Windows 10: Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown

Discus and support Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have you guys noticed that during the Windows 10 logon screen, it is very sluggish at the point were It just has the lock screen background image with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10freak, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown

Have you guys noticed that during the Windows 10 logon screen, it is very sluggish at the point were It just has the lock screen background image with no password prompt box and then I need to hit enter again to get the password box to reappear. And most of the time, when I enter my password, there is a typing delay and usually it complains that I entered my password incorrectly.

This is been happening since v1803. Never did it on v1709 or on even v1607.

It usually improves when I wait at the logon screen for a minute.
    Perhaps maybe I should terminate some background apps or services?
    My system is clean from malware, and its been doing this after a few clean reinstalled.
    Maybe its an update that's doing this lagging or slowness issue at the logon screen.

However, when I just only lock my screen, its fine, but it only occurs when booting from a shutdown or a reboot.

:)

win10freak, Sep 9, 2018

2. No password prompt at login screen at screen saver...cannot get back without reboot

Hi,

This issue may occur if the display logon screen option is disabled on the screen saver settings. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to enable the
    display logon screen option:

• On Cortana search, type settings.
    • Choose Settings from the list.
    • Click on Personalization, then select on Lock screen at the left pane.
    • Click on Screen saver settings, then put a tick on the
      On resume, display logon screen
    • Click on Apply, then click on OK.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Gerard Qui, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown

Gina_on_the_thread, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown

1. Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown - Similar Threads - Very sluggish Logon

2. Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. When I started using this i got frustrated with the system. It is very slow and sluggish. It initially takes 10 minutes to boot then after to use any applications i have to wait for lot of time. When i...
  3. Very long reboot or shutdown win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very long reboot or shutdown win 11: I have a strange behavior with my windows 11 pro that it tacked up to 2 min 25 sec to reboot or shutdown the computer!It’s a fresh install without any programs install just drivers and f-security and all the updates of windows 11 pro!Is there a way to see what’s taken so long...
  4. Very long reboot or shutdown win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very long reboot or shutdown win 11: I have a strange behavior with my windows 11 pro that it tacked up to 2 min 25 sec to reboot or shutdown the computer!It’s a fresh install without any programs install just drivers and f-security and all the updates of windows 11 pro!Is there a way to see what’s taken so long...
  5. reboot from shutdown mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reboot from shutdown mode: no previous answers help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reboot-from-shutdown-mode/1d9d47ec-cc43-4ad3-a67f-90bd9aff5d67
  6. Very sluggish in games/fps drops

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very sluggish in games/fps drops: Hi guys, and Happy Holidays :) I'm at witts end with this thing, I updated to the October 1809 update, but can't remember if the issue started before that, in games I have lost at least half of the FPS I used to get, for example, in Euro Truck Sim 2 I used to get 140...
  7. 1809 reboots after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 reboots after shutdown: Hello, When I shut down my Windows 10 1809 PC it restarts after a couple of seconds.There are no error messages, no BSODs and I checked the event log after the system restarted and I could see nothing relevant in the event logs. I can disable the automatic restart, but that...
  8. Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown

Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown: Have you guys noticed that during the Windows 10 logon screen, it is very sluggish at the point were It just has the lock screen background image with no password prompt box and then I need to hit enter again to get the password box to reappear. And most of the time, when I...
  9. Windows running very sluggish

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows running very sluggish: I haven't installed or updated anything recently, yet for some reason windows is running very sluggish. It starts up in about 10 seconds, (Due to my SSD) And signs me in just fine. Once I click firefox or the start button though, it hangs for about 10-30 seconds, then does...
  10. Windows 10 Acting Very Sluggish

Windows 10 Acting Very Sluggish: This problem showed up yesterday, I think. Windows 10 boot-up time on my computer is normally very fast (dual SSD raid). After I type in my Pin, there's not even a second delay before I'm able to click around and launch apps. But now, for some strange reason, the desktop...