Windows 10: VGA card not supported by UEFI driver

Discus and support VGA card not supported by UEFI driver in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I set boot to Windows UEFI mode. When booting I get a message that VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver and CSM has been enabled. This makes the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rrgord, Oct 11, 2021.

1. rrgord Win User

VGA card not supported by UEFI driver

I set boot to Windows UEFI mode. When booting I get a message that VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver and CSM has been enabled. This makes the PC unable to be upgraded to Windows 11 because CSM has to be disabled. The video card is Geforce GTX 780 which I am using temporarily until the prices for more recent cards come down. From what I have read this card is supported by UEFI bios. Is there a fix for this problem? I also have a Geforce 1080 card that I could use if the 780 problem can't be fixed.

:)

rrgord, Oct 11, 2021
  2. Hood Win User

”VGA vars is not supported by UEFI driver.”

I don't understand your title. What is VGA vars? If you can enter the BIOS, go to the boot tab, and see what your 1st boot option is. If it's not your Windows boot drive, change it. If your boot drive isn't showing up, you probably have a drive failure. Much more info is needed, like how does the GPU relate to this problem? If you just swapped in an older video card, it's BIOS might not support UEFI, and you'll have to use legacy mode for motherboard BIOS.

3. Caring1 Win User
    ”VGA vars is not supported by UEFI driver.”

VGA BIOS is not supported?
    Sounds like W10 updated a graphics driver issue to me, let us know the system details so we can assist with more accurate answers please.

Caring1, Oct 11, 2021
  4. VGA card not supported by UEFI driver

Hang While Install AMD VGA Drivers

Hello,

There are possible reasons why you're experiencing slow performance after updating your AMD VGA drivers. This might be because that specific driver is not compatible with the version of Windows 10 that you have right now.

There are several workarounds for us to get this fixed. In the meantime, we suggest that you update drivers to enhance the compatibility of the programs to help to speed up the performance.

Click here
    to see the steps.

We also suggest that you download the updated driver program from the AMD VGA support site. If you're still experiencing the same issue after updating drivers, we recommend that you uninstall first your AMD VGA and check if you're still having slow
    performance. This is for us to isolate the cause of the issue.

Please update us with the result.

Lawrence Lib, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

VGA card not supported by UEFI driver

1. VGA card not supported by UEFI driver - Similar Threads - VGA card supported

2. VGA card not supported by UEFI driver weird pixelation????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA card not supported by UEFI driver weird pixelation????: This randomly began happening last night, and I hoped to god it was just my **** power supply giving out. It seems to be an issue with my graphics card but hopefully a software issue?? It seemed to randomly boot up and display clearly with pixels after getting this error...
  3. VGA card not supported by UEFI driver weird pixelation????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VGA card not supported by UEFI driver weird pixelation????: This randomly began happening last night, and I hoped to god it was just my **** power supply giving out. It seems to be an issue with my graphics card but hopefully a software issue?? It seemed to randomly boot up and display clearly with pixels after getting this error...
  4. Video card not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video card not supported: Hi, hoping someone may be able to clarify an issue with my home PC for me. My daughter went to play The Sims and as she launched it a message popped up saying the video card was not supported. She has played the same games on this PC numerous times. The screen then crashed...
  5. VGA card not supported by UEFI driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VGA card not supported by UEFI driver: I set boot to Windows UEFI mode. When booting I get a message that VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver and CSM has been enabled. This makes the PC unable to be upgraded to Windows 11 because CSM has to be disabled. The video card is Geforce GTX 780 which I am using...
  6. driver support card change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    driver support card change: I need to change my card info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-support-card-change/415cbf16-aef6-43aa-b533-5724b28c2017
  7. Canceled Driver support that still charging my card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canceled Driver support that still charging my card: I have canceled my driver support account some time ago, but, they still charging my account every month. I am having trouble to cancel it again. I am very upset even becaus I have already uninstal the application!...
  8. UEFI : The disk layout for UEFI firmware isn't supported.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI : The disk layout for UEFI firmware isn't supported.: Windows won't update and I get the above message. This is my Windows info [ATTACH] What do I need to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uefi-the-disk-layout-for-uefi-firmware-isnt/1a7e5683-4863-4c1f-b2e9-89e6918e8135
  9. USB2.0 to VGA drivers problem

USB2.0 to VGA drivers problem: Hello All, hope you can help me. I have a quite old lappy now but I am trying to extend to another screen but for some reason its not working when it did before. Here is a screeny of my hardware and software. [img] Here is the drivers for the USB2.0 to VGA [img] when its...
  10. SD Card Support !#$%#$

SD Card Support !#$%#$: Bloody microsoft.. I've googled and googled and the only way I can get write access to MY SD card is through editing the registry... are you really going to tell me that writing to my own SD card is some kind of security risk? Also now I am not even able to READ the SD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vga efi driver

2. the vga card is not supported by uefi driver insys