Windows 10: Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown

Discus and support Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have you guys noticed that during the Windows 10 logon screen, it is very sluggish at the point were It just has the lock screen background image with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10freak, Sep 9, 2018.

1. win10freak Win User

Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown

Have you guys noticed that during the Windows 10 logon screen, it is very sluggish at the point were It just has the lock screen background image with no password prompt box and then I need to hit enter again to get the password box to reappear. And most of the time, when I enter my password, there is a typing delay and usually it complains that I entered my password incorrectly.

This is been happening since v1803. Never did it on v1709 or on even v1607.

It usually improves when I wait at the logon screen for a minute.
    Perhaps maybe I should terminate some background apps or services?
    My system is clean from malware, and its been doing this after a few clean reinstalled.
    Maybe its an update that's doing this lagging or slowness issue at the logon screen.

However, when I just only lock my screen, its fine, but it only occurs when booting from a shutdown or a reboot.

:)

win10freak, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Gerard Qui Win User

No password prompt at login screen at screen saver...cannot get back without reboot

Hi,

This issue may occur if the display logon screen option is disabled on the screen saver settings. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to enable the
    display logon screen option:

• On Cortana search, type settings.
    • Choose Settings from the list.
    • Click on Personalization, then select on Lock screen at the left pane.
    • Click on Screen saver settings, then put a tick on the
      On resume, display logon screen
    • Click on Apply, then click on OK.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Gerard Qui, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Gina_on_the_thread Win User

Gina_on_the_thread, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown - Similar Threads - Very sluggish Logon

2. Windows running very sluggish

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows running very sluggish: I haven't installed or updated anything recently, yet for some reason windows is running very sluggish. It starts up in about 10 seconds, (Due to my SSD) And signs me in just fine. Once I click firefox or the start button though, it hangs for about 10-30 seconds, then does...
  3. Corrupt screen after rebooting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupt screen after rebooting: I have an ASUS Radeon R7-250 GPU and when I rebooted, all it landed me into was green and brown stripes, and this was on a clean re-install of Windows. I had reset the PC several times without realizing I had to turn off Secure Boot, but this happened after I had performed...
  4. Windows 10 Acting Very Sluggish

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Acting Very Sluggish: This problem showed up yesterday, I think. Windows 10 boot-up time on my computer is normally very fast (dual SSD raid). After I type in my Pin, there's not even a second delay before I'm able to click around and launch apps. But now, for some strange reason, the desktop...
  5. Logon screen (from setting in screensaver) not working after game

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon screen (from setting in screensaver) not working after game: Running Win10 Pro 64-bit, latest updates applied. I know PC games disable the screensaver while playing and enable it when quitting but I'm playing one game (the ONLY game that does this) and whenever I quit the game, it enables the screensaver but not enable the 'On...
  6. Sluggish after switching back from VM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish after switching back from VM: Guest OS .................... Win 8.1 Pro installed in VMware Workstation 12 (free edition). Host OS....................... Win 10 Home. I find out that after switching back from Guest OS, Win 10 is sluggish. In fact programs would freeze for a short time. Once I had to...
  7. Logon screen?????

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon screen?????: i haven't seen anything here about the logon screen, but my logon screen is horrible. it is the most buggy thing about win 10 for me, and it crashes almost all the time. i get a flashing screen, and the credentials to logon are hard to get it to accept them. does anyone else...
  8. Black screen after logon fixed, sort of, but...

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after logon fixed, sort of, but...: Hey guys, I upgraded Windows 8.1 to Win 10. Everything seemed to go okay, and the Win 10 logon screen appeared. But when I logged into my existing account, all I got was a black screen with a movable mouse pointer. I thought that running Windows Update might fix it—but...
  9. Random Shutdown and Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdown and Reboot: I have Windows 10 system that keeps randomly rebooting and coming back up. I took main name "place" to get it look at and they said everything is fine and it didn't randomly reboot them like it does me. Could anybody give me some help by look at my files? I attach below, a...
  10. Reboot after Windows Update vs Shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot after Windows Update vs Shutdown and restart: Has anyone else noticed that after an update from Windows Update you "Must" do a Reboot for the installation/update to process. In prior versions of Windows when I would take an update, I might just wait until I shut the PC down for the night, and it would finish up in the...