Windows 10: VHD (Virtual Hard Drives) are suddenly ejecting from Windows 10

Discus and support VHD (Virtual Hard Drives) are suddenly ejecting from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys! I am using a Surface Go (With 120 GB of storage) running Windows 10 Home x64 1803, and I have a storage problem. I am running out of space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LOLRyan2006, Feb 24, 2019.

1. VHD (Virtual Hard Drives) are suddenly ejecting from Windows 10

Hello guys! I am using a Surface Go (With 120 GB of storage) running Windows 10 Home x64 1803, and I have a storage problem.

I am running out of space on my C: Drive. I have no USB support (Attaching an OTG (On-the-go) Cable will break it), I have a micro SD card but is for video purposes only.

One VHD was 50 GB, the other was 1 TB.

When I'm downloading a file, the VHD ejects from Windows 10 for no actual reason, the bigger, the faster.

I have only a few MB left.

Please Help Me!

P.S Is there an option to make it PERMANENT?

P.P.S C: Is full of important files

:)

LOLRyan2006, Feb 24, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

VHD to virtual PC

What does it mean? *Confused VHD (Virtual Hard Drives) are suddenly ejecting from Windows 10 :confused: VHD is a hard drive of a virtual machine which (by default) can be opened by Microsoft Virtual PC

Drone, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Unable to create virtual hard drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you are trying to create a virtual machine, you can try creating a virtual hard disk manually by using PowerShell command and check if that helps.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to create virtual hard disk.

• Type PowerShell in the Windows start menu.
    • Right click on PowerShell and select run as administrator.
    • Please enter this command New-VHD "C:\Hyper-V\Virtual Machines\Drive1.vhdx" –size 60GB –dynamic
      and hit enter key. (Note: you can change the size of the virtual hard drive according to your requirement)
    • Open Disk Management.
    • Click on Action and select
      Attach VHD.​
    • Click on Browser and navigate to the location
      C:\Hyper-V\Virtual Machines and select drive1 and click on
      Open.​
    • Click on OK.​
    • Now, right click on Disk 1 and select
      Initialize Disk.​
    • Select the Type of partition you want to use and click on
      OK.​
    • Now, right click on unallocated space and click on
      New Simple Volume.​
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to assign a
      drive letter.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in TechNet
    forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge to create virtual machines.

Hope it helps.

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Noor_Azam, Feb 24, 2019
  4. VHD (Virtual Hard Drives) are suddenly ejecting from Windows 10

VHD to virtual PC

does anyone know of an easy way to convert a VHD made using an old backup into a virtual PC

theoneandonlymrk, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

VHD (Virtual Hard Drives) are suddenly ejecting from Windows 10

1. VHD (Virtual Hard Drives) are suddenly ejecting from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - VHD Virtual Hard

2. VHD Virtual Hard Disk uses space from C: disk??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VHD Virtual Hard Disk uses space from C: disk??: I don't understand, I thought download a file into a VHD means the file takes space from VHD, but, when I download a file it takes space both 2 hard disk with a same file size it takesExample: Download 1GB file = C: disk minus 1GB and the VHD minus 1GB.Now my question is: How...
  3. VHD Virtual Hard Disk uses space from C: disk??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VHD Virtual Hard Disk uses space from C: disk??: I don't understand, I thought download a file into a VHD means the file takes space from VHD, but, when I download a file it takes space both 2 hard disk with a same file size it takesExample: Download 1GB file = C: disk minus 1GB and the VHD minus 1GB.Now my question is: How...
  4. VHD Virtual Hard Disk uses space from C: disk??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Virtual Hard Drive suddenly created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Hard Drive suddenly created: Out of the blue, there is suddenly an F: VHD appears in my list of drives. I didn't create this. When I first saw it there was a 'Lock' icon on the drive icon and it asked for my Bitlocker key. I don't have Bitlocker. Without thinking it through, I formatted the F: drive and...
  6. Virtual Hard Drive suddenly created

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Hard Drive suddenly created: Out of the blue, there is suddenly an F: VHD appears in my list of drives. I didn't create this. When I first saw it there was a 'Lock' icon on the drive icon and it asked for my Bitlocker key. I don't have Bitlocker. Without thinking it through, I formatted the F: drive and...
  7. Virtual Hard Drive suddenly created

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Hard Drive suddenly created: Out of the blue, there suddenly an F: VHD appears in my list of drives. I didn't create this. When I first saw it there was a 'Lock' icon on the drive icon and it asked for my Bitlocker key. I don't have Bitlocker. Without thinking it through, I formatted the F: drive and now...
  8. Interaction Between Bitlocker and a Virtual Hard Drive VHD in a RAID 1 Volume on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Interaction Between Bitlocker and a Virtual Hard Drive VHD in a RAID 1 Volume on Windows 10: I have a RAID 1 mirroring volume on two SSD's in my system, and I have gotten Bitlocker to encrypt this volume by setting up a virtual hard drive VHD on the volume and setting it to the size of the volume. This is a bit of a workaround because Bitlocker only works with...
  9. hard drive not ejecting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive not ejecting.: The application \Device\HarddiskVolume3\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2008.9-0\MsMpEng.exe with process id 4592 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB\VID_1058&PID_25A2\57583831414336394B4A5659. how do i force eject, concidering how useless...
  10. Creating Virtual Hard Disks - VHD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating Virtual Hard Disks - VHD: I have a TB to choose from and I Made it 1,000,000,000,000,000TB to see if it was a 1,000YB which I went online to see how much it was and it said 1000 that is 1,000 YB but on my computer, after it was formatting it said 1024.98 GB and then I thought to my self boy that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows 2019 support vhd drives