Windows 10: Very, very odd issue with audio playback

Discus and support Very, very odd issue with audio playback in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I've ran into my share of quirky issues with windows 10 thus far, but none as interesting, frustrating, and quirky as this one. I use iPhone 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pajohn18, Aug 29, 2015.

1. pajohn18 Win User

Very, very odd issue with audio playback

So I've ran into my share of quirky issues with windows 10 thus far, but none as interesting, frustrating, and quirky as this one.

I use iPhone 5 Earpods (if that is the correct name), though I don't think that is relevant to the issue here. When I am playing music it generally sounds HiFi-ish. There's essentially no bass to it. I haven't used a laptop to play music is quite a while so I wasn't sure if that was what they had sounded like (I much prefer some my Sony MDRs and sound card on the desktop). So I went into the 'Sound' menu and was trying to see if there was an equalizer or config options to change. Nothing helpful. The Earpods do have a microphone on them, and the laptop detects it. I go to the 'microphone' tab and the playback suddenly changes to what the headphones sound like. I haven't the slightest clue what's going on or how to fix it, so I've come here.

SHORT STORY: I own iPhone Earpods. Laptop sound playback is all treble (they have small subs in them). In Windows default sound menu, when the 'microphone' tab is open, I get the correct audio definition. What in the world is going on, and how do I fix it?

Visual aide attached.

:)

pajohn18, Aug 29, 2015

2. n73 - very odd issue!

Hi,

This really seems to be very odd ! Did you check the Call Log (All Communication details) for the dialled number? Or what if you might have entered the Number incorrect in a hurry? There is no option to retreive the dialled number from the handset
    unless you haven't cleared the Log. If you haven't cleared the Log, then check the Log for the number.

"If this post helped you solve your query, please do click the KUDOS tab."

sujaythelibran, Aug 29, 2015
  3. rswright Win User
    n73 - very odd issue!

I will add that after checking my log, it's apparent none of the calls I made that night appear to be logged. It's simply a black hole, none of the texts, or the calls appear there. They begin appearing the next morning suddenly?

rswright, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

Very, very odd issue with audio playback

1. Very, very odd issue with audio playback - Similar Threads - Very very odd

2. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  3. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  4. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HDR is very odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR is very odd: Im using a LG ultragear 1440p HDR monitor and when I enable HDR the screen is more yellow (even whites) and the brightness adjusts automatically based off whats on the screen. I had hulu open on half my monitor and it was full black and I minimized it and everything else got...
  6. Something very odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something very odd.: I went on my computer and turned on Task Manager and found a process going by "WaasMedic Agent Exe" i don't remember downloading anything yesterday. Is this something bad?[IMG]...
  7. Very odd internet disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very odd internet disconnects: Hello everyone and thanks in advance. I am having an issue with my Ethernet internet connection dropping (Windows 10) if i open any game applications that require internet connection. IE, Joining a server, Sitting in a server list waiting for a spot, Leaving a server and...
  8. Very odd Issue during TWO-STEP Authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Very odd Issue during TWO-STEP Authentication: I DID NOT KNOW HOW TO CLASSIFY THIS!! I used 2 step verification while logging into my Google account (which is my Microsoft account). As I authenticated, I got a pop up on my phone as a security warning asking if I just logged in via my LG Nexus 5 phone. The problem is I...
  9. Very odd network activity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very odd network activity: When I turned on my computer (bottom-end Toshiba laptop) today I got the Welcome screen in reasonable time, but after I pressed Enter to get the password screen I was presented with a black screen with a cursor, and the router's light for the computer started blinking...
  10. Very very weird issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Very very weird issue: I bet you never heard of that... every time i turn on the computer, everything runs slow, very slow, like if in place of my Samsung 850 pro SSD, there would be a floppy disk unit... but, and this is the weird part, if I launch an utility called passmark performance test,...