Windows 10: Very strange desktop on completely fresh install

Discus and support Very strange desktop on completely fresh install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I just re-installed win10 pro on to my X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-CF PC when it booted to desktop I had several files that I recognised from my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mpooley, Mar 12, 2020.

1. mpooley Win User

Very strange desktop on completely fresh install

Hi
    I just re-installed win10 pro on to my X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-CF PC
    when it booted to desktop I had several files that I recognised from my old setup on the desktop.
    Then I noticed that they seemed to be updating from the cloud as they had the same symbols you get next to onedrive items.
    arrows and clouds etc so I checked my onedrive but these particular items were not in onedrive!

So one item was a txt file that was a note from a stickie. So I wondered if the new windows stickies are being stored on the cloud?
    the other few items were snip and sketch images that I had taken on my old setup.

So I'm assuming that these are also stored in the cloud.

Can anyone confirm this for me as it was something I was unaware of!

Thanks

Mike

:)

mpooley, Mar 12, 2020
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Mar 12, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Very strange desktop on completely fresh install :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Very strange desktop on completely fresh install

HELP 5870 Issues:CCC resets settings on restart, Partial desktop, Lock in 2D clocks!

I didn't understand! Are suggesting this as a prelude to re-installing the CCC again?
    If yes, it's the case of fresh windows installation which I already did..
    If no, removing CCC will result in the desktop switching to a horrible low rez (800x600) and there'll be no black border and no partial desktop!!
    I did try removing only the monitors' drivers, as I said in my first post (Step 3), but I guess It wasn't clear..Sorry! English is not my first language, you know!

Thema:

Very strange desktop on completely fresh install

1. Very strange desktop on completely fresh install - Similar Threads - Very strange desktop

2. Completely fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely fresh install of windows 10: Hello!I am preparing my PC for a major upgrade, a new upgraded CPU and a new upgraded memory.I would like to have a completely fresh installation on Win 10.I have downloaded the latest version from the media creation tool onto a USB stick.At present, the C drive is on a 430Gb...
  3. Completely fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Completely fresh install of windows 10: Hello!I am preparing my PC for a major upgrade, a new upgraded CPU and a new upgraded memory.I would like to have a completely fresh installation on Win 10.I have downloaded the latest version from the media creation tool onto a USB stick.At present, the C drive is on a 430Gb...
  4. Completely fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Very strange problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very strange problem: Hi, i have a problem with the PC. Within minutes of being turned on, I open a game, any one in this case, F1 2019 which works perfectly. The problem comes when I close the game I am playing, I want to open another game and it lags a lot, the sound cuts out and it is very...
  6. Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar: Recently I've noticed that my taskbar and desktop have been having some issues when I minimize a program or change to another program, sometimes the desktop icons will flicker and sometimes the gray box on the icons on the taskbar will stay as they are. These problems go away...
  7. Very strange desktop on completely fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Very strange desktop on completely fresh install: Hi I just re-installed win10 pro on to my X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-CF PC when it booted to desktop I had several files that I recognised from my old setup on the desktop. Then I noticed that they seemed to be updating from the cloud as they had the same symbols you get next...
  8. Very very strange!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very very strange!: Using "Turn Windows features on or off" on Windows 10 Pro trying to enable Hyper-V Hypervisor. I can check all the other Hyper-V boxes, but try as I may, I am unable to put a check mark next to the Hyper-V Hypervisor option. I HAVE enabled Vt-x virtualization in BIOS, if...
  9. Complete format and fresh install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Complete format and fresh install: Hi everyone: I am in the process of organizing my digital files and backing them up before I do a fresh install of Windows 10. Quick question: Is this the best/only way to do a complete fresh install? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh I...
  10. Very strange problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very strange problem: Dear All, Please help me . Its been so many days now, I was able to use WiFi everywhere using my laptop. Suddenly one day I logged in to Office Wifi , it says " No Internet, Connected ,Secured". Diagnostics shows "One or more protocol is missing on this system..Blah"....