Windows 10: Very weird problem and only happens at the start menu

Discus and support Very weird problem and only happens at the start menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MoeNancy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MoeNancy, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Very weird problem and only happens at the start menu

/u/MoeNancy, Dec 5, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Weird start menu problem, I've been searching for hours

Hi, the 2nd picture is not a current start menu picture- and certainly not related to the anniversary edition- assuming you have the anniversary edition that is. (build 14393.51).

'All apps' has vanished from the start menu in the current build- that was in build 1511 from November 2015 until August 2nd when the new build was released. MS now lists all items the start menu finds as per your 1st picture. If you want something different, you'll need a replacement 3rd party start menu.

(I see 3 icons to the left of the list of programs in my Win 10 start menu- this is configurable in Settings, search for choose which folders..).

So your picture is of the current start menu, anniversary edition.

Suggest it's worth searching the internet for articles on what's changed in the anniversary edition.

dalchina, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Start menu search problems

Hi Michael,

In order for us to better assist you, we would like to ask few questions:

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Since you're having issues with the Start menu, we suggest checking this
    article
    and follow the methods provided to troubleshoot Start menu.

Update us on the outcome.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Very weird problem and only happens at the start menu

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Very weird problem and only happens at the start menu

1. Very weird problem and only happens at the start menu - Similar Threads - Very weird problem

2. Very very weird problem with my mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very very weird problem with my mouse: Some days ago I plugged the main m.2SSD of a friend in my pc forgetting to remove my main sata ssd from the mobo, I got some problems and had to remove the m.2 and restart the bios, once i got back on windows I saw that I could open the apps on the task bar double clicking...
  3. Very very weird problem with my mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very very weird problem with my mouse: Some days ago I plugged the main m.2SSD of a friend in my pc forgetting to remove my main sata ssd from the mobo, I got some problems and had to remove the m.2 and restart the bios, once i got back on windows I saw that I could open the apps on the task bar double clicking...
  4. Very very weird problem with my mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Weird Menu Bar Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Menu Bar Problem: The menu bar i.e. File - Edit...etc. in just two applications is corrupted somehow. I can click on File and Edit and the dropdown works fine, but when clicking any other item, the dropdown flashes on and off and then a completely different dropdown appears. I am unable to use...
  6. Very weird but serious problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very weird but serious problem: My gaming computer is a year old and now its slow and deleting files.Files that I created are deleted, the files that I deleted came back...I created two bait text files to see if it would do the same and it did. Text files were gone. I also deleted two pictures to see if...
  7. This very weird thing happens to me, WHY?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This very weird thing happens to me, WHY?: This thing is happening to me, if I hover over an app then move away my cursor, this happens. It stops every time I restart my laptop, my comes back in a bit, it may sound as a small thing, but is blocks words, and isannoying overall. Please If you have a fix tell me, I can't...
  8. I'm having a very weird problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having a very weird problem: So my computer is making white noise. Not the hardware itself, it is digitally making it. It just randomly happens and won't go away. And it's not just pure white noise, there's some other types of noise as well. It just started yesterday. It isnt a problem with the...
  9. weird problems with start menu and settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird problems with start menu and settings: Its my first post in this subreddit so be kind. I do tech support, so for me this one is weird In the last couple of days my main win10 machine has problem with the start power icon having no effect(right clicking works) and if i go to settings i can't type anything into the...
  10. Weird Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Start Menu: Hi Guys This is my first post so please be gentle with me. I've been a member for a while now and before making my first post i've used the search facility until i ran out of keywords to use and couldn't find anything similar to my problem. I have virtually no tiles...