Windows 10: VGA for Second Monitor is not detecting After 7/7/20 Security Intelligence update microsoft...

Discus and support VGA for Second Monitor is not detecting After 7/7/20 Security Intelligence update microsoft... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I attempted to start my morning remote office work day I got a prompt that a security update had been performed. then I noticed my Second monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BadTouch, Jul 7, 2020.

1. BadTouch Win User

VGA for Second Monitor is not detecting After 7/7/20 Security Intelligence update microsoft...

When I attempted to start my morning remote office work day I got a prompt that a security update had been performed. then I noticed my Second monitor was not working. I checked the cables for power and it had power. I checked the VGA cable and no issues when connecting to another system. even tried multiple monitors. tried to see if my driver was out of date its up to date with no roll back option. checked troubleshoot option on Microsoft and no resolution.

My wifi dual monitor will still work but again I need help getting my grb to detect my second monitor. thanks for any help.

:)

BadTouch, Jul 7, 2020

2. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Windows can't detect a VGA monitor

Period. It doesn't matter if I disconnect the other monitor. It just doesn't detect VGA. All drivers are up to date. Not only is it a new PC, but I double checked just to be sure. I'm reasonably computer literate. Nothing works. As usual with Windows,
    a solid 30% of all help menu suggestions simply don't exist. You know the ones. "Go to Device Manager - Display - then click Settings on the right," when there is no Settings on the right. So let's keep everything existent in the physical world for this
    thread, just for everybody's benefit.

Furthermore, a lot of people are saying to Windows button + P, then click Extend. This raises two problems. First, it doesn't detect the VGA on its own anyway, so extending things isn't important at this point. But for the record: second, Extend doesn't
    even remain clicked unless it ALREADY DETECTS A SECOND MONITOR, so that suggestion is rather redundant, I'd say.

I've also seen people say to ensure it's not the Generic PnP driver displaying the monitors, but that it's done through the graphics card. I see no option for this, nor do I understand why it should need one.

So I guess this is a suggestion as well as a question.

Question: how do I make Windows 10 detect VGA?

Suggestion: have you guys ever considered... I don't know... making a product that actually works? I shouldn't have to hack every device or program I own into existence. You should plug them in and/or install them, and then they should work. Macintosh can
    do it. Why can't you?

So please, for the love of Crom, don't just suggest I reinstall a bunch of stuff. I want this thing to actually bloomin' work, not to screw around reinstalling things for an hour, when everything is already installed properly and up to date.

There is one thing I can think of, which is that it's a pretty old monitor. It's from 2010, and the software on the LG website is for Windows 7. Will that Windows 7 software work if I fiddle with it? Or do I just need a new monitor? If so, this is completely
    unacceptable. The monitor words with HDMI, and I'm not gambling £200 on a 1% chance of solution. Furthermore, even if it were a 100% chance solution, I refer you to my "Suggestion" section of this question/comment.

Just to add insult to injury, your site wouldn't let me post this comment, saying it's the wrong amount of characters, when it fits within your parameters. So I had to try in a different browser. Good job, Microsoft. You really know how to end on a punchline.

NameDeleted, Jul 7, 2020
  4. VGA for Second Monitor is not detecting After 7/7/20 Security Intelligence update microsoft...

VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor

Machine: Lenovo - Ideacentre 300S Desktop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive
    Processor Model: Intel 4th Generation Core i3
    Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400

Backstory: I had my computer setup and working properly with dual monitors. I needed to use my work computer with the my monitors, so I unplugged both without shutting down my desktop. When I went to plug in the monitors, I had some trouble getting them to display. I eventually got my primary monitor working via a HDMI cable. However, the VGA connected monitor was not being detected.

Problem: I've tried to use the Windows Key + P to setup the computer for extended desktops. However the monitor is still not detecting a signal from my machine and the machine does not detect the monitor.

• I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers on the graphics card.
    • I've tried a system restore to a period prior to the problem.
    • I tried purchasing a cable that converts the VGA port to an HDMI connection at the monitor and that didn't help.

I'm somewhat proficient with computers and at a point where I don't know of any other solutions. I talked with somebody at Best Buy where I purchased the machine, and the suggested it could be faulty hardware. Given the number of people experiencing the same problem, I suspect that's not the case. Anybody have suggestions? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Favorite414, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

VGA for Second Monitor is not detecting After 7/7/20 Security Intelligence update microsoft...

1. VGA for Second Monitor is not detecting After 7/7/20 Security Intelligence update microsoft... - Similar Threads - VGA Second Monitor

2. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  3. Surface Pro 7 - Second monitor "Inactive"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7 - Second monitor "Inactive": Hello, I see a number of others with surface pro 7s have had this same issue and all the threads are locked with no solution. Until a couple weeks ago, my surface pro 7 worked fine with my docking station and two monitors. Now when I go to plug into the docking station,...
  4. GRB for Second Monitor is not detecting After 7/7/20 Security Intelligence update microsoft...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GRB for Second Monitor is not detecting After 7/7/20 Security Intelligence update microsoft...: When I attempted to start my morning remote office work day I got a prompt that a security update had been performed. then I noticed my Second monitor was not working. I checked the cables for power and it had power. I checked the GRB cable and no issues when connecting to...
  5. monitor dimming after 7 seconds - power options checked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor dimming after 7 seconds - power options checked.: I have a LENOVO ThinkCenter with a LG FLATRON L192ws monitor. I have set the monitor to 10 min. , it still is dimming after 7 sec. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-dimming-after-7-seconds-power-options/f3800f9f-6e5b-403c-835a-aec148c2b612
  6. Security Intelligence Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security Intelligence Update: Every single time I get one of those updates I get the blue screen telling me the system quit working. It then gathers information and restarts which is very frustrating because it always happens when I'm in an online poker tournament. I check the reliability report and it...
  7. External Second Monitor not detected after Bios Update

External Second Monitor not detected after Bios Update: Hello All! I have a new HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop and a Dell s 2740 external monitor. I restarted my machine and the bios updated happened automatically. Once it happened, I could not use my Dell monitor at all. It says "there is no signal coming from your...
  8. Second monitor not detected

Second monitor not detected: After upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 1809 my 2nd monitor is not detected. Updating display drivers for Intel HD graphics 4000 and Nvidia Geforce 710m graphics cards did not solve the problem. Rolled back to version 1803 and everything works fine. My laptop is an Acer...
  9. Second monitor can't be detected after windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second monitor can't be detected after windows update.: Updates have been wreaking havoc on my computer over the last few months. In a couple of cases I was able to regain normal operation by rolling back the update via system restore. However, twice now including today the update has left my computer (HP Pavilion laptop) unable...
  10. VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor: Machine: Lenovo - Ideacentre 300S Desktop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive OS: Windows 10 Processor Model: Intel 4th Generation Core i3 Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400 Backstory: I had my computer setup and working properly with dual monitors. I...