Windows 10: Very Strange Battery Report

Discus and support Very Strange Battery Report in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've noticed something very strange about my battery life report... Since buying the laptop in 2016 the full charge capacity has dropped from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jpwensley, Jul 23, 2019.

1. jpwensley Win User

Very Strange Battery Report

I've noticed something very strange about my battery life report...

Since buying the laptop in 2016 the full charge capacity has dropped from 92,157mWh to 66,883mWh. I understand this is normal and I've been checking it every month or so to track its decrease (average 700mWh drop per month).

The strange part is its stopped going down... it hasn't dropped a single mWh in the past 8 months. How is this possible if the batteries are built to decrease charge capacity over time?

The laptop has a warranty and they will replace the battery if it drops bellow 60% full charge capacity. It's just very strange that its suddenly stopped going down.

Anyone know why this could be?

:)

jpwensley, Jul 23, 2019
  2. radar2000 Win User

Generate Battery Usage Report in Windows 10

Is there a way to reset this report?

The reason why I ask, is lately my report is off, like way off. When it used to give me realistic battery life results it was around 10 to 11 hours. Now it's showing 149000 hours!?!?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers!

radar2000, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like you to know that the battery estimate report is generated as per the sensors that are present within the laptop to sense the battery. It could be an issue with the sensor and that could be the reason you are receiving a false estimate.

I suggest you to try updating the battery drivers, generate a report and see if that makes any difference. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    and update the
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver. The ACPI driver is responsible for the power management and Plug and Play (PnP) device enumeration.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to get in touch with the laptop manufacturer and have a check with the battery and the battery sensor.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Very Strange Battery Report

Battery Report

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3297-generate-battery-usage-report-windows-10-a.html

• Design Capacity = The amount of charge that the battery was designed to hold in mWh (milliwatt
      hours).
    • Full Charge Capacity = The amount of charge that the battery will actually hold.
    This should give a rough estimate of what the life of battery is. If the cycle count is there in the first section, it would show you how many time battery has been recharged.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Very Strange Battery Report

1. Very Strange Battery Report - Similar Threads - Very Strange Battery

2. Strange report on open space on HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange report on open space on HD: My wife has a Windows 10 computer with a 512 gb HD that seems to indicate the HD is nearly full. If I click on the C drive and properties, is reports there is only 8gb free. If instead, I check the properties on every folder in the C drive, the total used gb adds up to only...
  3. Strange report on open space on HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange report on open space on HD: My wife has a Windows 10 computer with a 512 gb HD that seems to indicate the HD is nearly full. If I click on the C drive and properties, is reports there is only 8gb free. If instead, I check the properties on every folder in the C drive, the total used gb adds up to only...
  4. Very strange HDD problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very strange HDD problem: I have a C: drive which is an SSD and a D: drive which is an HDD, and Windows is installed in the C: drive. I'm having a strange problem in which the following is happening: -I try to open the D: drive, but it takes hours to load even the file dates, and it takes a minute to...
  5. Laptop Battery Strange Behavior

Laptop Battery Strange Behavior: Recently, I noticed a strange behavior in my laptop's battery. Whenever it is plugged it shows 100% charge but when I unplugged it, it went down to 0 and then computer shut down. I kept it unplugged and then restart the laptop. It started up despite all warnings about the...
  6. Strange Threat Report

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Threat Report: I paid for an add-on to MS Money called MSMoneyQuotes.exe. The file checked out fine on Defender and virustotal. I tried copying the file to a Windows zip folder (Money.zip). Defender said it wanted to send it for a cloud scan then came back with the virus warning below....
  7. Strange Memory Reporting Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Memory Reporting Problem: I have a very strange disk space reporting issue. I don't know when it first appeared (I'm on 17134.81 now), because I never looked at Settings/System/Storage - I have always used other tools. I just checked it out, having read about it in another comment. Anyway, my C:...
  8. Strange Battery Issue

Strange Battery Issue: I was using my new Pavilion x360 laptop last night for a few hours while plugged in. The battery was at 100%. This is a new laptop that had Windows 10 Home installed from a clean install. I shut the laptop off (completely off) around 11:00 PM. So today, I get home from work...
  9. Very strange problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very strange problem: Dear All, Please help me . Its been so many days now, I was able to use WiFi everywhere using my laptop. Suddenly one day I logged in to Office Wifi , it says " No Internet, Connected ,Secured". Diagnostics shows "One or more protocol is missing on this system..Blah"....
  10. Battery apps and battery report lack data

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery apps and battery report lack data: Because the several battery usage apps I have installed do not display the usage data expected I have generated a report, as described on this site --- only to find most of the data is missing there too. Presumably there is something wrong in my computer's Settings. What is...