Windows 10: Very Strange behaviour of default web cam of ASUS F-17 Laptop

Discus and support Very Strange behaviour of default web cam of ASUS F-17 Laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Problem Statement :When I open Device Manager the list of devices keep on refreshing on its's own. Under normal circumstances this happens when we plug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by logiccool, Jun 24, 2024.

1. logiccool Win User

Very Strange behaviour of default web cam of ASUS F-17 Laptop

Problem Statement :When I open Device Manager the list of devices keep on refreshing on its's own. Under normal circumstances this happens when we plug in or plug out some peripheral devices from USB ports available to us in Laptop.Using a third party software USBLog I find out that problem is with my Laptop's webcam.It keeps on getting plugged in or plugged out on it's own in background. Hold on till you point out to a loose connection or hardware issues or driver issues etc. As soon as I open win11's default camera app Webcam start working properly and list of devices in Device Manager Stop

:)

logiccool, Jun 24, 2024

2. ASUS AVG web cam

I have an Asus Tp550la and the built in web cam gives an error that its not connected. I tried all the suggestions related to this problem nothing worked. Went to the ASUS website they dont have any drivers listed for my model. Imaging device doesnt show
    up in device manager either. Scanned for hardware changes-nothing, Uninstalled everything that would likely pertain to a web cam-nothing, Reinstalled Win !0 fresh-nothing. I dont know what else to do any other ideas would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

TroyFerrero, Jun 24, 2024
  3. Web cam on Skype

Hi Martha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Have you updated the drivers for the web cam?

Does this issue occur only on Skype?

I suggest you to install the attest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

To install the driver updates follow the below steps.

• Open run command window( Windows key + R) and type devmgmt.msc

• Right click on driver and select update driver software.

• If the driver updates are not available install it from manufacture website.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 24, 2024
  4. Very Strange behaviour of default web cam of ASUS F-17 Laptop

web cam

Did you buy this Web Cam new and do you still have the box for it ???

• The Box packaging would usually have the Web Cams Manufacture and Identification on it as to what it is.
    • Usually there would have been a small CD/DVD Disk with it in the box packaging containing the Drivers and Software for this particular Web Cam.

This Web Cam must have a Model Name and Number on it some where if its a external stand alone Web Cam.

Logitech have a tag on the end of the USB Cable as do many Microsoft.

The Tag has the Model and Serial Number on it but you may need a magnifying glass to read it.

Others may be on the body of the Web Cam itself.

If you find this then write it down.

Go to the Manufacturers Web Site Service and Support.

Manufacturers Service and Support usually have a field asking for the Model Name.

Enter the Model Name and search.

See what manufacturers Software and Drivers are available for it and your Operating System in downloads.

Download them and install them.

Also read the User Manual of what the Web Cams Setting do.

This is also usually supplied in the Manufactures Service and Support.

Otherwise as mentioned by Christopher Miller, you may need a small app.

• May be you already have one but turned the app off.
    • If that`s the case start the app and see if it recognizes the Web Cam.

Frank N St31n, Jun 24, 2024
Thema:

Very Strange behaviour of default web cam of ASUS F-17 Laptop

1. Very Strange behaviour of default web cam of ASUS F-17 Laptop - Similar Threads - Very Strange behaviour

2. Very Strange behaviour of default web cam of ASUS F-17 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Strange behaviour of default web cam of ASUS F-17 Laptop: Problem Statement :When I open Device Manager the list of devices keep on refreshing on its's own. Under normal circumstances this happens when we plug in or plug out some peripheral devices from USB ports available to us in Laptop.Using a third party software USBLog I find...
  3. Very strange behaviour with sleep and hibernate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very strange behaviour with sleep and hibernate: Hello everyone! I rarely use sleep or hibernate so I do not know when this problem was introduced but I first noted it earlier this week. If I put my computer to sleep it immediately wakes every time. Pretty odd, but even odder is the fact that according to powercfg /lastwake...
  4. Web Cam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Web Cam: I need help to install my web cam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-cam/4e9e4870-4d6a-4747-bfce-9d164f7d7be4
  5. web cam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    web cam: bought an external web camera for my dell computer running Windows 10. The computer recognizes it but it will not work on web says An Error occured when trying to get access to Camera and/or Microphone: Devices matching requirements were not found or were not accessible....
  6. web cam

web cam: I have a lenovo ideapad S340. How do I open the inbuilt camera. How can i access the camea https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-cam/ddbeb89b-29ba-4c32-8e39-7bddf2c6f0d3
  7. integrated web cam on Dell laptop

integrated web cam on Dell laptop: Integrated web cam was hidden in Device Manager. Not working so followed instructions to uninstall. Device Manager search does not find it to add. Cannot find any clear help as to how to re-install - help please ?...
  8. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  9. Asus Web Cam Camera not working

Asus Web Cam Camera not working: Hello I run windows 10 32 bit and my camera driver is not working i guess although in devices manger it shows like everything is alright! Help please 31194
  10. Strange behaviour from my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange behaviour from my laptop: My laptop was working fine yesterday, turned on today to do the ' creator' update......but advised no internet connection....checked the Ethernet cable & ok, but wifi connections window not there, found that flight mode was enabled ??? And worst of all I can't switch it off....