Windows 10: Very very Low Audio on Speaker & while using Headphones / Headset

Discus and support Very very Low Audio on Speaker & while using Headphones / Headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, While using headphones / headsets I was able to listen audio clearly when volume level kept to 10, but after few days, I'm not able to hear the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AJ1_1, Nov 24, 2020.

1. AJ1_1 Win User

Very very Low Audio on Speaker & while using Headphones / Headset

Hi,

While using headphones / headsets I was able to listen audio clearly when volume level kept to 10, but after few days, I'm not able to hear the any audio clearly, need to increase the system sound level to 100 when playing any video / audio file. When listening without headset / headphones I was able to listen clear audio while playing audio / video files when volume level kept to 20%, but now, even on full volume kept to 100%, I can hear very low volume. It is difficult to play any files on laptop due to this issue. Could you please help to resolve this issue.

OS Version & Build - Win 10 Home edition, Evaluation copy Version 2004 OS Build 20262.1

I have recently, upgraded my laptop to SSD. after upgrading & updating my windows, I'm facing this issue. Laptop Model - Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series

:)

AJ1_1, Nov 24, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

Very very Low Audio on Speaker & while using Headphones / Headset [​IMG]

fireberd, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 24, 2020
  4. nvcw727 Win User

Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said low audio device volume detected, but when I increase the volume, nothing happens. Any one have any suggestions?

nvcw727, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Very very Low Audio on Speaker & while using Headphones / Headset - Similar Threads - Very very Low

2. Speakers Very Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers Very Low: Hello In Windows 10 After Windows Update Speakers Are Very Low Even Though Speakers Are On High What Should I Do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-very-low/dbdece2b-891d-40d8-8963-df5118fb45f1
  3. Speakers Very Low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers Very Low: Hello In Windows 10 After Windows Update Speakers Are Very Low Even Though Speakers Are On High What Should I Do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-very-low/dbdece2b-891d-40d8-8963-df5118fb45f1
  4. Speakers Very Low

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Very low volume and no volume after using external speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very low volume and no volume after using external speaker: I am having intermittent issues with my laptop - ever since I purchased it - an envy 13-ba0010na. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-low-volume-and-no-volume-after-using-external/a406e44f-19a6-4c27-b54a-aaa785bcd8f2
  6. New XPS13 Laptop - speakers very low

New XPS13 Laptop - speakers very low: Hello, This week my new Dell XPS13 laptop arrived, with the RealtekR Audio speakers/microphone. I didn't notice until I attempted to facilitate a Zoom meeting that the speaker/volume is very low even when at 100%; I confirmed it was low also via a YouTube video. The volume...
  7. Headphones Audio Very Quiet.

Headphones Audio Very Quiet.: Hi all. For the first time in a long time I decided to plug In earphones into my desktop. The audio I get out of it is very quiet and at full volume I have very limited sound. I tried updating drivers, disabling all audio enhancements and nothing is working. These are brand...
  8. Voice is very low and full of noisy while recording and communicating using headphone

Voice is very low and full of noisy while recording and communicating using headphone: My communication and recording ware running as expected. But after some updates from windows with my previous setting also it is giving noisy and low output. Could you please look into this as this is hampering my normal works and irritating others while communicating....
  9. have problems with the audio. can only hear headphone speaker on the left very low

have problems with the audio. can only hear headphone speaker on the left very low: have problems with audio. Headphone on the right is mute and left side is very low https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/have-problems-with-the-audio-can-only-hear/0b274c99-0921-4cb4-8429-52ff437621e7
  10. Headphones detected but very low sound

Headphones detected but very low sound: Hello. I'm having a problem with my jack port. My pc is a HP Pavilion 15 b119sl running Windows 10. Since two days ago, my jack port stopped working, hearphones are detected by system because when I plug them in, my volume level changes as always, but they're not listed in...