Windows 10: Vesion 10 error msg 8 of 24- Clipboard Item not collected delete items to increase...

Discus and support Vesion 10 error msg 8 of 24- Clipboard Item not collected delete items to increase... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when trying to "prt scr" the error message appears 8 of 24- Clipboard Item not collected: Delete items to increase available space I find references... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SandraDuBois, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Vesion 10 error msg 8 of 24- Clipboard Item not collected delete items to increase...

when trying to "prt scr" the error message appears

8 of 24- Clipboard Item not collected: Delete items to increase available space

I find references to the error as old as 2008, but nothing recent that answers what to do next

can I clear the Clipboard? how?

if not can I increase Clipboard size?

tnx

:)

SandraDuBois, Dec 4, 2018

2. Increase recent items list

I would like to increase the size of the recent items list. I find this recommendation in several p0laces:

Note: By default 10 most recent items are shown in Jump List for any application. You can however, change the number from default 10 to something else.
    How to change the number of recent items to display in Jump Lists using Registry edit:
    Press Windows + R keys, type in regedit and press Enter.
    Navigate to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    In the right pane double click on the Start_JumpListItems to modify it.
    Enter a number between 0 to 60.
    Restart the computer.
    Windows 10 Tutorials 81 – Change the Number of Recent Items to Display in Jump Lists

However I have done that and the recent items list stays at 15. How can I increase it?

woldsweather, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Increase recent items list

Vesion 10 error msg 8 of 24- Clipboard Item not collected delete items to increase... [​IMG]

Vesion 10 error msg 8 of 24- Clipboard Item not collected delete items to increase... [​IMG]

Yes that's what I have

woldsweather, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Bucky Win User

Vesion 10 error msg 8 of 24- Clipboard Item not collected delete items to increase...

Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists

As title says I'm wanting to know if there's a way to increase the amount of items can be stuffed into a taskbar jumplist.

My reason is, I've used the jumplist feature in Windows 7 for Steam to give quicker access to some of the options you can only access by right-clicking the tray icon (i.e., set friends status to online/away/offline, open settings, server browser, screenshots, etc.) using these settings:

In Windows 7 all of these options were displayed in the jump list with the last launched game at the top, in Windows 8/8.1 it seemed that they lowered the number of jumplist items by 1, as I no longer had the most recent game at the top, in Windows 10 Tech Preview, it was the same as Windows 8 until a recent build which redecorated all of the jumplists.

Now I'm left with these options:

Thanks!

Bucky, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Vesion 10 error msg 8 of 24- Clipboard Item not collected delete items to increase...

1. Vesion 10 error msg 8 of 24- Clipboard Item not collected delete items to increase... - Similar Threads - Vesion error msg

2. Items on clipboard in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items on clipboard in Windows 10.: I am working on Windows 10. When I open some documents, especially in excel, and close it, it is stated that I have items in/on my clipboard and I am asked whether it should be retained or not. How can I put this frustrating message off....
  3. Items on clipboard in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Items on clipboard in Windows 10.: I am working on Windows 10. When I open some documents, especially in excel, and close it, it is stated that I have items in/on my clipboard and I am asked whether it should be retained or not. How can I put this frustrating message off....
  4. Items on clipboard in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Un-copied items in clipboard ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Un-copied items in clipboard ?: Opened my clipboard, first time for ages, and found loads of items I had never copied myself. Some were sender's addresses I had cut from emails before forwarding them to others. Is there a way to stop copying at the same time as cutting ? Others were bits from websites I had...
  6. "Item Collected" Clipboard Notification not showing up anymore

"Item Collected" Clipboard Notification not showing up anymore: Whenever I copy a text onto clipboard the yellow notification that the item is collected is no longer popping up. I've turned Clipboard history off and on again and it's still not working. It has all of a sudden stopped working. I'm not sure what to do....
  7. Windows 2004 Clipboard History deletes pinned items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 2004 Clipboard History deletes pinned items: I tried to post this a few days ago, but a power shutdown at the same time that I clicked on the "Submit" button might deleted it. I've noticed after the update of 2004, that each time I start my computer the pinned items in the Clipboard History are just empty rectangles....
  8. Clipboard continually collects items until full.

Clipboard continually collects items until full.: When using microsoft's copy and paste functions, if i take more than 1 seconds to paste the information where I want it to be, microsoft will replace my copied information with:...
  9. "24 of 24 Item not collected" sidebar - Clipboard experience is already turned off

"24 of 24 Item not collected" sidebar - Clipboard experience is already turned off: How do I permanently disable the Office clipboard? I've set the clipboard experience settings to "off" on EVERYTHING, but the clipboard is still filling up in Office. I've turned off the sidebar/taskbar popup inside Office, but this is another operating system...
  10. prior "copy (to clipboard)" items

prior "copy (to clipboard)" items: question concerning the 'clipboard' function in Windows 10: as has happened many times while making a fairly long response to a post on FB (having suffered the very frustrating experience of completely 'losing' a response i had spent some time crafting); after cursing Mark...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clipboard item not collected error

2. Windows 10 Clipboard Item not collected Delete items to

3. item not collected clipboard error

4. item not collected: format not supported by office clipboard,
  5. 24 out of 24 clipboard,
  6. clipboard prompting items not collected windows 10,
  7. item not collected delete items to inc,
  8. clip not collected delete items,
  9. WINDOWS CLIPBOARD ITEM NOT COLLECTED,
  10. Item not collected message from Clipboard,
  11. 24 of 24 clipboard item collected,