Windows 10: Very Strange Battery Report

Discus and support Very Strange Battery Report in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've noticed something very strange about my battery life report... Since buying the laptop in 2016 the full charge capacity has dropped from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jpwensley, Jul 23, 2019.

1. jpwensley Win User

Very Strange Battery Report

I've noticed something very strange about my battery life report...

Since buying the laptop in 2016 the full charge capacity has dropped from 92,157mWh to 66,883mWh. I understand this is normal and I've been checking it every month or so to track its decrease (average 700mWh drop per month).

The strange part is its stopped going down... it hasn't dropped a single mWh in the past 8 months. How is this possible if the batteries are built to decrease charge capacity over time?

The laptop has a warranty and they will replace the battery if it drops bellow 60% full charge capacity. It's just very strange that its suddenly stopped going down.

Anyone know why this could be?

:)

jpwensley, Jul 23, 2019
  2. radar2000 Win User

Generate Battery Usage Report in Windows 10

Is there a way to reset this report?

The reason why I ask, is lately my report is off, like way off. When it used to give me realistic battery life results it was around 10 to 11 hours. Now it's showing 149000 hours!?!?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers!

radar2000, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like you to know that the battery estimate report is generated as per the sensors that are present within the laptop to sense the battery. It could be an issue with the sensor and that could be the reason you are receiving a false estimate.

I suggest you to try updating the battery drivers, generate a report and see if that makes any difference. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    and update the
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver. The ACPI driver is responsible for the power management and Plug and Play (PnP) device enumeration.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to get in touch with the laptop manufacturer and have a check with the battery and the battery sensor.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Very Strange Battery Report

Battery Report

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/generate-battery-usage-report-in-windows-10.6790/

• Design Capacity = The amount of charge that the battery was designed to hold in mWh (milliwatt
      hours).
    • Full Charge Capacity = The amount of charge that the battery will actually hold.
    This should give a rough estimate of what the life of battery is. If the cycle count is there in the first section, it would show you how many time battery has been recharged.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Very Strange Battery Report

1. Very Strange Battery Report - Similar Threads - Very Strange Battery

2. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report: My battery died during these few days and I wanted to check if it did. I made a battery report using the command prompt and it showed an impossible number of 10000% capacity remaining. What does the high capacity number mean?Here's the battery usage chart:...
  3. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Report: My battery died during these few days and I wanted to check if it did. I made a battery report using the command prompt and it showed an impossible number of 10000% capacity remaining. What does the high capacity number mean?Here's the battery usage chart:...
  4. Battery report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery report: Hello,I am Vatshal,I recently generated a battery report with the command prompt, Is the LiP in CHEMISTRY section is the lithium polymar, or other. If it isn't Lithium polymar, inform me with the name of the battery. And If my battery is lithium polymar, why it's battery life...
  5. Battery report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery report: Hello,I am Vatshal,I recently generated a battery report with the command prompt, Is the LiP in CHEMISTRY section is the lithium polymar, or other. If it isn't Lithium polymar, inform me with the name of the battery. And If my battery is lithium polymar, why it's battery life...
  6. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report: Hello,The battery report generated using command prompt powercfg /batteryreport has only recent entries ~1 month although the laptop is being used for 2 years. Is there a way to generate this report with all the entries?Thanks...
  7. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Report: Hello,The battery report generated using command prompt powercfg /batteryreport has only recent entries ~1 month although the laptop is being used for 2 years. Is there a way to generate this report with all the entries?Thanks...
  8. Battery report

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery report: I recently bought an asus laptopK571GT-p, I wanted to check it's battery so I ran Window's battery report, and here is my problem: Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS install: Since OS install1604:15:26-1627:10:31 Is any thing wrong...
  9. Battery report

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery report: Battery original report was from 05.07.2019. Battery report reset on 24.06.2020, time 12.38.48. Why? I have the actions that were done exactly at the date and time of the reset. [img] [img] [img] 159803
  10. Very very strange!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very very strange!: Using "Turn Windows features on or off" on Windows 10 Pro trying to enable Hyper-V Hypervisor. I can check all the other Hyper-V boxes, but try as I may, I am unable to put a check mark next to the Hyper-V Hypervisor option. I HAVE enabled Vt-x virtualization in BIOS, if...