Windows 10: VGA to HDMI adapter suddenly not working

Discus and support VGA to HDMI adapter suddenly not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got this old monitor a couple months ago and have been using it since with a vga to hdmi adapter cause my pc doesnt have a vga port. Then suddenly a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shaghik, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Shaghik Win User

VGA to HDMI adapter suddenly not working

I got this old monitor a couple months ago and have been using it since with a vga to hdmi adapter cause my pc doesnt have a vga port. Then suddenly a couple days ago it stopped working so i figured the monitor died considering how old it is. However when i got a replacement monitor which is also not particularly new but less old it still didnt work. I then tried connecting the monitor to a different pc that has a vga port and it worked fine. I bought the adapter only a couple of months ago so i dont know what could have gone wrong.

:)

Shaghik, Dec 22, 2019

2. Lumia Display Dock and HDMI to VGA adapter

just to understand some constraints:

• HDMI is electrically compatible with DVI
    • DP outputs from most PCs have an HDMI compatibility mode that allows for:
      • DP-to-HDMI passive adapters [passive means it just uses wiring (no ICs) between the connectors]
      • DP-to-DVI passive adapters
    • In contrast, the USB Type-C output on the Lumia 950XL/950 phone and the DP output on the Display Dock do not have HDMI compatibility mode. To drive HDMI, DVI (or VGA), they require active adapters incorporating bridge ICs. The tipoff is usually that such
      an adapter costs $20-$40 instead of ~$10 for a passive adapter. There’s no good way to tell active versus passive other than by part # and spec.

Jesse Vaught, Dec 22, 2019
  3. IamStubb Win User
    Lumia Display Dock and HDMI to VGA adapter

I would like to use my Lumia 950/Display Dock combination for presentations using a projector. I have a functioning HDMI to VGA adapter (from Insignia, I picked up at Best Buy) that works just fine to convert my laptop HDMI out to VGA. However, when
    I plug it into my Display Dock, nothing happens. Normally Continuum will automatically start when an HDMI or DP cable is plugged in. In this case nothing happens. What is special about the Display Dock's HDMI output that it doesn't work with an HDMI to VGA
    adapter? I have tested with the supplemental power via USB that is necessary when using Mac's. Still doesn't work. Please help. If I can get this to work reliably, I can ditch my laptop!

IamStubb, Dec 22, 2019
  4. melpa Win User

adapter micro HDMI to VGA for Nokia Lumia 2520

Which adapter micro HDMI to VGA is suitable for Nokia Lumia 2520?

melpa, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

1. VGA to HDMI adapter suddenly not working - Similar Threads - VGA HDMI adapter

2. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  3. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  4. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working: My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to that and it's not. none of them work. Every single one gives me the same message 'Display connection might be limited' This was...
  5. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working: My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to that and it's not. none of them work. Every single one gives me the same message 'Display connection might be limited' This was...
  6. My hdmi to vga adapter doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hdmi to vga adapter doesnt work: I buy this adapter https://www.amazon.com/FOINNEX-Converter-Computer-Projector-Portable/dp/B07121Y1Z3But it doesnt work strange is that my pc is detecting the monitor but monitor doesnt have display i check the cable and it was okay i dont know where is problem...
  7. My hdmi to vga adapter doesnt work

My hdmi to vga adapter doesnt work: I buy this adapter https://www.amazon.com/FOINNEX-Converter-Computer-Projector-Portable/dp/B07121Y1Z3But it doesnt work strange is that my pc is detecting the monitor but monitor doesnt have display i check the cable and it was okay i dont know where is problem...
  8. My hdmi to vga adapter doesnt work

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. VGA to HDMI Adapter for Windows 11

VGA to HDMI Adapter for Windows 11: I just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a Moread adatpter that connects through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "Input Not Supported". How do I make this work? Thank you...
  10. HDMI to VGA adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI to VGA adapter: I use the HDMI to VGA adapter to connect one of the old monitor as second monitor on my system. It works great. But, twice now, the adapter seemed to stop working after I unplug the monitor from the adapter when it is still hot. Does it make sense that the adapter would burn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nokia 950 display dock