Windows 10: VGA to HDMI Monitor Issues

Discus and support VGA to HDMI Monitor Issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to get an old vga monitor Hpvs17 to display as a second monitor for my laptop using a vga to hdmi adapter. Windows detects the monitor perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LMan17, Jun 22, 2024.

1. LMan17 Win User

VGA to HDMI Monitor Issues

Trying to get an old vga monitor Hpvs17 to display as a second monitor for my laptop using a vga to hdmi adapter. Windows detects the monitor perfectly down to the model and reccomended resolution and acts like the monitor is there when I extend the displays it just will not display on the actual monitor itself. I'm using an nvidia 3070 Laptop GPU and am thinking that maybe getting it to display using Intels Integrated Graphics instead of the dedicated gpu might fix the issue but I can't find the particular setting to make that switch. Advice or suggestions is appreciated.

:)

LMan17, Jun 22, 2024

2. HDMI to VGA cable issue

I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10.

This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor (projector) having VGA port.

It works fine until i update windows 10.

Normally, when i plug HDMI to VGA port to laptop, a sound will appear and i could see external monitor when i open Intel UHD graphic control panel.

But now it does not happen.

It works fine if i use HDMI to HDMI cable, meaning that the HDMI in laptop is OK.

I use my HDMI to VGA cable for other laptop, it is OK (meaning that the HDMI to VGA cable is OK)

I did try the following steps:

- uninstall graphic driver and reinstall graphic driver using device manager.

- Go to Asus website to download graphic driver and BIOS to update.

- Finally reinstall a fresh windows 10

This issue still happen.

Could someone please help me to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your time.

N.K. Quang

NGO KHOA QUANG, Jun 22, 2024
  3. Davidk03 Win User
    Monitors - VGA vs HDMI

The pandemic inspired me to upgrade my win 7 PC monitor - to 1920x1080, either VGA or HDMI connected.

Altho VGA is analogue and HDMI digital - both work, but when using an hdmi connected screen there is an issue with shutdown - there seems to be no difference between the imagery displayed.

So, given that alternate ways to connect work, is there any preference between the 2??

Davidk03, Jun 22, 2024
  4. EmilyS726 Win User

hdmi to vga adapter not working on windows 11

Hello, this is Emily.

If you connect straight HDMI to HDMI and it works, then there's no problem with the graphics card or port, or computer. The issue can be on the adapter, or the VGA cable, or the monitor itself. I would suggest that you try the same adapter/VGA cable with a different monitor if possible to help narrow down the issue.

EmilyS726, Jun 22, 2024
Thema:

1. VGA to HDMI Monitor Issues - Similar Threads - VGA HDMI Monitor

2. VGA to HDMI Monitor Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA to HDMI Monitor Issues: Trying to get an old vga monitor Hpvs17 to display as a second monitor for my laptop using a vga to hdmi adapter. Windows detects the monitor perfectly down to the model and reccomended resolution and acts like the monitor is there when I extend the displays it just will not...
  3. Vga and hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vga and hdmi no signal: Okay so a while back I bought the hp victus 15l from Walmart. I upgraded the OS to windows 11 all was great until free mcfee virus protection expired I hadn't had a chance to do anything but listen to Spotify on the computer at this point as my friends weren't available to...
  4. Vga and hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vga and hdmi no signal: Okay so a while back I bought the hp victus 15l from Walmart. I upgraded the OS to windows 11 all was great until free mcfee virus protection expired I hadn't had a chance to do anything but listen to Spotify on the computer at this point as my friends weren't available to...
  5. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  6. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  7. HDMI to VGA cable issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI to VGA cable issue: Hi there, recently when i was working with my PC, my monitor went black and started saying "power saving mode", after a few day and changing VGA cable and power cable, etc. I just understood that my HDMI to VGA cable was the issue.I just bought a new one from Asus brand, Now...
  8. Changing Monitor input from VGA to HDMI

Changing Monitor input from VGA to HDMI: I recently updated my Desktop and this has an HDMI connection. I thought I would use this for my Monitor rather than the VGA connection. However cannot get an appropriate resolution. Any ideas - or do I just revert to the VGA ?...
  9. HDMI to VGA adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI to VGA adapter: I use the HDMI to VGA adapter to connect one of the old monitor as second monitor on my system. It works great. But, twice now, the adapter seemed to stop working after I unplug the monitor from the adapter when it is still hot. Does it make sense that the adapter would burn...
  10. HDMI to VGA cable issue

HDMI to VGA cable issue: I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10. This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor (projector) having VGA port. It works fine until i update windows 10. Normally, when i plug HDMI to VGA port to laptop, a sound...