Windows 10: VERY tricky one

Discus and support VERY tricky one in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got help here recently, and I hope the kind people on this site can help me again. I bought a used computer with Windows 10 a couple of months ago.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by verylowtech, Sep 2, 2019.

1. VERY tricky one

I got help here recently, and I hope the kind people on this site can help me again.

I bought a used computer with Windows 10 a couple of months ago. It's an HP 8100 Elite SFF. The HDD is 320 GB. It only had 4 GB RAM, so I added another 8.

Well. The computer - and I have no idea why - suddenly started hanging up every 10 or 15 seconds. This happened in all programs. Generally, when working, I only use Word and three browser windows (Firefox). I have a 4 TB external drive, and the HDD has very little on it, so it's not a matter of memory.

I did discover that although the computer now has 12 GB RAM, it was only using about 3 GB. After searching, I found this site with suggestions on how to increase RAM usage:

https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/fix-windows-10-100-disk-usage-in-task-manager.html

I used the fourth "fix". BIG mistake. The computer is now stuck in an endless cycle of restarting. Today, I tried doing a clean install of Windows 10. Not even THAT worked. I haven't the slightest idea how to get the thing to work again - I can't get into Safe Mode from BIOS, and changing the boot order from HDD to USB didn't work either. I'm completely baffled.

:)

verylowtech, Sep 2, 2019
  2. WEETJE Win User

BSOD while using bittorrent

I will do it this evening or tomorrow! I have read that it is a little bit tricky to update your BIOS. Any recommendations? Should I back-up my files, my register and my systemfiles on an external drive before I start? I this a good step-by-step manual? How to Update Your BIOS | PCWorld

WEETJE, Sep 2, 2019
  3. mharran Win User
    Windows 10 replaced Recent Folders with Quick Access. how to change 10 to 20?

For anyone still struggling with this, here is a step by step guide to

• Adding Recent Folders back to Quick Access (easy)
    • Getting Recent Folders to appear in Save As dialogs (tricky, needs registry modifactions, not to attempted unless you are comfortable modifying the Registry)
    Restoring Recent Folders (Dragonblogger.com)

mharran, Sep 2, 2019
  4. bsta Win User

VERY tricky one

Shift key doesn't always work

Thanks.

No USB keyboard. the onscreen one works okay. that's what i use in a pinch if i really need a questionmark or an 2222222222222222222222222222222222 at symbol.

I tried the drivers already. No go. I agree that taking it apart and checking connections is the logical next step. I've done it before with past laptops. I do what you suggested in watching someone else on youtube do it first so I know where the tricky screws and cables are first. Blah

bsta, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

VERY tricky one

1. VERY tricky one - Similar Threads - VERY tricky

2. PC very slow after 24H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC very slow after 24H2 update: Hi,I am having trouble using my pc after i updated to 24H2.I am having trouble doing the most basics things like open the browser or every other app on my pc.How can i fix or rollback to another version?Thank you,Ergys...
  3. PC very slow after 24H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC very slow after 24H2 update: Hi,I am having trouble using my pc after i updated to 24H2.I am having trouble doing the most basics things like open the browser or every other app on my pc.How can i fix or rollback to another version?Thank you,Ergys...
  4. the ruler in Snipping tool disappeared recently. It was a very helpful tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the ruler in Snipping tool disappeared recently. It was a very helpful tool: How can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-ruler-in-snipping-tool-disappeared-recently-it/5c1b5cec-c51f-4d64-9987-4b6dad96d53d
  5. the ruler in Snipping tool disappeared recently. It was a very helpful tool

the ruler in Snipping tool disappeared recently. It was a very helpful tool: How can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-ruler-in-snipping-tool-disappeared-recently-it/5c1b5cec-c51f-4d64-9987-4b6dad96d53d
  6. Microsoft Minesweeper very, very slow to load when I click on a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Minesweeper very, very slow to load when I click on a game: Microsoft Minesweeper is so slow at loading when I click on an individual game within minesweeper due to ads but I don't have this problem with the other Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games. It also signs me in as a Guest now & I have to click on Guest & wait for it to connect...
  7. Microsoft Minesweeper very, very slow to load when I click on a game

Microsoft Minesweeper very, very slow to load when I click on a game: Microsoft Minesweeper is so slow at loading when I click on an individual game within minesweeper due to ads but I don't have this problem with the other Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games. It also signs me in as a Guest now & I have to click on Guest & wait for it to connect...
  8. Ultimate word game is not syncing with the cloud. Very annoying as I have to "replay"the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultimate word game is not syncing with the cloud. Very annoying as I have to "replay"the...: Ultimate word game is not syncing with the cloud. Very annoying as I have to "replay"the latest games again and again. THIS IS THE PAID VERSION. Do something about it or refund the amount paid. And moreover it constantly states "we are having some problems connecting to the...
  9. Ultimate word game is not syncing with the cloud. Very annoying as I have to "replay"the...

Ultimate word game is not syncing with the cloud. Very annoying as I have to "replay"the...: Ultimate word game is not syncing with the cloud. Very annoying as I have to "replay"the latest games again and again. THIS IS THE PAID VERSION. Do something about it or refund the amount paid. And moreover it constantly states "we are having some problems connecting to the...
  10. Very wierd crashes whilst playing games please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very wierd crashes whilst playing games please help: Hello, for the past months I've been recieving multiple Window crashes when playing games.Things I've done:- Reset windows- Clean install of windows with USB- Downgrading to Windows 10- Updating graphic drivers- Running memcheck all 4 passes passedI'm seriously lost on what...