Windows 10: Very slow WiFi on Windows 10

Discus and support Very slow WiFi on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently got a new Lenovo Ideapad. After updating Windows and MSOffice, I started using it as I normally would. It works fine. I could go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Christian__R, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Very slow WiFi on Windows 10

I recently got a new Lenovo Ideapad. After updating Windows and MSOffice, I started using it as I normally would. It works fine. I could go to Dictionary.com or Wikipedia and CNN except the WiFi is very slow. I've tried connecting via ethernet and the speed seems to be normal. When I'm connected via ethernet cable, my WiFi speed according to speedtest.net is around 10Mbps, which should be normal. However, when I don't use the ethernet speedtest shows my WiFi speed is around 2Mbps or speedtest says it couldn't connect to the internet at all.

My observation is, it only becomes slow when I'm connected via WiFi. The voice of the person I'm speaking with on Skype becomes very distorted. This is really puzzling because I don't have the same problem when I use my older Acer laptop (which I upgraded from Win7 to Win10).

Please help.

:)

Christian__R, Oct 26, 2018

2. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Very slow WiFi on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Very slow WiFi on Windows 10

1. Very slow WiFi on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Very slow WiFi

2. wifi is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi is very slow: wifi is very slow when i plug in my charger on my laptop. All other devises work well with this wifi. This happened after I updated windows from prior version to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-very-slow/d6c5861d-f0b2-4773-b461-adcc71641692
  3. wifi is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi is very slow: wifi is very slow when i plug in my charger on my laptop. All other devises work well with this wifi. This happened after I updated windows from prior version to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-very-slow/d6c5861d-f0b2-4773-b461-adcc71641692
  4. Very slow wifi speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow wifi speed: All of a sudden this week, my pcs wifi speeds have gone incredibly low and i can no longer run any online game without massive lag spikes. Although, when i do a wifi speed test online, this seems fine and on any other device in my house the wifi is perfect.Ive searched so...
  5. Very slow wifi speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow wifi speed: All of a sudden this week, my pcs wifi speeds have gone incredibly low and i can no longer run any online game without massive lag spikes. Although, when i do a wifi speed test online, this seems fine and on any other device in my house the wifi is perfect.Ive searched so...
  6. Very slow wifi speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi Adapter very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi Adapter very slow: Hai, right now i'm using Acer Aspire E14 with additional usb wifi adapter by TOTO LINK, when I using google or youtube with my laptop, sometimes I often experiencing very slow internet speed, it doesn't happened on my smartphone, so I conclude that this must be something...
  8. Windows 10 very very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 very very slow: Hi I have an HP Spectre x360 wxith an Intel Core i7-7500U, 2,7 GHz, 16Go RAM and a 2TB hard drive 1.45To free. Since one week my PC is very very slow. I'm using Kaspersky Total Security without any alert. I'm also using MalwareByte without also any alert I run...
  9. my wifi is very slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    my wifi is very slow: my wifi is very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-is-very-slow/81f1df1c-7d06-48d2-af64-8e3280fb254a
  10. Wifi very slow on new windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi very slow on new windows 10 PC: Got a new PC a few days ago and the wifi is absolutely atrocious, running around 1-2 Mbps download speed. I've tried: - Running the troubleshooter which doesn't find anything. - Flushing the DNS - Completely reinstalling windows - disabling tcp/ip v6 - Installing the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow wifi windows 10

2. windows 10 slow wifi

3. windoes 10 wifi slow

4. windows 10 wifi slow,
  5. indows 10 slow wifi,
  6. win 10 slow wifi,
  7. wifi extremely slow windows 10,
  8. slow wifi in windows 10,
  9. 2018 windows 10 wifi very slow on phone fast?