Windows 10: Very strange BSODs

Discus and support Very strange BSODs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an issue where I get a BSOD consistently within the same time frame. Every time I get a BSOD, exactly two days afterward with around 3hrs of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FnPwnage, Feb 16, 2021.

1. FnPwnage Win User

Very strange BSODs

I have an issue where I get a BSOD consistently within the same time frame. Every time I get a BSOD, exactly two days afterward with around 3hrs of being on it the 2nd day, it will get a BSOD every single time. I have had this happen for about a month now with the same results each time. It seems to me the total time all together before another BSOD adds up to about 24hrs of on time before it gets one. Does anyone know why this would happen?

I get these errors:

On Tue 2/16/2021 9:54:19 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021621-8437-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: intelppm.sys intelppm+0x138f
    Bugcheck code: 0x133 0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8072F6FB320, 0x0
    Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Processor Device Driver
    Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs thermal issue.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. The description of the module may give a hint about a non responding device in the system.

On Sun 2/14/2021 6:28:50 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021421-7390-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: intelppm.sys intelppm+0x138f
    Bugcheck code: 0x133 0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF805686FB320, 0x0
    Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys
    description: Processor Device Driver
    Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs thermal issue.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. The description of the module may give a hint about a non responding device in the system.

On Fri 2/12/2021 3:33:24 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021221-7578-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5A80
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0xFFFFF80467DD61CD, 0x2, 0x8, 0xFFFFF80467DD61CD
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

FnPwnage, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Zebeon Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

Nothing listed like that.......
    just ati hotkey poller-

any other suggestions!

I am at a loss on what else to do-

I guess it is the general consensus that the card is bad....???*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

kind of strange...... When I can get into xp..... I am open CCC and goto ovdriver thing.... click test setting without changing anything... sometimes it passes and sometimes it does not.....

Then BSOD at random times.

Zebeon, Feb 16, 2021
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. axe0 Win User

Very strange BSODs

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums Very strange BSODs :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Very strange BSODs [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

Thema:

Very strange BSODs

1. Very strange BSODs - Similar Threads - Very strange BSODs

2. Very strange internet problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very strange internet problems: Someone please help... For months I've been having strange internet problems on my PC. There are certain sites that will not work under any circumstances. I will get a secure connection failed error even if I 1. clear cookies etc 2. switch browsers tried on several it never...
  3. Very strange internet problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very strange internet problems: Someone please help... For months I've been having strange internet problems on my PC. There are certain sites that will not work under any circumstances. I will get a secure connection failed error even if I 1. clear cookies etc 2. switch browsers tried on several it never...
  4. A very Strange Problem ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A very Strange Problem ?: I installed windows 10 and then bitdefender total security and Windows defender firewall got disabled by bitdefender firewall i restart my Pc and windows 10 firewall was still disabled and bitdefender firewall was enabled for now everything is Normal i then logged with my...
  5. Very strange problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Very strange problem: Hello everyone! *Biggrin First of all sorry if my English is not the best *Wink I have an Asus's laptop, and some days ago, I recognized that my battery charging time got a liittle bit slower. I searched how to slove it, and I found a tutorial on the Asus's site that shows...
  6. Very strange BSOD, once a week with no obvious solutions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very strange BSOD, once a week with no obvious solutions: Hi I've seen many BSODs over the years, and I've been able to solve them all until this one.. So a friend of mine has been having BSODs for a few months now, since he bought a new PC for work. And I'm writing here because I recommended the components and the computer shop...
  7. Very strange problem

Very strange problem: Hi, i have a problem with the PC. Within minutes of being turned on, I open a game, any one in this case, F1 2019 which works perfectly. The problem comes when I close the game I am playing, I want to open another game and it lags a lot, the sound cuts out and it is very...
  8. Very very strange!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very very strange!: Using "Turn Windows features on or off" on Windows 10 Pro trying to enable Hyper-V Hypervisor. I can check all the other Hyper-V boxes, but try as I may, I am unable to put a check mark next to the Hyper-V Hypervisor option. I HAVE enabled Vt-x virtualization in BIOS, if...
  9. Very Strange Battery Report

Very Strange Battery Report: I've noticed something very strange about my battery life report... Since buying the laptop in 2016 the full charge capacity has dropped from 92,157mWh to 66,883mWh. I understand this is normal and I've been checking it every month or so to track its decrease (average...
  10. Very strange problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very strange problem: Dear All, Please help me . Its been so many days now, I was able to use WiFi everywhere using my laptop. Suddenly one day I logged in to Office Wifi , it says " No Internet, Connected ,Secured". Diagnostics shows "One or more protocol is missing on this system..Blah"....