Windows 10: VESA Defines DisplayHDR version v1.0 Standard

Discus and support VESA Defines DisplayHDR version v1.0 Standard in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; DisplayHDR is industry’s first open HDR specification with a fully transparent testing methodology SAN JOSE, Calif. – December 11, 2017 – The Video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

VESA Defines DisplayHDR version v1.0 Standard

Source: VESA Defines New Standard to Help Speed PC Industry Adoption of High Dynamic Range Technology in Laptop and Desktop Monitor Displays | VESA

See also:

:)

Brink, Dec 11, 2017
  2. G.Ilex Win User

Dock sound problem

It's a 16:10 (VESA standard) monitor or it uses that ratio.

If your monitor supports the CEA resolutions, then you would typically get (Full HD, 1920 x 1080) video with audio if the monitor has speakers

However, if the monitor only supports VESA resolutions your are out of luck the VESA standards do not support audio.

G.Ilex, Dec 11, 2017
  3. I can’t hear any sound when connecting Windows 10 Mobile to a monitor

Hello Chari,

About your concern, if there is no sound at all from either the phone or the monitor, first double-check the volume and mute settings on both the phone and the monitor. If those are correct, check if your monitor has an audio output port such as a 3.5 mm
    jack. If it does, it is likely that the sound is being sent to that – try plugging in headphones or speakers to that jack.

If sound is coming only from the phone and not the external speakers, it is likely that the native resolution of your TV or monitor is one for which audio is not supported. The table below lists all the video resolutions supported by the Lumia 950 and 950XL
    phones along with audio support for each resolution. When the 950/950XL is connected to a display with a resolution that is not on this list, the phone will pick the next best resolution that has the same aspect ratio – for example a 1920x1080 image will be
    sent to a 4K (3840x2160) display. For all resolutions that do not support audio, the sound will only be heard from the phone or speakers that are connected to the phone.

Resolution
    Standard
    Audio Support

640x480
    CEA
    Yes

720x480
    CEA
    Yes

720x576
    CEA
    Yes

1280x1024
    VESA
    No

1280x720
    CEA
    Yes

1280x768
    VESA
    No

1280x800
    VESA
    No

1280x960
    VESA
    No

1366x768
    VESA
    No

1400x1050
    VESA
    No

1440x900
    VESA
    No

1680x1050
    VESA
    No

1920x1080
    CEA
    Yes

1920x1200
    VESA
    No

Regards.

Rowena Cam, Dec 11, 2017
Thema:

VESA Defines DisplayHDR version v1.0 Standard

1. VESA Defines DisplayHDR version v1.0 Standard - Similar Threads - VESA Defines DisplayHDR

2. Open app with defined window size and on defined position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open app with defined window size and on defined position: Hello,how can be possible in Win10 and Win111. Open app with defined window size only an example: open MS Word with window size x700,y600,2. Open app to defined position on desktop only an example: Open MS Word app left top corner to desktop position x20,y10,3. It are...
  3. Open app with defined window size and on defined position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open app with defined window size and on defined position: Hello,how can be possible in Win10 and Win111. Open app with defined window size only an example: open MS Word with window size x700,y600,2. Open app to defined position on desktop only an example: Open MS Word app left top corner to desktop position x20,y10,3. It are...
  4. Open app with defined window size and on defined position

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. is it normal for vesa arms to not tilt down?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    is it normal for vesa arms to not tilt down?: so i am the first time owner of a desk clamp vesa mount (This one) And i notice one thing about it, i can tilt upwatds just great but i cannot tilt it down past 90 degrees or head on. it also cant bend low so its only good for certain scenarios [img] [img] as seen here...
  6. DTS HEADPHONE X V1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DTS HEADPHONE X V1: MY LAPTOP MODEL ID ASUS TUF FX705DY. DTS HEADPHONE X V1 NOT RESPONDING INTERNAL SPEAKER, INITIYALIY IT WAS RESPONDING BUT AFTER UNINSTALLING THE AUDIO DRIVER AND REINSTALLING IT IT HAS NOT DETECTING INTERNAL SPEAKER....
  7. VESA announces DisplayPort 2.0 standard with 16K HDR display support

in Windows 10 News
    VESA announces DisplayPort 2.0 standard with 16K HDR display support: SAN JOSE, Calif. – June 26, 2019 – The Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA®) today announced that it has released version 2.0 of the DisplayPort™ (DP) audio/video standard. DP 2.0 is the first major update to the DisplayPort standard since March 2016, and provides...
  8. Kinect v1 for streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kinect v1 for streaming: Hello everyone! I try to install my old kinect v1 (model 1414) as a web cam to start streaming on twitch... I cant find a way to get an image from it...i've install kinect for window sdk v1,8 several time but i always have no driver for the cam... I run windows 10 with usb2...
  9. SMB v1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMB v1: How do I enable SMB v1 on my windows 10 computers Please,, plain english Thanks for any help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb-v1/f4c8d9ed-2619-4225-b5d1-471592fbd837"
  10. VESA Publishes DisplayPort Standard Version 1.4

in Windows 10 News
    VESA Publishes DisplayPort Standard Version 1.4: DP 1.4 features Display Stream Compression 1.2 transport, Forward Error Correction, enhanced display resolution and expanded audio transport capabilities SAN JOSE, Calif. – March 1, 2016 – The Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA®) today announced it has published...