Windows 10: Very Specific Help

Discus and support Very Specific Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. My laptop has a Num Lock right above the trackpad and I was wondering if I could bound that to the login password. Something along the lines of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PricklyAssassin, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Very Specific Help

Hello. My laptop has a Num Lock right above the trackpad and I was wondering if I could bound that to the login password. Something along the lines of this:

Laptop Starts and Asks for Login > I press the num lock key > laptop unlocks and goes to desktop.

I would really appreciate if someone could help with this Very Specific Help :D

submitted by /u/PricklyAssassin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PricklyAssassin, Oct 3, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Norton Win User
    Crunchers Helping Crunchers : The New Project

Suggestion: If we do the build those that contribute all get put "in the hat" and someone gets picked for a nice treat.

I'm thinking a video card, psu, or something like that *Smile Very Specific Help :)

What do you think????

***EDIT- added a suggestion list for the Thank You prize ***

Cruncher's Helping Crunchers Project Thank You suggestions:
    - Video card
    - PSU
    - Gift card (area specific)
    - Water cooling setup

Norton, Oct 3, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Very Specific Help

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Very Specific Help

1. Very Specific Help - Similar Threads - Very Specific Help

2. Automate rename files - VERY specific request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automate rename files - VERY specific request: Hi there I have a about 3500 folders all in the same directory. The folder names are in the following format: "surname initials - file number" e.g. HUDSON JG - 2345 Is there a way to automate the renaming of these folders to the following format: 2345 - HUDSON JG ? In other...
  3. Automate rename files - VERY specific request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automate rename files - VERY specific request: Hi there I have a about 3500 folders all in the same directory. The folder names are in the following format: "surname initials - file number" e.g. HUDSON JG - 2345 Is there a way to automate the renaming of these folders to the following format: 2345 - HUDSON JG ? In other...
  4. Very Specific External Hard Drive Virus / Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Very Specific External Hard Drive Virus / Issue: I am very unsure of weather my external hard drive has a virus or not. But I'm going to make a very strong assumption. I downloaded a Adobe plugin on my external hard drive and about an hour later, that same external hard drive gets renamed to "Local Disk", after it was...
  5. A Very Specific Keyboard Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A Very Specific Keyboard Problem: As the subject states, I have a very specific problem with my keyboard and I've struggled for a LONG time to get a fix for it. I have a gaming laptop running on a semi-old version of Win10 Home- not every recent update is installed. List of all installed updates, according...
  6. Lost access to Internet in very specific way

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost access to Internet in very specific way: I recently installed an old Nvidia video card. Since having done that, if I leave the computer on idle for a while, then I will lose access to Internet. But not all internet. I just realized, WhatsApp is still working fine. Windows thinks I have an internet connection, but I...
  7. this is very helpful

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    this is very helpful: The internal support gave me a phone number to call "09  817 10 4 00 " someone tell me where I'm supposed to call? lmfao (jkjk not worth it) original reason I went to the support thing was to fix a problem... Win+Shift+S wasn't working and I tried contacting tech...
  8. Very Specific Audio Sources No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very Specific Audio Sources No Longer Work: For the first time ever, I've been entirely unable to fix an issue that has sprouted, and I'm beyond stumped, because I've found nothing in the likes of what I'm experiencing. As of yesterday, using Windows Media Player while trying to play .wav files will let them play,...
  9. BSOD at very random times, no specific times.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at very random times, no specific times.: Hi guys, I keep on getting BSOD screens when using my laptop. It is very random, sometimes it happens whilst I am working in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator or even just when I am browsing the web. At first I thought it might be the display driver, but I did a clean install...
  10. Very specific questions about Windows 10 features.

in Windows 10 Support
    Very specific questions about Windows 10 features.: Folks, I have a number of questions about how much "sanity" has been restored in Windows 10. Since I can't seem to find anything about these while searching, I thought I would register and ask here. So, if you can help, I would appreciate it. 1. I have been generally...