fast download but extremely slow upload speed, less than .2 Mbps. Well over 30 Mbps in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/681b3aa1-93a9-4e67-82ae-4babdb3c65d4
  3. My upload speed is very slow as of yesterday.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My upload speed is very slow as of yesterday.: Normally 12Mbps+, it barely reaches 0.5Mbps now. I rebooted the PC, router and modem, and even had the ISP send a technician over to the house and check everything, he confirmed they're sending us full speed down and up 300Mbps down, 12Mbps up. Oddly enough, ony my phone and...
  4. My upload speed is very slow as of yesterday.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My upload speed is very slow as of yesterday.: Normally 12Mbps+, it barely reaches 0.5Mbps now. I rebooted the PC, router and modem, and even had the ISP send a technician over to the house and check everything, he confirmed they're sending us full speed down and up 300Mbps down, 12Mbps up. Oddly enough, ony my phone and...
  5. My upload speed is very slow as of yesterday.

6. Very slow upload speeds with ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow upload speeds with ethernet: My download speeds are through the roof at over 800mb/s but my upload speed is sitting at a pathetic 0.3-1mb/sI've tried disabling LSO, updating drivers, deleting the device and switching cords and ports. My brothers PC is working perfectly fine with the same downlopad speed...
  7. Very slow upload speeds with ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow upload speeds with ethernet: My download speeds are through the roof at over 800mb/s but my upload speed is sitting at a pathetic 0.3-1mb/sI've tried disabling LSO, updating drivers, deleting the device and switching cords and ports. My brothers PC is working perfectly fine with the same downlopad speed...
  8. Very slow upload speeds with ethernet

9. Very Slow Internet Upload speed on Dell Laptop

Very Slow Internet Upload speed on Dell Laptop: Hi, We are trying to track down the cause of a very slow upload speed on one of our laptops running Windows 10. We have ruled out network issues by doing tests with several of our other home devices and get consistently good download and upload speeds at around 35mbps down/...
  10. Very slow upload speed

Very slow upload speed: Hi, I've been dealing with this issue for the last 6 days. It is extremely weird and at this point I'm about to give up. Randomly my internet started having issues so I checked the ookla speedtest, which said my download speed is great about 40Mbps, but my upload speed...