Windows 10: VESA Publishes DisplayPort Standard Version 1.4

Discus and support VESA Publishes DisplayPort Standard Version 1.4 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; DP 1.4 features Display Stream Compression 1.2 transport, Forward Error Correction, enhanced display resolution and expanded audio transport... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

VESA Publishes DisplayPort Standard Version 1.4

Source: VESA Publishes DisplayPort™ Standard Version 1.4 | VESA

:)

Brink, Mar 1, 2016

2. HDR won't enable!

Mystery solved.

It turns out. HDR will only enable if your Graphics Card or Motherboard has HDMI 2.0 or newer that supports HDR10.

If you're using DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 Adapter. It won't enable HDR10. Because, the Adapter use DisplayPort 1.2. Which means DisplayPort 1.2 does not support HDR10. Only DisplayPort 1.4 or newer support HDR10.

I don't think there was DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0 Adapter. If there was one. Please reply with the link.

ABOhiccups, Mar 1, 2016
  3. G.Ilex Win User
    Dock sound problem

It's a 16:10 (VESA standard) monitor or it uses that ratio.

If your monitor supports the CEA resolutions, then you would typically get (Full HD, 1920 x 1080) video with audio if the monitor has speakers

However, if the monitor only supports VESA resolutions your are out of luck the VESA standards do not support audio.

G.Ilex, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

VESA Publishes DisplayPort Standard Version 1.4

1. VESA Publishes DisplayPort Standard Version 1.4 - Similar Threads - VESA Publishes DisplayPort

2. 4 BSOD in 1 day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4 BSOD in 1 day: Hello,Can someone please help me to identify what is happening. i got 4 BSOD in 1 day while gaming. I have saved the .DMP files here. Please help.This is my 3rd attempti have installed new version of windowsi have created different user profilesi have run the Memtest 86i have...
  3. is it normal for vesa arms to not tilt down?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    is it normal for vesa arms to not tilt down?: so i am the first time owner of a desk clamp vesa mount (This one) And i notice one thing about it, i can tilt upwatds just great but i cannot tilt it down past 90 degrees or head on. it also cant bend low so its only good for certain scenarios [img] [img] as seen here...
  4. Error code 1-4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 1-4: I keep getting this error for Windows Mixed Reality Check your display cable Make sure your display cable is plugged in correctly it is Error Code 1-4 I’ve tried restarting my PC unplugging it and plugging it back in and nothing works, Any fix?...
  5. Paid for Forza Horizon 4 Standard

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Paid for Forza Horizon 4 Standard: I just paid for Forza Horizon 4 Standard Edition, after going through 3 different e-mails not being able to verify them because my old Phone number is in use, and I have to wait a month for the 'security' settings to change to an alternative e-mail. I wonder, if I buy a...
  6. Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 1) to Displayport external display not recognised in windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 1) to Displayport external display not recognised in windows...: I am attempting to connect my 2012 unibody non-retina Macbook pro to an external display. MacOS runs flawlessly on the external display connected using a Mini-DisplayPort (mac-side) to DisplayPort (external monitor-side) cable. Windows 10, however, fails to recognize the...
  7. VESA announces DisplayPort 2.0 standard with 16K HDR display support

in Windows 10 News
    VESA announces DisplayPort 2.0 standard with 16K HDR display support: SAN JOSE, Calif. – June 26, 2019 – The Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA®) today announced that it has released version 2.0 of the DisplayPort™ (DP) audio/video standard. DP 2.0 is the first major update to the DisplayPort standard since March 2016, and provides...
  8. downloaded wrong version of microsoft publisher

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloaded wrong version of microsoft publisher: I downloaded microsoft publisher for PC instead of mac. Been on hold for 20 mins https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-wrong-version-of-microsoft-publisher/b280eb36-8afc-4117-a024-b05e9b71e70c
  9. Displayport versions and cables

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Displayport versions and cables: I have an Acer XB270HU (displayport only) display that I was driving happily with a pair of 780s in SLI, but now I've built a new rig based on a Gigibyte GA-Z270X Gaming 5. I'm so far only using motherboard video, but while I can put HDMI out to a different monitor, I can't...
  10. VESA Defines DisplayHDR version v1.0 Standard

in Windows 10 News
    VESA Defines DisplayHDR version v1.0 Standard: DisplayHDR is industry’s first open HDR specification with a fully transparent testing methodology SAN JOSE, Calif. – December 11, 2017 – The Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA®) today announced it has defined the display industry’s first fully open standard...