Windows 10: Very upsetting Virus warning

Discus and support Very upsetting Virus warning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just got a scammy virus warning. I don't really know how in the world I managed to step into this particular bag of doo doo, but I was using the Edge... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mothra Moon, May 4, 2020.

1. Very upsetting Virus warning

I just got a scammy virus warning. I don't really know how in the world I managed to step into this particular bag of doo doo, but I was using the Edge browser and I typed in the address for linkedin. I must have been off by a ltter because all of a sudden my computer made a noise like an air raid siren or an Amber alert when your phone goes off.

Of course the volume was all the way up which, in itself is suspicious because I never have the volume up because I HATE IT when music will start playing for no reason. Anyway, I was able to close the window from the upper right corner I don't think I clicked anywhere in the message. Then I restarted my computer and emptied the cache and all my temporary internet files and garbage recycling bin. Everything appears to be fine, but I am not terrified that some trojan might be on my machine which is stealing my personal info....or something like that.

The only reall info I was able to get from my recent history was this:

In my history there was a link called "pcsecuritypro.com" /scan. index and "usd.khurshid zc visitor"

I did not dare click on it to copy and paste the link....it was long. I cannot find out anything about this thing. Hence I am on pins and needles....like I need any more panic and terror in my life right now.

Should I be panicking right now?? Just a total nightmare!!!

:)

Mothra Moon, May 4, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, May 4, 2020
  3. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Virus warning

Hello I have just clean installed Windows 10 and before I got to moving up a version to 1809 that warning came up see pics
    The first pic is the one to come up and if I click on download then I get the second warning to download some scanner.
    Very upsetting Virus warning [​IMG]

Very upsetting Virus warning [​IMG]

Sorry about the quality but any ideas why this should come up on a clean install??

ICIT2LOL, May 4, 2020
  4. VishwaRaj Win User

Very upsetting Virus warning

How To Remove Virus Completely

This is the most common cause and serious issue that your Phone is get infected by the Virus and Not Removed even after formatting, only due to some common wrong way..... Just only follow these steps to thoroughly make the Phone Virus Free.

• Remove the SD Card First.
    • Then Connect the SD CARD into the PC through the Card reader or any other Mode.....( Warning PC must not be infected by virus ).
    • Then Format the SD Card.
    • Then Format the phone.

VishwaRaj, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Very upsetting Virus warning

1. Very upsetting Virus warning - Similar Threads - Very upsetting Virus

2. Virus Warning on Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Warning on Download: I am attempting to download Ninja Remote ncinstaller-x64.exe through Attentive IT RMM, to connect to office device, but the download is blocked saying virus detected. Is there anything that can be done?...
  3. I am very upset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am very upset: Tried numerous ways in getting help to resolve an issue with absolutely no success. I need to get this done in a timely fashion, and I am very frustrated. Does anyone out there have success talking to a tech? How does one complain on total lack of service....
  4. Virus Warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Warning: Hi, I have the following Virus Warning in the centre of my screen: Virus Warning Program integrity check failed. Please check for viruses on your computer. If program is not infected, it had been patched There is a yellow exclamation mark warning symbol to the left and...
  5. Virus Warning KMSS.exe

Virus Warning KMSS.exe: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows10%E5%AE%89%E5%85%A8%E4%B8%AD%E5%BF%83/bc917951-5e17-4db4-9c01-eac7f20e699c
  6. Windows Virus Warning

Windows Virus Warning: A screen popped up on my laptop with the Windows logo saying 'Your Windows 10 is infected with (3) Viruses! Immediate removal required' There was some other info and then an Download & Fix button to click on with a count down to the left of it starting at 2 minutes and 3...
  7. Virus warning

Virus warning: Regularly receiving virus warnings from:...
  8. Virus warning

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Virus warning: I have for the last three installs puit on version 1803 and then as soon as I update the version to 1809 I get a virus warning - any ideas please could this be just a false positive?? 126079
  9. Virus Warning

Virus Warning: This may be the wrong place to ask this but I think I have the problem narrowed down to windows. I am running Windows 10 and Excel 2016. I also get this warning with Excel 2007 which I do not get on Windows 7. I have hyperlinks to executables on my local machine. They work,...
  10. virus warning

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    virus warning: I've been getting an unusally # of alerts on my coputer saying I have 3 virurs's by Microsoft upgrade now. Are the warnings for real? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-warning/5de6f3c3-4e92-450c-a599-950d50be918e"