Windows 10: very unusual keyboard issue

Discus and support very unusual keyboard issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi fellow Geeks: i have been researching this for over a week prior to asking for help... Long story short…keyboard stopped working on laptop, dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joanne1960, Sep 16, 2017.

1. very unusual keyboard issue

Hi fellow Geeks: i have been researching this for over a week prior to asking for help...

Long story short…keyboard stopped working on laptop, dell 5759 touch screen..nothing on it was working…. I am rather computer savy, hence I did do they obvious things, including removing driver via device manager. Tried exterior keyboard, it would not respond either. Took it to a PC repair shop, they had it for an entire day, unable to resolve as well. Their suggestion, return it to dell have motherboard replace.

I’m not convinced its mother board. No other issues. I can use exterior mouse and OSK.
    I did a reboot and used my F2 key to get into bios. i had to press it down really hard but It got me there. It’s now doing an ePSA diagnostic scan. That’s another perplexing issue…in this screen, my arrow keys and enter key, the only ones I can use in this screen, do work!! And as I said, nothing on my keyboard works when my windows is up!
    Could a factory reset help for this?

:)

joanne1960, Sep 16, 2017

2. Touch Keyboard Settings missing

I have checked for updates and these devices are up to date. As far as I know there is no part of group policy that would limit the touch keyboard settings. I will look further into that possibility but I am very confident that is not the issue.

I am aware of the On-Screen Keyboard, but I was hoping to use the Touch Keyboard in this case. Touch Keyboard is what these nurses are used to. I have a grayed-out Full Layout Keyboard option in Touch Keyboard, just no settings to enable that option.

Anything else it might be? This seems very unusual to me.

GrahamBewley, Sep 16, 2017
  3. tbajpai Win User
    N97 Very Unusual Problem.

Can we have someone from the Nokia pay heat to this problem plz, now the new firmware ver.12 is out and it is really getting on my nerves being not able to upgrade, as the OTA upgrade for the same is not available.

tbajpai, Sep 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

very unusual keyboard issue

It might be interesting to see if it works with a boot disk - if so, you would be even more certain it's some sort of Windows related problem. And have you tried Safe Mode?

Try Kyhi's boot disk (very useful) from the top of the Software and Apps section here if you've not already got one.

You could try an in-place upgrade repair install; I assume you've already tried system restore.

dalchina, Sep 16, 2017
  5. i did try resetting it back to like a month ago, course to no avail! i will try safe mode once this scan completes, and lasty, a factory reset!

joanne1960, Sep 16, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    If it doesn't work with the boot disk, think you could be fairly sure it's a hardware problem. A factory restore or a clean install would be different from what you've tried. Safe Mode might load a different driver- I don't know.

dalchina, Sep 16, 2017
  7. they dont come with boot disk anymore...haven't seen those in awhile! it's all built in now far as i know

joanne1960, Sep 16, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 16, 2017
  9. right! i don't have a medium large enough at this time. really want to get it going today . it is nearly done with the diagnostic scan. will apparently give me error codes when it concludes. if nothing there helps me i will try the safeboot, see if i have any keyboard function there. then as last resort, the factory reset. praying this will resolve it. but not quite convinced! *Sad one other thing i noted...when i did remove my keyboard to check that all was well with that..my ribbon does have a fold/kink that it seemingly always had, wonder if that has anything to do with it! grasping at straws here, obviously..lol

joanne1960, Sep 16, 2017
  10. jonnied12 Win User
    Did you by chance ever have VMware installed?

jonnied12, Sep 20, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    You can make a boot disc or USB yourself.

For a USB, use 'Control Panel > Recovery > Create a recovery drive'. Untick 'include system files' and it will fit on the smallest of USBs.

You can also make a bootable CD/DVD from 'Control Panel > Backup & restore (Windows 7) > Create a system repair disc'. This is functionally identical to a recovery drive that doesn't include the system files.

Thema:

1. very unusual keyboard issue - Similar Threads - very unusual keyboard

2. Unusual Issue of license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual Issue of license: Hi ViewersI tried to create a bootable os with Pendrive and when I restarted by machine it asked to select a drive and I don’t know which one I selected and after that my PC is saying Windows will expire soon and this never happened I had a permanent one.Please help...
  3. Unusual Issue of license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual Issue of license: Hi ViewersI tried to create a bootable os with Pendrive and when I restarted by machine it asked to select a drive and I don’t know which one I selected and after that my PC is saying Windows will expire soon and this never happened I had a permanent one.Please help...
  4. Unusual Issue of license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. A very strange and unusual problems about apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    A very strange and unusual problems about apps: so i was working with my computer just fine, when i was about to open a program that doesn't contains GUI only command prompt interface supported by that program. yes, as you might expect. i'm opening cmd then a two windows cmd come. but i requested to start only one command...
  6. I have a very unusual issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a very unusual issue: My computer is going in for repairs so I’m working on my grandson’s computer it’s a HP 15 f387wm laptop running windows 10. The problem is the screen doesn’t work. So I’m running it through my TV. The other problem is we don’t have the password and it showing his email is the...
  7. Unusual Bluetooth Issue For Me

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual Bluetooth Issue For Me: Hi All. Sorry to bother you all again. I have a pair of Bose wireless headphones. I went to use them earlier on Youtube and the voice on the phones told me mobile device not found. I checked my Bluetooth and other Devices section and it said Bluetooth is off. The problem...
  8. Unusual Camera Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unusual Camera Issues: Hi all, So I have a desktop with a Logitech camera plugged in. I cannot seem to get it to work. It worked a few weeks ago, no issues. Now its not working. I uninstalled it via device manager (both under imaging devices and USB controllers), didn't solve it. I uninstalled...
  9. FCU upgrade Unusual Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FCU upgrade Unusual Issue: This morning I am still unable to get a complete working install of the FCU upgrade. The install has completed, I get to the place where you Put in your password for my Local Account, the screen comes up that more updates need to be installed and that process continues then...
  10. Very unusual RAM problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Very unusual RAM problem: Hello folks, I'm having a minor issue here. I'm running Windows 10, and ever since I've been running it I've encountered this in Task Manager. Now I noticed it says compressed, but I'm still unsure on wether or not my system is actually functioning properly. [img]...