Windows 10: Very strange issue with bluetooth LE

Discus and support Very strange issue with bluetooth LE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am having this strange issue with my laptop. When I use XTU or Throttlestop to undervolt my machine everything works fine even under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AshrafKamal Khalid, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Very strange issue with bluetooth LE

Hi everyone,

I am having this strange issue with my laptop.

When I use XTU or Throttlestop to undervolt my machine everything works fine even under all kinds of stress tests.

However, after connecting any Bluetooth LE device (a mouse or a keyboard) the machine will work fine for around 2 hours (if I did not allow it to sleep) or 30 mins with sleep and then suddenly the "System" process starts using around 20% CPU load all the time. During this sometimes bluetooth stops, sometimes it does not but the only way to stop this now is a hard restart as Windows will hang during shutdown.

Also if I try to stop bluetooth during this it will say it is now off but I cannot turn it on again nor this stops the CPU load anyway.

I did some digging using ProcExplorer and found that the process under the ntkernel.exe that is loading the CPU is called "microsoft.legacy.bluetooth.le.enumerator.sys".

The thing is if I never undervolt my machine this never happens, If I revert the voltage offset to Zero and even remove XTU or throttlestop, still the issue with bluetooth happens (I also did a check with HWInfo to make sure voltage offset is back to default) . It is as if something was changed in the machine but I do not know what.

Also, I noticed this is only happening with LE devices normal bluetooth devices does not cause this.

Can anyone help please?

:)

AshrafKamal Khalid, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Have you tried connecting the headphones to another computer and check if it’s working fine?
    2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you with few simple steps. Kindly follow the same.

Step 1: Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth accessories.

If you can turn on Bluetooth but are having problems pairing or using a Bluetooth accessory, kindly follow the article which gives you steps on
    Audio troubleshoot problems from - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems

Step 2: There are two terms regarding Bluetooth: pairing and connecting. Pairing is the introduction of one device to another. Once paired, they will stay in each other’s memory until manually erased. Once a device
    is paired, the headset can then connect to that device to receive audio or voice from the device.

• Go into the device's paired list and manually select the Bluetooth.
    • You may need to clear your paired list in your headset and re-pair your headset to your device.
    • To clear your paired list in your headset, follow these steps: on the headset, press and hold the call and volume – buttons for 10 seconds
    • The headset will revert to discoverable mode (slowly blinking LED), allowing you to re-pair the computer you want connect.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mala. S

Microsoft Community

Mala_S, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Bluetooth LE enumerator code 10

Hi Ritesh,

To resolve your issue with Bluetooth LE enumerator, we suggest that you
    run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to check and fix issues with devices and hardware.

• Open Control Panel by right click on Start Button.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Click on the View all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Melowin Mar, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Very strange issue with bluetooth LE

Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection

I am having issues connecting my bluetooth headphones to my computer. When I go to connect using the bluetooth settings -> "Add bluetooth or other device", I am able to see my headphones in two listings: "Bose AE2 Soundlink" and "LE-Bose AE2 Soundlink".

I can connect to the "LE-Bose AE2 Soundlink", but this does not provide any audio connection between my computer and headphones. My headphones do not indicate any connection with my computer. In the Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers,
    the "LE-Bose AE2 Soundlink" is listed under "Unspecified".

I cannot connect to the "Bose AE2 Soundlink" at all. When trying to connect, the "Add bluetooth or other device" option returns with "Couldn't connect. Try connecting again".

These issues began around mid to end of October 2018. I was previously able to use my bluetooth headphones with my computer without issue. I am using Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth hardware.

I believe the issue is related to using bluetooth LE connections for headphones. I have also looked into the "Bluetooth USB module" device details in the device manager and have looked through the properties. I noted one property: "Bluetooth radio are BR
    secure connections supported" value is "<false>", while the next property: "Bluetooth radio are LE secure connections supported" value is "<true>".

I have tried to connect other bluetooth headphones with the same results as the Bose AE2 Soundlink.

Are my connection problems related to the Bluetooth LE connections? Are they related to the BR (basic rate) connections? Is this a hardware issue?

I have tried the following known resolutions, and all have failed:

1) Updating Bluetooth Drivers

2) Uninstalling and Reinstalling Bluetooth Drivers

3) Uninstalling Bluetooth Device, Forgetting all connections on bluetooth headphones, then trying to reconnect bluetooth headphones

4) Running Bluetooth troubleshooter

5) Running hardware and devices troubleshooter

CM BT issues, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Very strange issue with bluetooth LE

1. Very strange issue with bluetooth LE - Similar Threads - Very strange issue

2. Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical: General Information before I explain the problem. I use a g533 headset from Logitech, I have replaced it. That has not fixed the issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers devices and programs. None of those fixed the issue.Now for the issue. For the past few months my...
  3. Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical: General Information before I explain the problem. I use a g533 headset from Logitech, I have replaced it. That has not fixed the issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers devices and programs. None of those fixed the issue.Now for the issue. For the past few months my...
  4. Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Very strange router issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very strange router issues.: I have been having hair pulling issues with my ethernet cable. It constantly says unidentified network. It also comes up with the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". I have tried everything to fix it. I originally thought it was the fact that my wireless...
  6. Very strange problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very strange problem: Hi, i have a problem with the PC. Within minutes of being turned on, I open a game, any one in this case, F1 2019 which works perfectly. The problem comes when I close the game I am playing, I want to open another game and it lags a lot, the sound cuts out and it is very...
  7. Very strange issue I’m having.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very strange issue I’m having.: So I’m having a problem which seems like it’s me being stuck in a temporary account. But my computer never notified me that it switched and on top off that no method I’ve seen has worked thus far. Every time I turn off my computer it deletes anything within my downloads...
  8. Very very strange!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very very strange!: Using "Turn Windows features on or off" on Windows 10 Pro trying to enable Hyper-V Hypervisor. I can check all the other Hyper-V boxes, but try as I may, I am unable to put a check mark next to the Hyper-V Hypervisor option. I HAVE enabled Vt-x virtualization in BIOS, if...
  9. Very strange audio issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very strange audio issue on Windows 10: Hey everyone. Just a month ago I bought a new PC built at an Alternate store in my own country. The specs are an Intel i5 6400 core, 16GB of RAM, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 graphics card, and 120GB of SSD + 1TB of storage. My audio seems to be managed by Realtek audio....
  10. Very strange problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very strange problem: Dear All, Please help me . Its been so many days now, I was able to use WiFi everywhere using my laptop. Suddenly one day I logged in to Office Wifi , it says " No Internet, Connected ,Secured". Diagnostics shows "One or more protocol is missing on this system..Blah"....