Windows 10: Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached

Discus and support Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Lately, my computer will not boot up when my external hard drives are attached. And sometimes even when they are not, I can't boot up without turning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BryantWarren1, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached

Lately, my computer will not boot up when my external hard drives are attached. And sometimes even when they are not, I can't boot up without turning the computer on and off until I go to create a restore point. This shouldn't happen and I am wondering if it is the Windows Updates.I've scoured YouTube and the internet but no one really has a solution.Anybody ran into this problem and if so, what could it be?

:)

BryantWarren1, Mar 4, 2022
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Mar 4, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Laptop won't boot with new external hard drive attached.

The problem is probably in your BIOS . . .

• Plug in the external HDD
    • Boot into BIOS
    • Make sure the external drive is not above your internal HDD in the boot order list
    • Enable or disable USB Legacy Boot, whichever setting allows your system to boot with the external HDD plugged in . . .

DaveM121, Mar 4, 2022
  4. Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached

Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

Lenovo Support – Drivers, Updates, How-To Guides, Technical Help and more - Lenovo Support IN

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Mar 4, 2022
Thema:

Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached

1. Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached - Similar Threads - Very Very Very

2. Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive very slow: I recently got a new HDD. It was a replacement for my old 500GB seagate momentus thin. but the problem is, with the new Toshiba 1TB HDD I got, The speeds are very slow. I use a website that compares pc parts and it says the new HDD is...
  3. Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive very slow: I recently got a new HDD. It was a replacement for my old 500GB seagate momentus thin. but the problem is, with the new Toshiba 1TB HDD I got, The speeds are very slow. I use a website that compares pc parts and it says the new HDD is...
  4. Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached: Lately, my computer will not boot up when my external hard drives are attached. And sometimes even when they are not, I can't boot up without turning the computer on and off until I go to create a restore point. This shouldn't happen and I am wondering if it is the Windows...
  6. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  7. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  8. Very slow boot up

Very slow boot up: Hello, I recently updated my windows 10 to its latest version, but after I updated it, my pc began to boot up so very slow. It would take up to less than an hour or 30 mins. I already tried doing what I had read in this article...
  9. Boot is very slow

Boot is very slow: Hi I have a problem with my PC. I've recently updated my windows using windows settings.Everything is fine but my PC boots very slow after updating. I disabled apps with high impact in startup settings and I also reset my PC but nothing changed. I changed the boot...
  10. Very slow boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot up: For a couple of months now my computer has been booting up very slowly, and by this i mean 2 to 5 min. I have spent much of the time since this started researching what is causing it. I cant seem to find anyone else who has the same problem as most people crash where as i...