Windows 10: Very strange folder behavior. File sorting problem

Discus and support Very strange folder behavior. File sorting problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Here is a video of the problem: [media] It actually shows 2 problems but I fixed the second one. Now I'm trying to fix the sorting problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by prsnr, Feb 12, 2021.

1. prsnr Win User

Very strange folder behavior. File sorting problem

Hello,

Here is a video of the problem:

It actually shows 2 problems but I fixed the second one.
    Now I'm trying to fix the sorting problem.
    Please help!

:)

prsnr, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Onibot Win User

Sleep Problems - Strange wake up behaviors

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! I went into my BIOS and neither "MSI Fast Boot" or "Fast Boot" were enabled. I took a few pictures of the BIOS config and of the power-related options, and attached them below.

Very strange folder behavior. File sorting problem [​IMG]

Onibot, Feb 12, 2021
  3. sort folders and files in explorer

Hi Greg,

You can filter the folders and files in File Explorer using the Sort by option. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• What do you mean when you mentioned “files sorted by latest first”?
    • You mentioned that you were able to perform it before, which Windows version were you using that time?
    • Can you provide us a detailed description of what you would like to perform?

In the meantime, you can try the following steps:

• Go to File Explorer.
    • Click the Drive where the files and folders are saved.
    • Under Current view, click Sort by.
    • Select Name if you would like to sort it alphabetically. Choose
      Date modified or Date created if you wanted to sort it by date. Refer to the image below.

Very strange folder behavior. File sorting problem ea8092d2-1503-4ff9-b2a2-42100640d71c.png

Please take note that you can’t apply two filters at a time.

Looking forward for your response.

Kristine Arp, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Jose Est Win User

How to desegregate Folders/Files in File Explorer Sort By Functions?

Hi,

Sorting the layout of each folder is really dependent on the user's preference, that is why Windows has a variety of ways of sorting files and folders.

To sort files and folders alphanumerically together, we can try grouping it by name.

To do this, follow the steps below:

• On the folder that you want to sort, click View.
    • Look for Group by and left-click on it.
    • Select Name.

Very strange folder behavior. File sorting problem d1b579c8-659a-4dff-8380-20a72d125af9.png

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Very strange folder behavior. File sorting problem - Similar Threads - Very strange folder

2. A very Strange Problem ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A very Strange Problem ?: I installed windows 10 and then bitdefender total security and Windows defender firewall got disabled by bitdefender firewall i restart my Pc and windows 10 firewall was still disabled and bitdefender firewall was enabled for now everything is Normal i then logged with my...
  3. BitLocker - Very Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker - Very Strange Behavior: I use BitLocker to lock several external USB drives connected to my various PCs for backup purposes. All of these drives are the same Samsung SSD model T7 2TB. All of my PCs are running the 20H2 version of Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates. BitLocker recently started...
  4. Very strange problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Very strange problem: Hello everyone! *Biggrin First of all sorry if my English is not the best *Wink I have an Asus's laptop, and some days ago, I recognized that my battery charging time got a liittle bit slower. I searched how to slove it, and I found a tutorial on the Asus's site that shows...
  5. Very strange problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very strange problem: Hi, i have a problem with the PC. Within minutes of being turned on, I open a game, any one in this case, F1 2019 which works perfectly. The problem comes when I close the game I am playing, I want to open another game and it lags a lot, the sound cuts out and it is very...
  6. Very hot laptop and strange CPU behavior

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very hot laptop and strange CPU behavior: Hello, I have an asus laptop that uses the Intel Core i7 4750HQ CPU never had any problems. -I recently had a problem with the HD and decided to install a new SSD with a new Windows installation and install the old HDD simultaneously using a caddy. -A few days later I...
  7. Search Problems and strange behavior.

Search Problems and strange behavior.: Search does not work and behaves strangely 1- I click on a folder to open it. and do a search from the "Search" field in the upper right corner of the folder window It returns “No item match your search” 2- Now, I don’t touch anything else and in the same search...
  8. Very strange Windows 10 & File Explorer behavior

Very strange Windows 10 & File Explorer behavior: Sometimes, when editing/changing a file name in File Explorer the blinking vertical bar cursor does not appear invisible, so I have to use the Backspace key in Edit mode to tell where the cursor is located. Even more bizarre, some times when saving a file to an already...
  9. Strange file saving behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange file saving behavior: Weird stuff. *Mad All of a sudden I cannot save files to my HD that were scanned though Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (Distiller). The files scan fine but when I try to save them from Acrobat 5 to the HD it says file cannot be saved. Things were working fine last month. I CAN save it...
  10. Very strange problem

Very strange problem: Dear All, Please help me . Its been so many days now, I was able to use WiFi everywhere using my laptop. Suddenly one day I logged in to Office Wifi , it says " No Internet, Connected ,Secured". Diagnostics shows "One or more protocol is missing on this system..Blah"....