Windows 10: Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar

Discus and support Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently I've noticed that my taskbar and desktop have been having some issues when I minimize a program or change to another program, sometimes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theshadowftw, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar

Recently I've noticed that my taskbar and desktop have been having some issues when I minimize a program or change to another program, sometimes the desktop icons will flicker and sometimes the gray box on the icons on the taskbar will stay as they are. These problems go away when I restart windows explorer, and I'd rather not have to restart windows explorer every couple days if I don't have to. I'm pretty sure I know what caused this, and it's me being stupid when I misclicked and copied 6000 files straight to the desktop instead of the folder they were supposed to, it was a nightmare to clean up and I'm pretty sure that it's what caused this weird issue to start happening. Does anyone have any ideas on how to possibly fix this outside of reinstalling windows 10? I can live with this but I worry that it'll somehow get worse.

submitted by /u/theshadowftw
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theshadowftw, Apr 30, 2020

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar

Autohide Taskbar in Desktop Mode

Hi Niel,

In rare cases, you may be having an issue with Autohide Taskbar in desktop mode when you when you just recently did an upgrade on your PC. Autohide Taskbar Option might have got unchecked during the process. We would suggest you try the following steps to enable
    Autohide taskbar and check if it makes any difference.

a. Right-click on the Taskbar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the taskbar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

Update us with the result.

Jenicel Dri, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar

1. Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar - Similar Threads - Very strange cosmetic

2. Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical: General Information before I explain the problem. I use a g533 headset from Logitech, I have replaced it. That has not fixed the issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers devices and programs. None of those fixed the issue.Now for the issue. For the past few months my...
  3. Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical: General Information before I explain the problem. I use a g533 headset from Logitech, I have replaced it. That has not fixed the issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers devices and programs. None of those fixed the issue.Now for the issue. For the past few months my...
  4. Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Very strange router issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very strange router issues.: I have been having hair pulling issues with my ethernet cable. It constantly says unidentified network. It also comes up with the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". I have tried everything to fix it. I originally thought it was the fact that my wireless...
  6. Strange taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange taskbar issues: Hello all, I have tried restarting the computer and then also restarting explorer.exe and neither have worked. First my taskbar will randomly show over a fullscreen game, fullscreen YouTube video or even over my work Citrix environment. It is completely random and no real...
  7. Minecraft bedrock cosmetic issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft bedrock cosmetic issues: After updating to 1.16.0, a lot of the text on elements of the UI dissappeared. This was fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling. Then another issue cropped up and no amount of reinstalling or resetting the app has helped. Now some features of the cosmetic Character Creator...
  8. Very strange issue I’m having.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very strange issue I’m having.: So I’m having a problem which seems like it’s me being stuck in a temporary account. But my computer never notified me that it switched and on top off that no method I’ve seen has worked thus far. Every time I turn off my computer it deletes anything within my downloads...
  9. Very very strange!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very very strange!: Using "Turn Windows features on or off" on Windows 10 Pro trying to enable Hyper-V Hypervisor. I can check all the other Hyper-V boxes, but try as I may, I am unable to put a check mark next to the Hyper-V Hypervisor option. I HAVE enabled Vt-x virtualization in BIOS, if...
  10. Very strange issue with bluetooth LE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very strange issue with bluetooth LE: Hi everyone, I am having this strange issue with my laptop. When I use XTU or Throttlestop to undervolt my machine everything works fine even under all kinds of stress tests. However, after connecting any Bluetooth LE device (a mouse or a keyboard) the machine will work...