Windows 10: VGA connect from PC to TV

Discus and support VGA connect from PC to TV in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a VGA port on both my desktop PC and my TV (I believe 15 pin). I am thinking about getting a long (10 ft)VGA cord and connecting my PC to the TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by huffman, Jul 14, 2019.

1. huffman Win User

VGA connect from PC to TV

I have a VGA port on both my desktop PC and my TV (I believe 15 pin). I am thinking about getting a long (10 ft)VGA cord and connecting my PC to the TV so I can watch movies on full screen on the tv.

Has anyone ever done this? If so what kind of problems can I expect. I believe I will have to set the TV to RGB in order to have the TV act as my monitor. I think for sound on the tv I will have to also get a sound cable??

Is the quality of the VGA cable important?

Information please.

:)

huffman, Jul 14, 2019

2. VGA Connection

I am trying to display my iPhone onto a LG TV that is connected to a PC using Windows 10. The phone is connected to the Apple lightening to VGA adapter cable and into the VGA cable that's plugged into the back of the computer. The connection will not display
    the iPhone, any suggestions?

Lauren Nielsen, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Gil deG Win User
    VGA Port Connecting to TV Screen

Hi Peter,

The VGA port on your computer is the port where your monitor is connected.

You may use a VGA to HDMI cable to connect to your TV, sometimes some computer has already HDMI port.

We suggest that you contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance if your computer has HDMI port.

If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to post back here.

Gil deG, Jul 14, 2019
  4. VGA connect from PC to TV

Connecting old laptop (Win10) to TV with VGA. Screen resolution.

Hi Ugne,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Is there any option to set the screen sizing options in TV, if there please try performing the changes and check?
    I would suggest you to check if the issue resolves in Safe Mode with networking.

• Remove all the externally connected device.
    • Place the Laptop in Safe mode and then connect the laptop to the TV via VGA cable and check.
    Refer this article to boot to safe mode with networking:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

VGA connect from PC to TV

1. VGA connect from PC to TV - Similar Threads - VGA connect

2. Problem Regarding Connection Between Computer and TV via VGA Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Regarding Connection Between Computer and TV via VGA Cable: I just bought a brand new VGA cord and am trying to display my computer to my TV but it is not working. The tv is on PC input and VGA cord is hooked up to the computer and TV but the screen is reading no signal. What do i do?...
  3. Problem Regarding Connection Between Computer and TV via VGA Cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Regarding Connection Between Computer and TV via VGA Cable: I just bought a brand new VGA cord and am trying to display my computer to my TV but it is not working. The tv is on PC input and VGA cord is hooked up to the computer and TV but the screen is reading no signal. What do i do?...
  4. how do i use my tv as a monitor while connected via VGA plug?Iam currently running windows 7.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i use my tv as a monitor while connected via VGA plug?Iam currently running windows 7.: how do i use my tv as a monitor while connected via VGA plug?Iam currently running windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-my-tv-as-a-monitor-while-connected/e1626c4f-563c-4d82-8ef3-4115e194761f
  5. how do i use my tv as a monitor while connected via VGA plug?Iam currently running windows 7.

how do i use my tv as a monitor while connected via VGA plug?Iam currently running windows 7.: how do i use my tv as a monitor while connected via VGA plug?Iam currently running windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-my-tv-as-a-monitor-while-connected/e1626c4f-563c-4d82-8ef3-4115e194761f
  6. only analog connection VGA cable is working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    only analog connection VGA cable is working: After update to 22H2 my display can only be detected through VGA cable, I was using display port before update. uninstalling latest windows update22H2 wont get it to work again DP.i have both cables connected now but only Analog driver can be installed, if i remove the VGA...
  7. only analog connection VGA cable is working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only analog connection VGA cable is working: After update to 22H2 my display can only be detected through VGA cable, I was using display port before update. uninstalling latest windows update22H2 wont get it to work again DP.i have both cables connected now but only Analog driver can be installed, if i remove the VGA...
  8. only analog connection VGA cable is working

9. So I bought a windows 10 pro pc but can’t connect through hdmi only vga

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I bought a windows 10 pro pc but can’t connect through hdmi only vga: So I bought a new pc with windows 10 pro and the guy said I have to switch from pc vga to gpu hdmi but idk h https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-bought-a-windows-10-pro-pc-but-cant-connect/b540c690-10b2-45a8-99b2-8d9885339392
  10. So I bought a windows 10 pro pc but can’t connect through hdmi only vga

So I bought a windows 10 pro pc but can’t connect through hdmi only vga: So I bought a new pc with windows 10 pro and the guy said I have to switch from pc vga to gpu hdmi but idk h https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-bought-a-windows-10-pro-pc-but-cant-connect/b540c690-10b2-45a8-99b2-8d9885339392